What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 109 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Still progressing my custom keyboard. Case and plate design is fully done and printed. I've printed it using some clear PLA that I've had open in air for 5+ years thats now super brittle, but seems to be holding together.

I've spent a lot of time soldering over the last few days. Still not done, but close.

bG6pioW.jpg

vwwzfql.jpg

Can the kitchen counter be considered a repair shop??

Fixed my laptop mouse pad.
It wasn't springing properly after it fell from 2 foot filing cabinet.

Thankfully it landed flat on the ground. Screen didn't crack and I'm sure the SSD drive didn't even flinch .
I have always been a believer of ThinkPad laptop. They are almost bullet proof1678661102155.png

Last edited:
Can the kitchen counter be considered a repair shop??

Fixed my laptop mouse pad.
It wasn't clicking properly after it fell from 2 foot filing cabinet.

Thankfully it landed flat on the ground. Screen didn't crack and I'm sure the SSD drive didn't even flinch .
I have always been a believer of ThinkPad laptop. They are almost bullet proof
What was broken? cable loose? replaced trackpad? don't know but now it works?

What was broken? cable loose? replaced trackpad? don't know but now it works?
Nothing broken.
The little steel rod arm that is help by another thin piece of metal tab was out of its position. I guess it's what provides the springing mechanism.
The pad was working if you tapped it with your finger but I prefer the feeling of a mechanical click. All good now and working.
1678660869649.png

Still progressing my custom keyboard. Case and plate design is fully done and printed. I've printed it using some clear PLA that I've had open in air for 5+ years thats now super brittle, but seems to be holding together.

I've spent a lot of time soldering over the last few days. Still not done, but close.

Ok Im typing on this thing and it is the absolute worst. I am 10x faster on T9. But to my surprise it worked 100% on the first go!!!

HzjyLyw.jpg

ig9suNq.jpg

Ok Im typing on this thing and it is the absolute worst. I am 10x faster on T9. But to my surprise it worked 100% on the first go!!!

HzjyLyw.jpg

ig9suNq.jpg
Why is typing on it bad? Why that pattern of key colours? Why three keys with strange symbols on them? I'm assuming space, shift and ??? Do you run a separate numpad or are you some kind of wizard that avoids using numbers?

Why is typing on it bad? Why that pattern of key colours? Why three keys with strange symbols on them? I'm assuming space, shift and ??? Do you run a separate numpad or are you some kind of wizard that avoids using numbers?

These split keyboards/ergodox layouts take a long time to get used too.

The bottom row is; tab/backspace/space/enter/shift/esc.

It should have layers set up for all other missing keys, but I haven't got that far yet.

These split keyboards/ergodox layouts take a long time to get used too.

The bottom row is; tab/backspace/space/enter/shift/esc.

It should have layers set up for all other missing keys, but I haven't got that far yet.
Aren't you missing a button to switch layers? Or would a layer switch be a combination of buttons? For years I used a kvm for one keyboard on multiple computers with a key sequence to switch. When someone finally came out with a competent wireless backlit keyboard I picked that up and it has direct keys to control three computers. Far better with the direct keys than my old combination.

HzjyLyw.jpg

ig9suNq.jpg
As much as it may not be comfortable to use still looks like a great job.

I did some work at someone house a while back. Their 15 year old would also make mechanical keyboards. I don't think he 3D printed any components but I do know he would solder a lot of it.

Aren't you missing a button to switch layers? Or would a layer switch be a combination of buttons? For years I used a kvm for one keyboard on multiple computers with a key sequence to switch. When someone finally came out with a competent wireless backlit keyboard I picked that up and it has direct keys to control three computers. Far better with the direct keys than my old combination.

Yeah I'll probably swap the ESC key out for a layer key at some point.

I was just trying to get one layer working first. Once you've one layer working everything else is simple. There is like 150 solder joints to test all at one time that I was more worried about than a numpad.

Waiting for the rain to stop to try to go skiing. Lots of days on the hill recently so skiis were in rough shape as no time to keep them up. Four pairs sharpened and waxed so far. One more set of skiis to go, then a snowboard, then two sets of skiis to be tuned and left with storage wax until next year.

The Ural is going to take up a lot of garage space. Picked up a bunch of these plastic brackets at home hardware ($9). Hung my blue bins and green bin and my bike stands. Very tidy.

Attachments

• 20230325_160813.jpg
    20230325_160813.jpg
    505.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230325_150505.jpg
    20230325_150505.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 29
Waiting for the rain to stop to try to go skiing. Lots of days on the hill recently so skiis were in rough shape as no time to keep them up. Four pairs sharpened and waxed so far. One more set of skiis to go, then a snowboard, then two sets of skiis to be tuned and left with storage wax until next year.
I went skiing on Tuesday at Snow Valley.

It was a great day. Weather was good. conditions were good and the slopes were practically empty.

There as a post on here about riding your bike only during the weekend to avoid the weekend warriors. I sort of get point now.

There was no waiting in line at the lift and no worry of getting plowed into on the hills.

Snow Valley is not my favuorite ski hill but I think if I lived in one of these houses a seasons pass would be a must.

1679787642298.png

In my guest room the closet door swings open right beside the bed where a nightstand should be. I tried to buy something that would fit but there wasn't anything available. I found some cheap $15 foldable shelf brackets on Amazon and have a bunch of 1-1/8" oak, so I've made my own foldable nightstand.

Also was an excuse to buy a $280 Milwaukee M18 Router to do the little corner chamfers

CCXABI2.jpg

oNPjBgq.jpg

e1vHELR.jpg

kGM1Vcl.jpg

I went skiing on Tuesday at Snow Valley.

It was a great day. Weather was good. conditions were good and the slopes were practically empty.

There as a post on here about riding your bike only during the weekend to avoid the weekend warriors. I sort of get point now.

There was no waiting in line at the lift and no worry of getting plowed into on the hills.

Snow Valley is not my favuorite ski hill but I think if I lived in one of these houses a seasons pass would be a must.

View attachment 60025
If your in one of those houses, you should buy a pass even if you dont ski. You paid a premium to be close to the hill and want to do what you can to keep the hill operating. We havent seen it yet but some ski hills following golf course to become subdivisions is almost inevitable.

If your in one of those houses, you should buy a pass even if you dont ski. You paid a premium to be close to the hill and want to do what you can to keep the hill operating. We havent seen it yet but some ski hills following golf course to become subdivisions is almost inevitable.
There was a golf course in Milton that is being cleared out for warehouse

There was a golf course in Milton that is being cleared out for warehouse
That's even worse. Premium lot to below average. Although some golf course residential also ends up weird. Some existing houses get a road across their rear property line as hole can't accommodate two rows of houses.

That's even worse. Premium lot to below average. Although some golf course residential also ends up weird. Some existing houses get a road across their rear property line as hole can't accommodate two rows of houses.
1679875504716.png
My riding buddy/neighbor would sometimes golf there 2 a week. 5 Min from home.

Shame.

I heard that Jim Balsillie was part owner of it before it was clear cut.

Any recommendations for something to put underneath a car and prevent spills beyond the oil pan?

I typically do my oil changes and there's always a small spill on the garage floor, so just looking to put something underneath the pan?

Back
Top Bottom