Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not booking it yet but I might get it eventually

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not going to get vaccinated

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Countries with extremely low vaccination rate also, generally, have extremely low testing rates (and few medical resources in general).

That does not mean they are not having a problem ... it just means they have no way of knowing the scale of the problem.

Countries with extremely low vaccination rate also, generally, have extremely low testing rates (and few medical resources in general).

That does not mean they are not having a problem ... it just means they have no way of knowing the scale of the problem.

Mexico is a good example. 78/100,000 cases/people, but a positivity rate of 35%

Best data I can find so far is:

Bulgaria
27.77 vaccinations per 100. Jul 21
2.37 tests per 1000. Mar 27
12.42 new cases per million. Jul 20

Mexico
42.74 vaccinations per 100. Jul 19
.14 tests per 1000. Mar 27
81.53 new cases per million. Jul 20

UK
121.66 vaccinations per 100. Jul 19
18.35 tests per 1000. Mar 27
698.99 new cases per million. Jul 20

All from Our World in Data.

Edit: covid density map of Bulgaria from April 7

iu

population density map of Bulgaria:
iu

Last edited:
Simple solution to that problem. Everybody that got the shot prior to the lottery announcement gets two entries. One entry for anyone that gets shot after.
Since covid is driving our medicare costs up the wall how about a tax credit for getting vaccinated. No vax, pay tax.

The dumber you are the more you pay.

We don't appear to be doing that much better than the U.S. with vaccinations.
They have five States that have fully vaccinated 60% of their population.
We have one territory that has done the same, and one that's on the verge as of Jul 10 data.

Ontario is ranked third, at 46.55% in the Provinces, behind Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

New York city police department is at ~43%.

COVID-19 vaccination coverage in Canada - Canada.ca

Not getting the vaccine doesn't appear to be a Republican, Conservative or Trump thing. We appear to be plateauing.

It would be nice to constructively try and get people to get the vaccine, rather than just screaming how stupid they are, or writing them off in a rage.

Promoting new studies as they pass peer review would help.
Being open to admitting when your wrong, even partially wrong, instead of doubling down, would also do wonders.
There are people who mistrust the government Democrat/Republican/Conservative/Liberal/NDP, we need to be more patient with each other.
At the same time, all, or at least most, of us are under additional pressure from being locked down for so long.

Additionally, much of the world still doesn't have the vaccine, so we need to look at ways to move that forward, where needed.

Remember what Mr. Rogers said, "Look for the helpers". Be a helper.

They have five States that have fully vaccinated 60% of their population.
We have one territory that has done the same, and one that's on the verge as of Jul 10 data.

Ontario is ranked third, at 46.55% in the Provinces, behind Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

New York city police department is at ~43%.

COVID-19 vaccination coverage in Canada - Canada.ca

Not getting the vaccine doesn't appear to be a Republican, Conservative or Trump thing. We appear to be plateauing.

It would be nice to constructively try and get people to get the vaccine, rather than just screaming how stupid they are, or writing them off in a rage.

Promoting new studies as they pass peer review would help.
Being open to admitting when your wrong, even partially wrong, instead of doubling down, would also do wonders.
There are people who mistrust the government Democrat/Republican/Conservative/Liberal/NDP, we need to be more patient with each other.
At the same time, all, or at least most, of us are under additional pressure from being locked down for so long.

Additionally, much of the world still doesn't have the vaccine, so we need to look at ways to move that forward, where needed.

Remember what Mr. Rogers said, "Look for the helpers". Be a helper.
Agreed..however I still don’t understand why most people are worried about this virus at all considering in almost 2 years ,according to the Canadian government , less than 3 percent of Canada’s population has even caught the virus. The chance of you getting it is small and the chance of you getting it and dying or being sick from it is miniscule. might even be lower odds than having a motorcycle accident and dying from it .
The panic and fear is out of control on both sides. How is it Toronto could tolerate a concert with the stones and AC/DC in 2003 with 500,000 people standing shoulder to shoulder during SARS and now they are hiding , wearing masks while riding a bicycle and demanding people get a vaccine. Social media is the difference and it isn’t a good difference.
in the history of humanity we have eliminated one virus from the planet , small pox. All other virus continue to circulate to this day, including polio , which we first started vaccinating for in 1952 I believe. People need to accept you will have to live with this virus just like every other one. Annual boosters now make it seem that the “it’s not a flu “crowd have accepted it kinda is whether they want to admit it or not .
the whole things is nuts and out of control,

Agreed..however I still don’t understand why most people are worried about this virus at all considering in almost 2 years ,according to the Canadian government , less than 3 percent of Canada’s population has even caught the virus. The chance of you getting it is small and the chance of you getting it and dying or being sick from it is miniscule. might even be lower odds than having a motorcycle accident and dying from it .
The panic and fear is out of control on both sides. How is it Toronto could tolerate a concert with the stones and AC/DC in 2003 with 500,000 people standing shoulder to shoulder during SARS and now they are hiding , wearing masks while riding a bicycle and demanding people get a vaccine. Social media is the difference and it isn’t a good difference.
in the history of humanity we have eliminated one virus from the planet , small pox. All other virus continue to circulate to this day, including polio , which we first started vaccinating for in 1952 I believe. People need to accept you will have to live with this virus just like every other one. Annual boosters now make it seem that the “it’s not a flu “crowd have accepted it kinda is whether they want to admit it or not .
the whole things is nuts and out of control,
Welcome back from wherever you have been.
ICU's have been over capacity with every wave.
LTC units have had huge fatality rates over normal numbers.
You are correct.It's nuts and out of control.

I haven’t been anywhere.
ICU were not over capacity with every wave … , they didn’t even use the tents they set up to add extra capacity.
LTC in Canada has over 7000 deaths every year anyway . . People are in long term care because they are on their last days weeks months of life, they are there waiting to die even when there isn’t a pandemic
it’s nuts and out of control not for the Reasons you state .
you didn’t address anything I said you just repeated headlines.
I do see the same 4 people going back and forth on this whole thread so I assume they will keep repeating the headlines too .
we are also at the same case count and hospitalization we were at pretty much a year ago .
looks like this ain’t a riding ‘ motorcycle site but a personal blog for a handful of “experts”

dont feed the troll.

Really?

Yes, we are still in catch-up mode with second doses. Yes, that means there are some (5-ish out of 50) US states that have second-dose coverage that is higher than what we have, because they got to that point sooner. We're still catching up.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccinations - Statistics and Research as of 21 July 2021

As of right now, Canada as a whole has 52.42% of the population with both doses and 70.53% with at least one.

First-dose coverage has indeed almost levelled off ... we've added 0.61% to the at-least-one-dose coverage in the last week. But second-dose coverage has added 6.03% in the last week, and the slope of the graph has only slightly diminished (the week before added 7.55%).

And the USA?

55.76% with at least one dose, up 0.49% in the last week, 48.41% with both doses, up 0.53% in the last week. They've almost stalled out, and we're still outrunning them by both ways of measuring it even though we're already ahead.

The US has very uneven vaccination coverage. It's high in the New England states (those are the states with coverage higher than Canada's average). It's decent in California. It's low in the south and midwest. It's very poor in Louisiana and Mississippi.

And then there's this ... COVID Live Update: 193,410,165 Cases and 4,151,456 Deaths from the Coronavirus - Worldometer

As of right now, the daily case rate in the USA is some 11 times higher per capita than ours. As of 21 July 2021, 7-day moving average, 42702 daily cases, with a very steep up-slope. About 120 daily new cases per million population. Ours is 412, about 11 daily new cases per million population and declining. Daily new deaths ... about 0.7 per million population (7-day moving average) in USA, about 0.2 per million population in Canada.

As of right now ... for 21 July ... Florida has 30 times more daily new cases than all of Canada and 7 times more daily deaths than Canada despite having just over half the number of people. That's just Florida. More than half of all US states individually have more daily new cases than all of Canada had yesterday.

The US situation has nothing to be envious of, and plenty to be really concerned about.

Last edited:
Really.
Notice I didn't discuss infection rates or spread, which seems to be what you're talking about.
I'd have to do more research to discuss that intelligently.
63qcX0Xl.jpg

5g35CFcl.jpg

I would expect, that depending on how porous our borders are kept, we can expect a relative jump in spread in the near future.

Edit: At this point, assuming both we & the U.S. have supply, we need to look only at the fully vaccinated.
Anecdotally, many of the vaccine centres here have packed up, and shut down, sometimes leaving those with reservations in the lurch.
I'm not sure if this is connected to less demand, or less supply, as I haven't heard a statement yet.

Last edited:
Can't speak for the US data but that Canada graph is waaaayyy out of date.

"The cumulative percent of the population fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine in Canada was 43.74%, as of July 10, 2021."

... almost two weeks ago.

... which is pretty close to what OurWorldInData says. (They give pretty close to that number for 11 July ... it's going to be out by a smidge due to various reporting delays.)

The US numbers, on the other hand, probably won't be out by all that much, even if there are reporting delays, given that their vaccination effort has almost stalled ...

Last edited:
Only Vermont and Maine are above 70% one-dose coverage (Canada up-to-date number). About 15 US states are above 53% fully vaccinated (Canada up-to-date number), but we're catching up fast. But then there's Mississippi ...

Can't speak for the US data but that Canada graph is waaaayyy out of date.

"The cumulative percent of the population fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine in Canada was 43.74%, as of July 10, 2021."

... almost two weeks ago.

... which is pretty close to what OurWorldInData says. (They give pretty close to that number for 11 July ... it's going to be out by a smidge due to various reporting delays.)

The US numbers, on the other hand, probably won't be out by all that much, even if there are reporting delays, given that their vaccination effort has almost stalled ...
Here's the official source, I pulled it from: COVID-19 vaccination coverage in Canada - Canada.ca
I think it's official federal government, so not being up to date, would be par for the course.

Here's the official source, I pulled it from: COVID-19 vaccination coverage in Canada - Canada.ca
I think it's official federal government, so not being up to date, would be par for the course.
Well that is annoying but not all that surprising.

From July 10 to July 22, Ontario fully vaccinated increased by 1,569,861 people. That is ~23.5% increase from the number of people fully vaccinated up until July 10. I would assume other provinces are following a similar trend but didn't pull their data.

According to the linked data, 18+ in Ontario are 65.59% fully vaccinated. Likelihood of being fully vaccinated is proportional to age. 80+ is 90.5% done, 12-17 is 36.1% done. Every adult age group is over 48.5% fully vaccinated.

Last edited:

We added 1,493 ICU beds April 2020 to treat COVID;

And another 500 this January.

The beds from last April alone had a surplus of 600 beds, with total capacity in the last 18 months having been increased to over double our peak (May 2021 when we hit ~900).

If hospitals couldn't pivot in 13 months to provide these 1,493 beds, which were more then enough to contain our peak, and not require any preexisting ICU beds or even the beds from January. Then only hospitals are to blame for poor management.

Average life expectancy in a LTC home is two years. With a user base of 115,000 people a year in Ontario, you're looking at 57,500 people dying each year.

Average life expectancy in a LTC home is two years. With a user base of 115,000 people a year in Ontario, you're looking at 57,500 people dying each year.
What is the reasoning for posting numbers like that? I really don't understand the significance.

We added 1,493 ICU beds April 2020 to treat COVID;

And another 500 this January.

The beds from last April alone had a surplus of 600 beds, with total capacity in the last 18 months having been increased to over double our peak (May 2021 when we hit ~900).

If hospitals couldn't pivot in 13 months to provide these 1,493 beds, which were more then enough to contain our peak, and not require any preexisting ICU beds or even the beds from January. Then only hospitals are to blame for poor management.

Thank you…. I heard a great quote the other day “Canadians equate compliance with intelligence when in fact it’s the opposite” The four or five sad people on here who Dominate every conversation and try to shout everyone else down calling them a troll or freedumbers are clearly a good example of the above statement. There’s also a few people that will get their face slapped if they talk /act like this in person. That is if they can stop hiding from real life.
i will repeat ,Since this has started less than 3% of the Canadian population has even contracted the virus. Stop being scared of nothing. The same people scared of this virus are the same people not scared of being fat and out of shape

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom