The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 308 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Hey Shane, still windw shopping lol.
After having spent the summer on the Tracer 900 gt in BC my opinion I have totally warmed up to the bike.
Hands down the biggest change to the bike was to get rid of the stock tires and go with roadsmart 3 tires. Otherwise it was a comfort seat, lower windscreen, gps and phone mount.
I am loving the bike now. Very comfortable, fast, and has just the right amount of "gizmos". I ride in A mode with traction control off all the time and it's a blast.
You really should take mine for a day run before buying anything...

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Hey Bud,
Glad to hear you are enjoying that bike and they are pretty sweet.
Window shopping for me is over - put a deposit on a 2001 FZ1 and picking it up this weekend. Looking forward to the change of pace.
But a TracerGT may be in my future one day!

Hey Bud,
Window shopping for me is over - put a deposit on a 2001 FZ1 and picking it up this weekend. Looking forward to the change of pace.
congrats!
Pics?

congrats!
Pics?
Thanks - not my pics since I don't have it yet, but it's a very well maintained, one-owner bike with a bunch of upgrades that are very useful for me. I know very little about these bikes, but everything I have read seems like it's a really good match for the type of riding I do.
1642614712429.jpeg
1642614735045.jpeg

Thanks - not my pics since I don't have it yet, but it's a very well maintained, one-owner bike with a bunch of upgrades that are very useful for me. I know very little about these bikes, but everything I have read seems like it's a really good match for the type of riding I do.
View attachment 53002
View attachment 53003
Sweet! I love the riding position on those 1st gen bikes and they are awesome for high mile days. Should be a good fit for you.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

View attachment 53002
View attachment 53003
looks clean too!
should be a nice change going to 17" wheels

Hey Bud,
Congrats and welcome to team Yamaha.

An FZ1 is a bag of smiles to ride -- your'e gonna love it. A riding buddy has one, I've taken hers for a spin a few times -- you'll not be doing those big sweepers WOT anymore.

damn that fz1 you bought is so clean, awesome bike
Picked it up last night and it's in mint condition, like practically off the showroom floor without a mark on it. Owner had a binder of all the work done, with adjustments and settings detailed out too.

Congrats and welcome to team Yamaha.

An FZ1 is a bag of smiles to ride -- your'e gonna love it. A riding buddy has one, I've taken hers for a spin a few times -- you'll not be doing those big sweepers WOT anymore.
Really looking forward to it and that's a big reason why I bought it. Just ordered some fresh Road 5 tires for it and I'll be ready for spring!

Picked it up last night and it's in mint condition, like practically off the showroom floor without a mark on it. Owner had a binder of all the work done, with adjustments and settings detailed out too.

Really looking forward to it and that's a big reason why I bought it. Just ordered some fresh Road 5 tires for it and I'll be ready for spring!
No cheap tires for that girl -- RP5s gonna be $500! TIP: spend the extra $20 on the RP5GTs - for me they added 50% more miles to the tire life, they don't flatten out when mile munching and nobody I have met can feel a difference in wet or dry grip.

No cheap tires for that girl -- RP5s gonna be $500! TIP: spend the extra $20 on the RP5GTs - for me they added 50% more miles to the tire life, they don't flatten out when mile munching and nobody I have met can feel a difference in wet or dry grip.
That's a good tip and changed my order for $40 more but all good. I don't mind buying the Road 5's. They are amazing tires.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom