The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 309 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Didn’t the Road 6’s just come out?
Yeah I was reading about them a couple weeks ago, but I'm not sure if Canadian vendors have them in stock yet.

They are supposed to have better wet traction and slightly better tread life as well. I have no idea about the pricing compared to the Road 5's or the PR4's, both of which are my favourite street tires.

The Guild of Automotive Restorers in Bradford has a 1953 Vincent Black Shadow listed for $165,000 USD, a bit over $200 K CDN. Is that reasonable?

Flip flop rear wheel? I have no idea on FMV for Vincents.

The Guild has built a successful business and cranks out some beautiful products. Imo, I doubt any vehicle owners came out ahead financially by having them touch a project. You basically have to drop it off with a blank cheque and open timeframe and they will tell you when you need to add more money to the pit. In a year or more, you will get back your beautiful project and an invoice that is far above market value. People with excessive disposable income give them projects because of emotional attachment.

They can't throw in a safety cert for $200K? They could probably skip half the items on the list for a 70 year old bike

They can't throw in a safety cert for $200K? They could probably skip half the items on the list for a 70 year old bike
How many of the guild projects ever see the road? The restorations are so good that the first ride would probably whack five figures off the price of the bike. Do you need/want to pay for a safety for your art project?

Flip flop rear wheel? I have no idea on FMV for Vincents.

The Guild has built a successful business and cranks out some beautiful products. Imo, I doubt any vehicle owners came out ahead financially by having them touch a project. You basically have to drop it off with a blank cheque and open timeframe and they will tell you when you need to add more money to the pit. In a year or more, you will get back your beautiful project and an invoice that is far above market value. People with excessive disposable income give them projects because of emotional attachment.
I had a long chat with the owner a number of years ago and he was at least open about that. If a guy wanted his 69 Chevelle restored he'd point out the high 5 / low 6 figure numbers and show him listings for restored cars for sale at a fraction of the price.

A buddy's wife had him spend away up into the five figures on a blah mid 70's Camaro that they had when they started dating. Not a Guild job.

Guild did customs as well but a custom isn't worth what you paid for the work to be done. It's worth what someone else will pay for it.

Provenance is big. Antiques Road Show did a session on purchases made by the rich and, more particularly, famous.

Jay Leno bought a sea side mansion and during negotiations asked to buy the place furnished. The seller came up with an acceptable number and Leno got the furniture and artwork. Roadshow selected a number of pieces and the values had doubled because "Once owned by Jay Leno".

There was an ugly IMO rotting, barely floating mahogany cruiser up on the Holland River and it needed $100 K minimum restoration or a can of gas and a match. It changed hands on a regular basis escaping the arson because it had once been owned by Ed Sullivan. The story was that Chris Craft gave Sullivan the boat in exchange for photo ops. For the under 60 crowd, ask your grandparents who Sullivan was.

Last edited:
Yeah I was reading about them a couple weeks ago, but I'm not sure if Canadian vendors have them in stock yet.

They are supposed to have better wet traction and slightly better tread life as well. I have no idea about the pricing compared to the Road 5's or the PR4's, both of which are my favourite street tires.
Was just curious why you didn’t go the newer route. My XR is due for rubber in the Spring and same as you I like the Road 5 (had them on my Multistrada) but then saw the 6 was out. I’ll look into the GT as well.

Was just curious why you didn’t go the newer route. My XR is due for rubber in the Spring and same as you I like the Road 5 (had them on my Multistrada) but then saw the 6 was out. I’ll look into the GT as well.
I checked around and Pete's had the lowest price on the Road 5 GT's, if that matters to you.
I wanted to buy them from a local shop but the price difference was hundreds of dollars on two tires, since I'm not using them for installation.

I have heard that some motorcycle tire prices could increase in the spring and summer up to 30% due to prices of containers as well as production. I would not wait too long if you are in need of tires.

I’ve heard that too...but mostly from sources trying to sell me tires.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they did increase...so I did buy some now.

My local dealer wanted almost $300 more to install the same tires as I need up buying elsewhere. I figured they’d be a bit more, but $300?

To install the set of tires I bought, they want close to $400. Like, what in the AF?

Not bad, but you can get a brand new 2019 one for $3K more….
They also have better brakes (among other upgrades)
if you go the used routes, the gsxs's are constantly on sale for ridiculously good prices (constantly overshadowed by the insane competition in the naked bike segment now)

Price is debatable I guess but it's one of the cleanest examples I've seen in a while.
e14317ba97556cd0a9038d3767d2cae2.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom