Tons of respect to any riders who ride downtown Toronto!!! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tons of respect to any riders who ride downtown Toronto!!!

Grr. Don Mills onramp to DVP SB this morning - idiot FUV driver pulled up *beside* me in my own lane... driving in the city is so much fun!

So today, I'm waiting to turn left from Yonge to Shuter. Light turns yellow, there's a clear spot between the pedestrians. Twist the throttle, and engine dies. Out of gas!

I switched to the reserve and restarted, but I had to wait for the next yellow light :)

Did it for many years, glad I'm
Not any more. Now it's just Burlington to Milton, couldn't be better for me. I lost count the number of times I almost got whacked driving in or out if the city in rush hour.

I commuter to Yonge and Dundas. Learned to ride living downtown...no biggie. The women in minis is the most dangerous thing....

I remember throwing my YSR50 into my truck and going down to see a buddie for a few days who lived dowtown.
I took the bike out down there for a ride one day when he was at work....WOW!
What a gongshow that was. An absolute circus for the 45 min i was out. The worse part of that ride was getting cut off and nearly running into a Cop on his H/D while he was writing a ticket.
Hindsight on the descision to ride that bike down there is truly 20/20. Funny looking back on it though.

Holy crap, I'm from Mississauga and I hardly ever go into the core. However, I had to go today to get to the court house to get an adjournment for a ticket I received.

I left Woodbridge (where I work) around noon and as soon as I got to Eglinton from Allen Rd.. whoa traffic! Not only that, but there's so much going on that you constantly have to be on the lookout.

I managed just fine, but there's cars, taxi's, street cars, HALF NAKED GIRLS IN MINI SKIRTS (most distracting), pedestrians, traffic lights, cross walks, street car tracks, crazy squirrels, etc.

Mad respect to all of you who do this every day.. I will never say anything about riding in the suburbs ever again!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

hahahah ... I ride in only on Fridays and its steadily gotten worse over the years, when I used to work downtown 10 years ago ? it was like no traffic by comparison ...

I commuter to Yonge and Dundas. Learned to ride living downtown...no biggie. The women in minis is the most dangerous thing....

word! ... but im somewhat of a man whore! i usually check if its a hot milf or chick before i get ****** when im cagered by them. I've never had issues with anyone not seeing me or merging into my lane when im there, i notice alot of bikers don't use the lane rules that are in the motorcycle handbook. I see way too many SS or cruiser bikes and other kinds ride in the centre of their lane, i don't understand that. The drivers will cut into your lane. One thing they should correct though is, when you approach a 4-way stop sign or a stop light and you are in the farthest right lane, switch your position from the left tire track to the right while coming to a stop, to prevent drivers from squeezing and making the right, that is my biggest haterade moment, when someone does that, i want to go osama on their *****.lol

... switch your position from the left tire track to the right while coming to a stop, to prevent drivers from squeezing and making the right, that is my biggest haterade moment, when someone does that, i want to go osama on their *****.lol

If there's space, why not let them through? I do, anyway. Probably safer than having someone raging behind you.

If there's space, why not let them through? I do, anyway. Probably safer than having someone raging behind you.

Agreed! A bike takes up such little space at a stop sign. Hell, even in my car I make enough room for another car to make a right if I'm going straight. Always be considerate to others and they will be to you as well.

It could also be my very relaxed nature and confidence. I don't freak out and throw my hands in the air when a car is following to closely or comes up beside me to make a right.

It was for sure the girls that almost got me into real trouble. Way too distracting!

people have had their feet run over by trying to be 'nice'.

you're also assuming a lot about someones judgement and driving skill when you 'assume' that there is space for them to squeeze through. maybe ther eis and they drive bad. maybe there isn't and they try anyways. why risk a flat foot or dinged up bike to save someone 30 seconds.

I am glad I am learning in Toronto. If you can ride here, you can ride anywhere. It really teaches you hyper-vigilance. It's not just good practice here, it's a survival skill.

That being said, I spend a lot of time on alternative routes to avoid some mojor roads. Until I am more comfortable anyway.

people have had their feet run over by trying to be 'nice'.

you're also assuming a lot about someones judgement and driving skill when you 'assume' that there is space for them to squeeze through. maybe ther eis and they drive bad. maybe there isn't and they try anyways. why risk a flat foot or dinged up bike to save someone 30 seconds.

Well, like I said, only if there is, according to my judgment, enough space. Since it is just a courtesy, I won't do it unless I'm completely comfortable. Some lanes are awfully wide and can readily accommodate two cars, let alone a car plus motorcycle. I always put my left foot down, so there is little chance of being flat footed by someone passing on the right... or if they do, my foot is the least of my problems! :)

I love riding downtown! Great skill building and once you get the feel for traffic it's not bad. It really does take time to get the feel for it though.

Relate? You are the poster child for this.

Not that I'm complaining.... ;)

I'll take that as a compliment LOL...thank you...when i ACTUALLY get a ticket for "indecent exposure" on the bike instead of the warning....I swear I'll scan it and post it up on my profile...then frame it!!

Back
Top Bottom