Tons of respect to any riders who ride downtown Toronto!!! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tons of respect to any riders who ride downtown Toronto!!!

downtown is awesome in Spring / Fall. not so much in summer - between the stop'n'go traffic and the urban heat island, I arrive at work rather damp.

Not that that deters me, mind you! Less fuel, free parking, and I arrive at work happy instead of frustrated - what's to complain about?

Second on the "not to look at the chicks in skirts" may cause brain fart and potential to move forward when car infront moved a bit and then stopped, while brain thinking its not there anymore, then you feel a "THUMP" (your neck jerks forward, your dreams of doing stuff to the chick on the side walk crashes into a million pieces and then) you see your front tire licking the car infront on its rear lip, while the female owner and her daughter in the front vehicle you just hit are taking turns tickleing the dogs huge nutts, who apparently must have huge nutts when it dosen't need to wear seat belts and is roaming around inside the car freely while car is moving, while its owner is trying to make a right turn in heavy traffic.... after realising all this, you realise, number one say as loud as you can inside your helmet ...b.i.t.c.h!!! knowing no one will ever hear that except your concious but still say it anyways, number two, quickly roll back with your two feet like a penguin in reverse, turn steering to left, quickly over take, see no cars...50% sure... hopefully you don't get karma too fast and get hit... make the turn and get away by showing your "pissedness" with the art of throttle expression, while the driver in the car is still sitting there thinking WTF! did her tranmission break down or something.lol

downtown core ..crazy chaos of traffic with all the brown ppl and their taxis, politicians and their premium cars, b.i.t.c.h. TTC drivers, and random tourists that jaywalk whenever and wherever they please....commuting to campus is hell BUT...
for me, it's the north york area that's giving me pain.......mostly with cagers here with their VERY poor anger management, short patience and their face GLUED TO THEIR F***ING CELLPHONES! not to mention the TTC bus drivers that yank their buses into the lane whether there's a car/bike or not....i swear, im gonna die sometime cuz of these guys... *knocks on wood...multiple times*

if you know several alternative routes its not too bad.. Also coming in from the East end is MUCH better.. no need for 401 when you have Eglington (commuter lane), Elsmeire, Lawrence and Kingston rd as options.

North/ South generally sucks

Love that Eglinton commuter route. Hate the donkeys that are on it when they are not supposed to be. So tempted to filter...

Love that Eglinton commuter route. Hate the donkeys that are on it when they are not supposed to be. So tempted to filter...

I've gone around them a couple of times at the lights near Leslie- just after the long downhill straight. Only do their vehicle, and usually stare back at them if they look at me.

I still had a few Incidents with people pulling out of sidesteeets on red lights and also driveways... After seeing me.

Downtown really isn't all that bad - there is almost a flow to it all, an organized chaos. A suburbanite won't feel it right away, they won't see it.
To be honest, I find driving in Brampton to be the worst - **** drivers there and I can't seem to figure out or premeditate as well as I can in the city.

Downtown really isn't all that bad - there is almost a flow to it all, an organized chaos. A suburbanite won't feel it right away, they won't see it.
To be honest, I find driving in Brampton to be the worst - **** drivers there and I can't seem to figure out or premeditate as well as I can in the city.

I agree! Still chaotic.. I don't mind driving downtown at all.. as others have stated, just really need to be on your toes!

whats a donkey?

donkey.jpg

Haha.. yea you did!

But, I'm assuming rafiki911 is referring to "jackasses" on the road!

Got tons of monopoly money you can have!
In jail they take out the "get out of jail free" cards. Messes the game right up!

-Jamie M.

Riding downtown Toronto is fun as hell. I always have a good time riding, such a challenge, def. come close but whatever, its still fun.

I was so !$^&!* frustrated by the time I got home today - way too many stop'n'go sections, and way too many idiot drivers.

But I still arrived at work with a smile, so it's all good. :)

yehhh lol!!!

Tons of respect to you downtowners :p

I drove through the core as well yesterday and I swear it almost seems like theres a reward on our heads...f****** ret***** people

That reminds me, I've really only ridden downtown late on a Saturday last fall. I've been meaning to go take a tour around there again. I kinda cruised along queen street, trying to remember the major / interesting roads.

But yeah, for me it starts in Mississauga, and the roads with 5-6 lanes worth of traffic to watch. Hamilton is very tame in comparison.

I am also frm mississauga and started commuting to work in the downtown financial core. I love ridin down because I don't like the GO train. I love taking my bike because I can do anything I want (i.e. Take turns next to a stopped car, u turns, stay in the right lane next to bicyclists and parked cars, etc). Being on a bike makes u so much more versatile and maneuverable. Need to get used to the heat though...

don't do the majo routes in rush hour, that's just stop and go hell...most other times during the work day require fighting for the lane next to the very eager bmw driver who believes they purchased that strip of tarmac you are riding on...i love riding downtown outside of rush hour times, who really wants to sit in stop'n'go traffic...queens park is a blast at lunch, do a few laps to lighten up your day...i tend to ride in early though, the east end is twice as fast for me to ride in than the west end...one day this week i caged it in at 8am on the DVP...that is sheer lunacy...how do people do it...ttc has a lot of smelly fat people...

It all depends on what time you start work. For me leaving at 8:30 or 9:00am is the difference between a 45min and 15min commute. Traffic can be crazy but it keeps you on your toes. Hell, had some female driver turn from an oncoming lane right in front of me this morning while doing ~50. First time I've had the rear wheel off the ground :lol: Was just a slight endo (not more than an inch I bet), but it gets the heart pumping!

I leave at 7ish and get in around 8ish. I took QEW to gardiner for 2 days than gave that up and just go up dundas. It's almost the same time but a lot less stop and go.

Back
Top Bottom