Who's dreaming up something big for next year? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's dreaming up something big for next year?

I really dont think you’re going to find many non friendly places in the maritimes
Maritimes are excellent people, some of the most friendly people I have met are out East. Returning back west you gradualy see the change in people's dispositions.

The food is good to, home cooked styled restaurants, moose burgers, lemon mergane pie's, and home made bread!

Season is short and fills up quickly so book ahead ..not that many places on the Cabot Trail - the whole maritimes fills up - try Meat Cove and take a whale watching trip.

Unless we have a dramatic change in numbers in the months ahead I'm pretty sure you're not going to see the Maritimes open up their borders to outsiders anytime soon.

Unless we have a dramatic change in numbers in the months ahead I'm pretty sure you're not going to see the Maritimes open up their borders to outsiders anytime soon.
They are hovering around zero cases per day. Compared to them we are the US. I expect two week isolation for crossing a border for quite a while.

Anyone know when vaccine efficacy/transmission studies could be available? I havent seen anything with a timeline.

closed the night many times to this tune

We heard that in a pub/motel called the Happy Hiker in Cheticamp Cape Breton. We were the only people staying at the motel. We closed it, everyone in there was ****** out of their minds. Parking lot was completely empty when we left. Lol
Best tour ever!

I stayed at the Trailsman Lodge in Baddeck
Nice place and it's right on the water.

The only reason I revived this thread is that we usually do 2 trips a year to Maggie Vally NC (spring and fall) and we didn't get to go at all last year.
Looking at pictures online from down there had me dreaming.
I've come to the conclusion that we will be lucky to do a fall trip down there in this year of 2021.
Even if the border does open my guess is there will be strict measures... 14-day quarantine/proof of vaccination...that kinda thing.
I can get a truck to move Charlotte to Calgary AB so I think I'm going to concentrate on doing another West Coast Trip.
I'll try to hit up all the places I missed last summer.
Fingers crossed I get the same kind of weather.
IMHO...
Nothing compares to Alberta and BC when it comes to riding.
It's getting there that's a b!tch.

Nothing compares to Alberta and BC when it comes to riding.
It's getting there that's a b!tch.
Absolutely riding out west is where it’s at. I didn’t make it home to see family this passed summer due to COVID so I’m obligated to get out there this year as long as the restrictions relax. Since crossing the border will more than likely not be an option I figured I would make that my riding trip this year.
Trailering the bikes with a couple buddies to

Alberta then spending a week riding out there would be a dream!

“What3words” app would be quite a useful tool for you adventurous types.

The creators have essentially broken the entire planet into 3 metre by 3 metre grids with a unique three word identifier.

If you get lost or injured out in the middle of nowhere, emergency services can find you if you give them your three-word location. OPP is using it and it’s reducing search and rescue times.

Lots of other great reasons to have the app. Set a precise meetup spot for example and map your route to get there.

I could also see this being helpful if you get split up on a group ride and need a rendezvous location (especially when there’s no recognizable landmark).

Or you have a mechanical issue (motorcycle/car/bicycle/quad/sled/boat) and need someone to help or pick you up.

There is a photo mode in the app where you can add the What3words identifier and save/share the location. Great for those who want to share the precise location where you snapped that amazing shot.

I can see this being useful when travelling abroad too.
Lots of other business and personal uses for this.

Just thought I’d drop it in this thread as an added safety net for the long-distance riders, but we can all find uses for this app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“What3words” app would be quite a useful tool for you adventurous types.

The creators have essentially broken the entire planet into 3 metre by 3 metre grids with a unique three word identifier.

If you get lost or injured out in the middle of nowhere, emergency services can find you if you give them your three-word location. OPP is using it and it’s reducing search and rescue times.

Lots of other great reasons to have the app. Set a precise meetup spot for example and map your route to get there.

I could also see this being helpful if you get split up on a group ride and need a rendezvous location (especially when there’s no recognizable landmark).

Or you have a mechanical issue (motorcycle/car/bicycle/quad/sled/boat) and need someone to help or pick you up.

There is a photo mode in the app where you can add the What3words identifier and save/share the location. Great for those who want to share the precise location where you snapped that amazing shot.

I can see this being useful when travelling abroad too.
Lots of other business and personal uses for this.

Just thought I’d drop it in this thread as an added safety net for the long-distance riders, but we can all find uses for this app.

"Meet you at The. Gas. Station."
"Which one?"
"The. Gas. Station."
"Bruh...."

I’m getting old. I have a few years left for going fast, something I enjoy. I’ve done 250kmh runs on the autobahn, no need to do that again. Ran across the USA in 2000 when there was no speed enforcement in the interstates - fun.
Northern Ontario is forgiving, I’ve done Mathewson to Nipigon as fast as a bike can go.

I need a cop free stretch of 500km or more that I can run at whatever speed I like.

I’m getting old. I have a few years left for going fast, something I enjoy. I’ve done 250kmh runs on the autobahn, no need to do that again. Ran across the USA in 2000 when there was no speed enforcement in the interstates - fun.
Northern Ontario is forgiving, I’ve done Mathewson to Nipigon as fast as a bike can go.

I need a cop free stretch of 500km or more that I can run at whatever speed I like.
That would be tiring at 300+ kmph would not want to hit a up there.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

JBR. Just bring lots and lots and lots of gas.

Back
Top Bottom