Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not booking it yet but I might get it eventually

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not going to get vaccinated

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you get tenure bonus points for most papers retracted on various topics?
In his case, you get fired

BTW, according to Twitter the UN is doing something sketchy at a pharma company in Toronto. Possible invasion?

Oh what's that, they're parked at a company that builds them?

Second paper has been retracted

Yikes.

Minor digging finds that MDPI doesn't have a great reputation, with adequacy of peer-review for what they publish being an apparent weakness.
Obviously that journal needs to focus on rolling out a peer-reviewed study on how their peer-reviewed process completely failed. Ideally that would be published before any "science" as they obviously have a fundamental internal issue.

Seems that what could be found online about MDPI earlier, and specifically their shortcomings in peer-review, was accurate.

Maybe they should do something about that.

So I hear of lottery ticket being used to encourage people to do the right thing.

Is this a good idea?

If a new wave or variant comes through and boosters are needed will people avoid getting shots early in the game so they can get a chance of winning the big one when the bribes come out

If a new wave or variant comes through and boosters are needed will people avoid getting shots early in the game so they can get a chance of winning the big one when the bribes come out
Simple solution to that problem. Everybody that got the shot prior to the lottery announcement gets two entries. One entry for anyone that gets shot after.

You might lose your tenure if you become an institutional embarrassment
Yeah, I forgot to add the /s tag. I just found it interesting that he had multiple papers on very different topics retracted for major issues. I don't care enough to do it, but it would be interesting to go through his previous publications to see if he has always lacked scientific rigor or if that is a recent shift.

Yeah, I forgot to add the /s tag. I just found it interesting that he had multiple papers on very different topics retracted for major issues. I don't care enough to do it, but it would be interesting to go through his previous publications to see if he has always lacked scientific rigor or if that is a recent shift.

Sometimes research is a bit like writing and “nothing comes”. Most people deal with it…some invent results, others look for notoriety. The problem is, these are permanent records. You'll get found out eventually.

Ha. Ontario's top doc wants 90% of eligible people vaccinated before lifting all restrictions. We are at a far higher percentage than I expected but I will be shocked if we ever get near 90% of eligible vaccinated. Even if measures were put in place to make peoples lives miserable if they didn't get it, I doubt we will get to 90%. I suspect to see some funny math to explain why many in the pool of eligible people should not be in the pool and therefore push up percentages (eg. unverified assumption that 8% of people are medically prevented from getting vaccine). Oh look, we did it folks.

It’s already starting, some mines are or already have put in place for contractors coming on site, made it mandatory you need to be double vaccinated

Whoooaaaa. Fox News just slightly, just maybe, changing their tune, just a little??

Don't worry, there will be angry people on Twitter, and he'll be back to sowing doubt about it again by Friday.

Ratings must have taken a dip.

My PIL already buying plane tickets. Damn Trudeau!

Canadian side is opening up. No news on the US side opening up yet.

Which is very odd considering it was the border states who were kicking up a huge fuss about the closures because of the loss of Canadian tourists. But now that we've announced our side....crickets from their side.

Sure hope someone wakes up and gets things moving. I have a trip down to the Tail (And Cherohala, and Moonshiners, and Back of the Dragon...and Blue Ridge.....etc) planned for September.

I have a trip down to the Tail (And Cherohala, and Moonshiners, and Back of the Dragon...and Blue Ridge.....etc) planned for September.

A bunch of us have done something like that trip every year for the last 20-ish years ... but not last year, and not this year.

I have a nagging suspicion that Delta variant is going to blow up south of the border over the next month or two. We've got a fighting chance.

Whoooaaaa. Fox News just slightly, just maybe, changing their tune, just a little??

Sean Hannity back in March said he was going to get the vaccine. Just that it's a personal choice between people and their doctor and that the government shouldn't demand vaccination.

By May 11th he admits to getting the J&J shot.

Not much of a change for him.

A bunch of us have done something like that trip every year for the last 20-ish years ... but not last year, and not this year.

I have a nagging suspicion that Delta variant is going to blow up south of the border over the next month or two. We've got a fighting chance.

Yeah, we're planning to fly off the radar as much as possible - camping a bit probably, and when we do motel it....maintaining minimal contact and not rushing out to restaurants and such to sit inside. Patios only, maybe...but no inside dining, that's for sure. Takeout if that's the only option. It's very much an East Sleep Ride type trip.

We all know inside air is the biggest risk. Goal is to avoid that as much as possible and just be smart.

That said, most of the states we'll be in are in pretty good shape, at least at the moment.

1626823406044.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom