What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 110 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Any recommendations for something to put underneath a car and prevent spills beyond the oil pan?

I typically do my oil changes and there's always a small spill on the garage floor, so just looking to put something underneath the pan?

I use cut-up cardboard boxes to line the floor. If you want to get fancy, you can get an oil absorbing mat that you can wash and reuse. If you want to get REALLY fancy, get a Stahlbus oil drain valve (I use one on my SXV's oil tank as well as my MDX since the oil drain doesn't protrude below the oil pan).

Oven liner.
Simple and cheap, I love it.

I use cut-up cardboard boxes to line the floor. If you want to get fancy, you can get an oil absorbing mat that you can wash and reuse. If you want to get REALLY fancy, get a Stahlbus oil drain valve (I use one on my SXV's oil tank as well as my MDX since the oil drain doesn't protrude below the oil pan).

Thanks! Never considered that one.

I'm planning on doing an oil change on the Volt as the computer says it needs it.

Then the bike.

Then the van.

Any recommendations for something to put underneath a car and prevent spills beyond the oil pan?

I typically do my oil changes and there's always a small spill on the garage floor, so just looking to put something underneath the pan?
If I care, I just use a flattened cardboard box. Throw it out after the job. Normally I don't care that much and use some oil absorber and then sweep it up.

I like clear plastic rectangles you buy for under office chairs. They’re $20ish dollars and pretty much invisible so you can just leave them there all the time.

I cleaned my bench; I had a bunch of sawdust and bits of wood from cutting trim for my house. I need to adjust the floats in my carbs soon.

I have a place in a golf course community, the course owners are trying to develop the fairway directly across the street.

The neighbors backing onto that fairway are fighting like badgers.

Developers will win.

I have a place in a golf course community, the course owners are trying to develop the fairway directly across the street.

The neighbors backing onto that fairway are fighting like badgers.

Developers will win.
Owners could pool their money and buy the course. That never happens. They want to ***** about what others do with their property but aren't willing to put up the money to change the path.

I keep a cheap box of kitty litter in the garage. It's great for soaking up little spills.

If you're trying to catch drips before they happen, roll out a cheap rubber runner, $10. Rubber Runner

Owners could pool their money and buy the course. That never happens. They want to ***** about what others do with their property but aren't willing to put up the money to change the path.
Developer owns the course, they did offer to sell the land to homeowners, way too expensive. $1.2m/resident.

Town is workjng with residents to oppose development.

Switching from winter setup to summer.

IMG_20230319_170502-XL.jpg

Studded tires off, knobbies back on

IMG_20230329_182255-XL.jpg

Got a 15L Acerbis tank to replace the stock 8.5L tank. I've run out of gas so many times with the small fuel tank. No more! Almost double the capacity!

IMG_20230329_191059-XL.jpg

Tada! Last time I screwed up my wife's Acerbis install - ruined a fuel pump in the process. But this one was more straightforward.

I broke a lever last year. It's easy enough to get the whole lever off, but the replacement doesn't have the lowwr black bit. It's held in by the cylindrical piece, but I'm not sure how to get that cylinder out. It's a really tight fit. Any ideas?

7KR4hyu.jpeg

I broke a lever last year. It's easy enough to get the whole lever off, but the replacement doesn't have the lowwr black bit. It's held in by the cylindrical piece, but I'm not sure how to get that cylinder out. It's a really tight fit. Any ideas?

7KR4hyu.jpeg

If you're talking about the part in the middle:

lever.jpg

Use a socket roughly the same size or just slightly smaller and a ball peen hammer to gently tap it out.

7KR4hyu.jpeg
Shouldn't be a really tight fit, it's a hardened spanner bushing, it should push out with light pressure. Steel can corrode to aluminum, so a squirt of penetrating oil and a light tap should free it up.

When you swap it over, clean it up and lightly grease both sides of the bushing before refitting.

It doesn't matter how much space you have... It'll fill up eventually
I'm finding this out. Part of it is a Canadian thing...different toys for each season.
My partner always asks why Canadians park in their drive ways...had to explain the garage was for toys and seasonable stuff like snow shovels etc....gardening stuff, snow tires....etc etc and of course motorcycles.
•••
Set up my TPMS with velcro today. The two sided tape here did not last long - the velcro should be fine and extremely visible. Will see if the solar panel on the back actually keeps the battery charged.
1680148336430.png

Shouldn't be a really tight fit, it's a hardened spanner bushing, it should push out with light pressure. Steel can corrode to aluminum, so a squirt of penetrating oil and a light tap should free it up.

When you swap it over, clean it up and lightly grease both sides of the bushing before refitting.
A new one came with the new lever and it doesn't push right in. I was planning on using a vice to squeeze it in.

IMG_4476.jpeg
I have this mark in the black paint of the Husky garage cabinet door from being outside for a week. I had clear tape over this spot and I’m guessing the sunshine through the tape hurt the paint. I haven’t hit it with any compound or polish yet. Any best practice ideas to fix it or is it not coming out?

Back
Top Bottom