Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not booking it yet but I might get it eventually

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not going to get vaccinated

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The numbers supposedly matter, so many cases, so many hospitalizations, so many deaths and that's why we all need to protect ourselves, lockdown and take a vaccine. That's what every level of government has been saying.

But far too often there is no context attached, numbers without context are meaningless. But context prevents mass hysteria and it doesn't fit the narrative of this pandemic panic.
Exactly …so many terrified little Canadians don’t know what their own population is and how many infections there have been… they just know it’s “a lot” and it’s “ scary”
As soon as I tell them that less than 3 percent of our population has even contracted it from the beginning they start to realize ( the smarter ones) that they have been scared and they don’t even know the actual reason except they were told to be scared. The compliant ones just say “ I don’t care one death is too many” they live in fantasyland where no one dies or a 95 year old dying is as tragic as a 40 year old dying…utter nonsense

The reason only 3 percent of Canadians have been recorded as official cases is because of the public health measures that were taken. Can't know what that number would have been in the absence of that, but it surely would have been much higher.

Wrong again….but keep moving the narrative to fit your feelings. 193 million infections worldwide out of over 7 .8 billion people …less than 3 percent there too.
and I know your next argument ….” That’s known cases there are many cases we don’t know about “
while you want to keep speculating I will keep going on actual Data….and 97 percent or less of the world hasn’t even got the virus since it started according to official information
the fear is irrational and unwarranted.

The reason as much as 3 percent of Canadians have been recorded as official cases is because of the public health measures that were taken. Can't know what that number would have been if we'd done things right, but it surely would have been much lower.
fify

As soon as I tell them that less than 3 percent of our population has even contracted it from the beginning they start to realize ( the smarter ones) that they have been scared and they don’t even know the actual reason except they were told to be scared.

That's still a lot of feelings involved. We did shut down vast amounts of our country which would have limited spread. So you can't put that into context as easily. It's an argument that's impossible to win.

Compare like things, such as our peak of about 900 ICU cases versus the 1,993 new ICU beds the province funded.

If the beds exist we never were near capacity. If they do not exist then hospitals who are up and arms about capacity have mismanaged the funds and failed the public.

Like things to provide context. Not speculation of what could have been.

That's still a lot of feelings involved. We did shut down vast amounts of our country which would have limited spread. So you can't put that into context as easily. It's an argument that's impossible to win.

Compare like things, such as our peak of about 900 ICU cases versus the 1,993 new ICU beds the province funded.

If the beds exist we never were near capacity. If they do not exist then hospitals who are up and arms about capacity have mismanaged the funds and failed the public.

Beds does not equal trained bodies to staff them. Many of the additional icu beds were theatre.

the worldwide infection rate is pretty much identical. The rest of the world also put restrictions in place. some more , some less….it still equals less than 3 percent infection rate approximately.

They had over a year to pull people from other departments that were deemed "elective" and shut down, and give them necessary training between the first 1,493 beds and our peak in May.

That's mismanagement and improper use of resources.
True …so much BS and lies and selfish exaggeration

If you give me data, but the only context given, is your slant on how that data should be viewed, then your message is biased.

Best is if I can get context from different groups with different opinions on how that data is relevant and where it should be applied.

Unfortunately, we are in a rush, as there's a pandemic underway while we're making decisions.
That doesn't mean that we need to work ourselves into a tizzy where we make bad decisions in our panic.
Anyone who pushes us that way, is not working in our individual best interest.

S.1867 - COVID–19 Origin Act of 2021​

Heard it was voted down 216 to 207 within the House of Representatives in the U.S.
This was a bill to require the director of National Intelligence to declassify information related to the origins of the Covid-19 pandemic.
I'm leaning towards this not being a good thing for the world at large.
But it's also a large political land mine, so I can see why it happened.

Heard it was voted down 216 to 207 within the House of Representatives in the U.S.
This was a bill to require the director of National Intelligence to declassify information related to the origins of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Well they don't want anyone to know the REAL source...

Well they don't want anyone to know the REAL source...

That's what will fill the vacuum. Conspiracy theories. Here's mine:

If we found out that it was from a China/U.S. collaboration in Wuhan, would the world ask for reparations?
Is there any U.S. government benefit from the origin of the virus coming out, even if it's the Chinese government?

193 million infections worldwide out of over 7 .8 billion people …

... the majority of whom live in countries with some combination of sub-par health care (India, most of Africa, most of South America) and/or political motivation to minimise the magnitude of the issue (Brazil, possibly China, North Korea, Russia, even parts of the USA could fit into this category). Many of these places have no idea how many infections and deaths are really occurring. Some of these countries are trying their best to cope, but they're overwhelmed. Others simply have no chance. We (in the developed world) have no idea what's happening there, if internally they don't know.

If you're going to draw comparisons, then confine your discussion to the developed world with advanced healthcare systems.

I've never placed any reliance whatsoever upon the accuracy of the number of cases or deaths reported from China, India, or anywhere in Africa or South America or Central America.

Do you think that's accurate?

Really? 61 million people live there. They've done no testing. NONE.

Politics. Tanzania under new pressure to release Covid-19 data and vaccinate | Africanews

Why the world protects China and it’s horrible policies is bizarre

... the majority of whom live in countries with some combination of sub-par health care (India, most of Africa, most of South America) and/or political motivation to minimise the magnitude of the issue (Brazil, possibly China, North Korea, Russia, even parts of the USA could fit into this category). Many of these places have no idea how many infections and deaths are really occurring. Some of these countries are trying their best to cope, but they're overwhelmed. Others simply have no chance. We (in the developed world) have no idea what's happening there, if internally they don't know.

If you're going to draw comparisons, then confine your discussion to the developed world with advanced healthcare systems.

I've never placed any reliance whatsoever upon the accuracy of the number of cases or deaths reported from China, India, or anywhere in Africa or South America or Central America.

Do you think that's accurate?

Really? 61 million people live there. They've done no testing. NONE.

Politics. Tanzania under new pressure to release Covid-19 data and vaccinate | Africanews
It’s still under 3 percent no matter how you slice it….you don’t like the data ?then stop posting the data you keep putting up , but it doesn’t change the fact that what is reported is less than 3 percent …this is a bogus overreaction pandemic driven by social media and weak minds …its not leaving and it’s going to be the new yearly flu shot…

It’s still under 3 percent no matter how you slice it…

Based on the same place that (I think) you're getting your information from, over 10% of Americans are part of their official case count.

Explain the difference between there and here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom