Tons of respect to any riders who ride downtown Toronto!!! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tons of respect to any riders who ride downtown Toronto!!!

Are u saying that I can't get ahead of you with a 750??? OK....

If u are judging by a 748, note that they are different engine configuration to a inline 4. I4's have a higher redline than an L-twin

not at all saying you * can't get ahead of me.
I am saying that if you're staying in 1st and simply thinking the bike is super fast without needing to shift , you won't accelerate as fast as if you're shifting through gears real fast, and depending on bike, you may be much slower than a 500 in acceleration...

I would be curious to experiment more one night though... :D

Dude, not everyone wants to race on downtown streets.
clearly. it's obvious though when someone is feeling more spirited.

the 500 is by no means fast. don't misunderstand.
I would never defend this rust bucket or stand behind it for ego reasons.
she's crap.
lol.

Are you kidding me? That's all I have....:(

LOL @ the GO train comment. I take the GO train when I don't ride as well. For some reason, despite the fact that it takes twice as long, and I'm a lot more fatigued after riding in, I'm usually in a much better mood when I get to the office. My bike's broken right now so I have to take the train in, and chewing bubble gum is about the only thing I can do to keep myself from punching everyone in the face.

*checks bag*

Oh crap...I'm all out of gum....

+100

After riding.....It's so hard to fight the urge to punch people on the train! I can't handle the drowzy masses of sheep in bad fitting clothes oiling up the train walls and glass dividers with their greasy sleepy bobbling heads; all their faces drained of life.

Only the snow forces me onto that rolling coffin.

I'll experiment with you. Wait, that didn't sound right. Ummm… no homo.

ahaha.... yes. we should. we haven't rode together yet no matter how many times I've asked you so that gives us an excuse. I'd love to see what the new duc can do as I'm still on the fence over which to get... can we fit in a test ride as well?

wait... no that didn't sound right either....

I grew up downtown and have a love hate relationship with it. I love how vibrant it is but really hate the traffic. Riding downtown is not enjoyable at all, there are traffic lights at every intersection... The beautifuls make the traffic a little more bearable.

Wait until the Exhibition. Then people taking the Lakeshore can really earn your respect.

if you find yourself behind a garbage truck...pass it ASAP! the smell is horrid. happens mostly at night

if you find yourself behind a garbage truck...pass it ASAP! the smell is horrid. happens mostly at night

The full pig trucks on the Lakeshore are worse, and they throw little presents to motorcyclists.

The worst is when I'm on Lakeshore West and I keep seeing runners/pedal bikers going by on the Martin Goodman trail haha. Being honest though, I don't think riding/driving downtown is THAT bad. I mean, yes, it's no joy ride, but if you're just accepting of the fact that you're going to be going slow and just chill then you'll make it out without a headache.

But I guess thanks OP :p.

HALF NAKED GIRLS IN MINI SKIRTS (most distracting), :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Suddenly, I have a very important thing to do downtown Toronto....
But yep, I never tried downtown Toronto for that reason and everything else you said, I preferred slaloming between turtles, coyotes, moose and deer in a police free environment! :p

Even if your not behind it, they leave their garbage piss all over the road.

Found out the hard way this week.
*note to self : do NOT ride downtown yonge st on a monday night = garbage night*

I had to ride in today and I found the traffic uptown was MUCH worse than the core, and this was at noon. There are all kinds of stupid when riding in TO.

I'd enjoy it more in a cruiser. Downtown is no place for an SS.

if you know several alternative routes its not too bad.. Also coming in from the East end is MUCH better.. no need for 401 when you have Eglington (commuter lane), Elsmeire, Lawrence and Kingston rd as options.

North/ South generally sucks

I'd enjoy it more in a cruiser. Downtown is no place for an SS.

This I agree with....well the second part, anyway. An upright standard would be pretty at home downtown. My ninja 250 was pretty damn good down there.

Everyday. Burlington to downtown Toronto. Rain or shine. That thunderstorm at 530 am this week was a particular treat.

Can't stand the train.

I've learned to hate cabs with a passion.

Back
Top Bottom