Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not booking it yet but I might get it eventually

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not going to get vaccinated

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I refuse to cite a Fox News source for anything, let me show you a MSNBC clip which illustrates why I refuse to cite a Fox News source for anything. (Came up as a youtube suggestion)

UnFox your cable box. They have zero credibility.

I thought I saw on the news that the US advised against travel to the UK today. Suck on that Boris you dumb clown.

I thought I saw on the news that the US advised against travel to the UK today. Suck on that Boris you dumb clown.

They did ... although UK daily deaths 7-day moving average is 49 per day = 0.72 per day per million citizens and increasing slowly, USA is at 246 per day = 0.72 per day per million citizens and (so far) decreasing slowly, which suggests that the real situation on the ground is probably only slightly worse off in the UK than it is in the USA given that it's the same disease. The shape of the UK's daily case numbers graph suggests that they may be at a plateau ... "opening up" or "freedom day" as of yesterday may change that. Source for numbers https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Since I refuse to cite a Fox News source for anything, let me show you a MSNBC clip which illustrates why I refuse to cite a Fox News source for anything.

So the guy is upset that Fox has a split down the middle on the vaccine roll out (40%/60%), most of that 60% revolves around government mandates such as the possibility of vaccine passports. Tucker Carlson being the singular hardliner.

It's like how the "left of center" media acted like Hannity changed his tune the other day. He has been fairly consistent since about it. Saying it's a personal choice one must make with their doctor, and it's nobody else's business. Which is the same way we treat every other personal medical issue.

Fox News having their own Vaccine policy? Pretty much what nearly everyone on Fox has been saying. Individuals and businesses should make their own choices rather then the government force their hand.

It's all just divisive crap to sell ratings, because most of them have lost a significant portion of ratings now that Trump is out of office.

Border closure extended until late August on the US side.

Nice. Apparently we're the risky ones now. :rolleyes:

Expect howls from the bleachers from many of the US border states who have already been complaining for months about the loss of Canadian tourism.

I guess I'll make some backup plans for the planned trip to the TOTD - Cabot Trail or the JBR may be back on the table I guess.

At least we have legit ones issued by our health agencies, instead of fake ones bought on eBay, Etsy....etc etc...
While we have theoretically legitimate receipts, it is trivial to make fake ones. Out of interest, I was just looking at mine for shot two and it says which shot/lot I got and it was the second dose, but no mention of what shot one was. To know I was a half-breed, both injection certificates would need to be reviewed.

I have yet to be able to try the ArriveCAN app (required for entry / return to Canada) but it's my understanding that there's a level of verification going on (at least so far as Canadians returning) against Ministry of Health online records.

So not easy to fake on our side = probably verifiable on their side given some rudimentary access to a "Yes/No" online verification system.

It’s basically a pdf file. No barcodes, QR codes, not even a full health card # to trace it back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not *on* the document itself, but I strongly suspect there's some checks going on behind the scenes based on the info you must provide which is fairly easy to cross reference.

Here's the details on what the (mandatory) ArriveCAN app requires:

Providing proof of your vaccination
In ArriveCAN, you must provide:

• the details of your first dose (date, country and vaccine you received)
  • the details of your second dose if one was required (i.e., for Pfizer, Moderna, and AstraZeneca vaccines)
  • a photo or PDF file of the record of each dose of your vaccination, such as receipts, cards, or confirmations:
    • if you received two doses and they are both recorded on a single card or PDF, upload that same image or file for dose 1 and again for dose 2
    • file formats accepted: PDF, PNG, JPEG or JPG
    • maximum file size for upload: each image upload has a 2 MB size limit
  • preferred file format: if you received a PDF file of your vaccination record, upload the PDF rather than an image, since the PDF is clearer and easier to read
  • these must be in English, French, or a certified translation into English or French
Bring your original proof of vaccination with you while you travel.

The info that a simple entry of your name and DOB pulls up for border guards is incredibly deep on both sides the border.

Some might be surprised to find out the level of access US border guards have for our personal info as well.

It is what it is. Their sandbox, their rules - anyone who doesn't like their personal info being looked over or scrutinized, well, nobody's forcing you to travel.

And personally, I'd feel reasonably confident that some sort of information sharing system will be put into place specific to vaccination status.

And I'd like to think that the laws around knowingly providing false information would be steep and painful fines and consequences, but knowing the Canadian Government it'll slap Americans providing fake information with a $20 fine, take away their Tim Hortons loyalty points, and send them home all while saying sorry.

Some might be surprised to find out the level of access US border guards have for our personal info as well.

It is what it is. Their sandbox, their rules - anyone who doesn't like their personal info being looked over or scrutinized, well, nobody's forcing you to travel.

And personally, I'd feel reasonably confident that some sort of information sharing system will be put into place specific to vaccination status.

And I'd like to think that the laws around knowingly providing false information would be steep and painful fines and consequences, but knowing the Canadian Government it'll slap Americans providing fake information with a $20 fine, take away their Tim Hortons loyalty points, and send them home all while saying sorry.
I know someone that was taken to secondary inspection crossing back into Canada and asked why he changed schools half way thru univ.

I know someone that was taken to secondary inspection crossing back into Canada and asked why he changed schools half way thru univ.

To be fair, some people share every single life moment to Facebook with their privacy settings set to “public” and then act surprised when government agencies and complete strangers see it.

Social media is a privacy treasure trove for a lot of people (government aside) when used by the technology inept, or chronic oversharers. And a huge majority of these people have no clue what they’re even doing themselves potentially.

I got yelled at on Facebook before by a lady pitching a fit that I’d “hacked her profile” because I’d asked about a photo she’d posted several years earlier that she claimed was a “private family moment”. It, and an endless years-long feed of other posts right down to rants about her employer were set to public. No clue.

Is this true?
Yes. He's concerned by the stats. The stats bear out. Whether there's something big there or not, on the other hand is questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom