The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 306 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Please view this ad:

Two Kawasaki zx9r projects ,

Price: $ 1,400

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Price seems good. Pics being years old and description indicating that one bike is disassembled and missing major parts is appreciated but pics of current situation would be nice.

^ I don't think there is a running engine in the deal? overpriced for a parts buy. start a wrecking yard - part it out and break even lol.
According to the ad, the parts bike with no ownership is complete and running, but no muffler.

I think it is past tense running. As in in ran when he bought it. No indication of how long ago that was.
Good point. Sounds like sometime within the last 4 years. If Japanese bikes are ALL as reliable as some people one here like to boast, then it should just "fire right up"! ;)

Good point. Sounds like sometime within the last 4 years. If Japanese bikes are ALL as reliable as some people one here like to boast, then it should just "fire right up"! ;)
"Ran when parked, no ownership, lost the keys..." How many ads do you see like that ?

The more I read about these 1st gen FZ1's, the more it seems like it's the perfect bike for me. I was looking for a much newer bike with a bunch of electronic goodies, but I'm starting to lean towards something like this. This one seems to be well maintained and sorted out with things that I would do anyways. The only thing I could see myself adding would be an aftermarket seat and maybe some luggage. I would just need to figure out how to get it to my place.
Any thoughts on this particular bike/price?
Anything I should specifically ask about or look out for @Jayv ?
Thanks!

Last edited:
The more I read about these 1st gen FZ1's, the more it seems like it's the perfect bike for me. I was looking for a much newer bike with a bunch of electronic goodies, but I'm starting to lean towards something like this. This one seems to be well maintained and sorted out with things that I would do anyways. The only thing I could see myself adding would be an aftermarket seat and maybe some luggage. I would just need to figure out how to get it to my place.
Anything I should specifically ask about or look out for?
Thanks!

Have you checked out the Tenere 1200?

Anything I should specifically ask about or look out for?
Thanks!

I've been debating the same upgrade for quite some time to move up from my FZ6. The FZ1 is a great bike is what everyone who has had one tells me. Possibly the next gen one. The wind protection wouldn't be great that's for sure.

Have you checked out the Tenere 1200?
I haven't yet.
I'm keeping my current bike for light off-road stuff and 2up riding since my wife is really comfortable on it. Over the last year I've been flip-flopping all over the place looking at bikes, but the more I learn about the 1st gen FZ1, the more I feel like it's going to give me exactly what I want in a second bike at this point in my life.

I've been debating the same upgrade for quite some time to move up from my FZ6. The FZ1 is a great bike is what everyone who has had one tells me. Possibly the next gen one. The wind protection wouldn't be great that's for sure.
I was also looking at a 2nd gen FZ1 and there's one in Sudbury for $3k, with 77k on it which seems to be well maintained and totally stock.
The pictures in the ad aren't the best, but for $3k it seems like a good bike. I messaged the seller asking for more pics and he said he would but was out of town and would do it when he got back.

I was also looking at a 2nd gen FZ1 and there's one in Sudbury for $3k, with 77k on it which seems to be well maintained and totally stock.
The pictures in the ad aren't the best, but for $3k it seems like a good bike. I messaged the seller asking for more pics and he said he would but was out of town and would do it when he got back.

Wow. Looks good. I mostly like the switch to USD forks. I don't love the top end was redone, maybe by the seller himself?

@shanekingsley

My buddy has an '03 fz1 he is going to be selling in the spring.

I can ask him some details if you want.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
dd47e9e550cdcf2ba70cee1fd6e36c1a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom