The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 307 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Messaged him on fb

"It has under 21000km, brakes, tires, and chain are new. Suspension is upgraded for better handling (higher spring rate). Battery is new. Has a ding in the tank. 5k asking

Put him in touch with me if he’d like pics/videos"

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I was also looking at a 2nd gen FZ1 and there's one in Sudbury for $3k, with 77k on it which seems to be well maintained and totally stock.
The pictures in the ad aren't the best, but for $3k it seems like a good bike. I messaged the seller asking for more pics and he said he would but was out of town and would do it when he got back.

I liked my 2nd gen and you can get great deals on them. Really liked the power, handling, and they’re reasonably comfortable. I had an Ohlins rear shock, but there are kits for an R1 rear shock and some other options I think.

A few things to consider, fuel range at straight highway cruising is about 260km’s max until you run out. That drops to about 160-170km if you’re riding with a heavy throttle hand. While they’re decently roomy, the seat to peg dimension is on the cramped side, I’m 5’10, I think you’re taller than I am. 06 and early 07 FZ1 frames can crack at the big weld on each side of the fuel tank, be sure to inspect closely.

Wow. Looks good. I mostly like the switch to USD forks. I don't love the top end was redone, maybe by the seller himself?

Wild guess, but I assume he means the valve clearance check and adjustment which is due somewhere around 45k km.

I liked my 2nd gen and you can get great deals on them. Really liked the power, handling, and they’re reasonably comfortable. I had an Ohlins rear shock, but there are kits for an R1 rear shock and some other options I think.

A few things to consider, fuel range at straight highway cruising is about 260km’s max until you run out. That drops to about 160-170km if you’re riding with a heavy throttle hand. While they’re decently roomy, the seat to peg dimension is on the cramped side, I’m 5’10, I think you’re taller than I am. 06 and early 07 FZ1 frames can crack at the big weld on each side of the fuel tank, be sure to inspect closely.

Wild guess, but I assume he means the valve clearance check and adjustment which is due somewhere around 45k km.

Lots of good info! That's true. And more likely. When I read top end I think piston rings and such. I doubt thats the case, would be weird to touch a perfectly good factory motor.

The more I read about these 1st gen FZ1's, the more it seems like it's the perfect bike for me. I was looking for a much newer bike with a bunch of electronic goodies, but I'm starting to lean towards something like this. This one seems to be well maintained and sorted out with things that I would do anyways. The only thing I could see myself adding would be an aftermarket seat and maybe some luggage. I would just need to figure out how to get it to my place.
Any thoughts on this particular bike/price?
Anything I should specifically ask about or look out for @Jayv ?
Thanks!

I did some touring out west on a borrowed FZ-1, 1st gen with carbs. It was a great sport-tourer, fantastic smooth throttle response (carbs, baby), power where you want it, and a great real-world riding position that is all-day comfy while still allowing for a bit of inside lean body English when things get twisty. Eastern Oregon has some astonishing roads (I would put them against anywhere in North America factoring for quality of paving and having the place to yourself), and it was ideal for that.

One regular touring companion also had a 1st gen FZ-1, and he put over 100,000 km on his before trading it for another to do the next 100,000 km. Considering he owns a bike shop in Vancouver, he could ride almost anything, but sticks with what he likes.

I've never ridden later versions to compare, but I remember reading that the switch to fuel injection did them no favours, at least for the next gen or two. Not sure if that's fixable with a Power Commander, but they never quite seemed to recapture the magic, at least according to moto journos, who seemed to love the first one almost unanimously...

@shanekingsley

My buddy has an '03 fz1 he is going to be selling in the spring.

I can ask him some details if you want.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
dd47e9e550cdcf2ba70cee1fd6e36c1a.jpg
Sure thing Matt. I'd be interested to know more details for sure. Thanks.

Edit: Saw your next post - yes please, can you send me his contact info and I'll connect with him?
Thanks

The more I read about these 1st gen FZ1's, the more it seems like it's the perfect bike for me. I was looking for a much newer bike with a bunch of electronic goodies, but I'm starting to lean towards something like this. This one seems to be well maintained and sorted out with things that I would do anyways. The only thing I could see myself adding would be an aftermarket seat and maybe some luggage. I would just need to figure out how to get it to my place.
Any thoughts on this particular bike/price?
Anything I should specifically ask about or look out for @Jayv ?
Thanks!

Yeah they are great bikes Shane, I sold mine and then bought it back a year later(sellers remorse). Decent power, really good fuel range. The only issue was the well known white connector at the r/r http://www.fz1oa.com/forum/forum/f...-infamous-white-connector-under-the-gas-tank. I think I might still have the side luggage cases and hardware for it kicking around in the garage.

Yeah they are great bikes Shane, I sold mine and then bought it back a year later(sellers remorse). Decent power, really good fuel range. The only issue was the well known white connector at the r/r http://www.fz1oa.com/forum/forum/fz1-fazer-owners-association/fz1-problems-issues/gen-1-problems-issues/147021-the-infamous-white-connector-under-the-gas-tank. I think I might still have the side luggage cases and hardware for it kicking around in the garage.
Thanks Jay. I hadn't read about that white connector thing before. So did you sell yours again when you got the fz-09?

I have two of them that I'm interested in and I don't think either has luggage, so I might hit you up for that if you do still have them and are willing to part with them.

Cheers:)

"Ran when parked, no ownership, lost the keys..." How many ads do you see like that ?
I'm always fond of "run good needs carbs cleaned"

1989 Yamaha YSR 50 ?? Plus +++. $1000. Haven’t translated the ad and price must be wrong but holy spares Batman

259884467_5385532844806884_614550171305994040_n.jpg

259947621_5100194923358373_7943638775292076622_n.jpg

1989 Yamaha YSR 50 ?? Plus +++. $1000. Haven’t translated the ad and price must be wrong but holy spares Batman

259884467_5385532844806884_614550171305994040_n.jpg

259947621_5100194923358373_7943638775292076622_n.jpg
Sounds like he is parting it all out, nor a lot price.

"Request price for each item. Bodywork style r1 ysr 50cc or 80cc it is on the primer a front to rear extra kit if you wanted the gas tank with. 50cc airbox fit team calamari. Swap motor ysr 200cc honda xr complete running video support. Just as change the head gasket it is as aire.exhaust with for ysr fit.carosserie diver orange burn seat complete kit.piece engine 50cc ect.ect. and yamaha ysr 50cc and 80cc for sale ask and performance part also available. like cdi ysr 50cc daytona to debarr the minute revs.ect ..."

Thanks Jay. I hadn't read about that white connector thing before. So did you sell yours again when you got the fz-09?

I have two of them that I'm interested in and I don't think either has luggage, so I might hit you up for that if you do still have them and are willing to part with them.

Yeah i sold it the second time and told the new owner not to sell it back to me :)

This one has higher mileage, but it's half the price. Might be worth a look-

Hey Shane, still windw shopping lol.
After having spent the summer on the Tracer 900 gt in BC my opinion I have totally warmed up to the bike.
Hands down the biggest change to the bike was to get rid of the stock tires and go with roadsmart 3 tires. Otherwise it was a comfort seat, lower windscreen, gps and phone mount.
I am loving the bike now. Very comfortable, fast, and has just the right amount of "gizmos". I ride in A mode with traction control off all the time and it's a blast.
You really should take mine for a day run before buying anything...

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I do not know..

1990 DT200 $1500

yes, this 2s is street legal

posted 16 hours ago..

"Not actual pictures but very close!", key missing, has papers (ownership, UVIP ?) - come on seller, try a little harder.

I do not know..

1990 DT200 $1500

yes, this 2s is street legal

posted 16 hours ago..

If I didn't already have way too many bikes in the garage, this would be a no-brainer. I used to ride the Suzuki version, TS200R - they aren't keeping up with a KTM XC... but close! and about $12K cheaper to buy and infinitely cheaper to run.

Pretty hard to find an inexpensive street legal 2 stroke enduro. The only caution with these bikes is OE stators are troublesome and powervalves need a lot of love (or money).

If I didn't already have way too many bikes in the garage, this would be a no-brainer. I used to ride the Suzuki version, TS200R - they aren't keeping up with a KTM XC... but close! and about $12K cheaper to buy and infinitely cheaper to run.

Pretty hard to find an inexpensive street legal 2 stroke enduro. The only caution with these bikes is OE stators are troublesome and powervalves need a lot of love (or money).
And it's 32 years old....

Back
Top Bottom