Staying in shape during corona | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Staying in shape during corona

Picked up a heavy bag for the basement.
Same one as I use (used) at my gym.

6' tall, 120lb Muay Thai bag.

Plan to continue my reg routine of bodyweight exercises and heavy bag work.

14 years. As @LePhillou said, it never got easier. Dream big, deal with the minor details when the passion develops. Form, technique, etc. etc. are things you work on continuously. I'm still working on them.

Funny enough I read his book last year. I guess you did as well.
Just dipped under 100 kg for the first time in a long time. I peaked at 110. I was 75 at 18; height was 6'2".
Due to difficulty running, from shin splints and the knee stress, I've been walking the treadmill starting from 6, now up to 7.2 km/h (4.5 mph)

Can you shrink from being overweight? It seems to have happened to me. My legs seem stubbier, and I've lost an inch or two.
Anyways, it's better and much easier to work at keeping it off, that to try and lose it later. Back to the treadmill/reading.

Last edited:
Just dipped under 100 kg for the first time in a long time. I peaked at 110. I was 75 at 18; height was 6'2".
Due to difficulty running, from shin splints and the knee stress, I've been walking the treadmill starting from 6, now up to 7.2 km/h (4.5 mph)

Can you shrink from being overweight? It seems to have happened to me. My legs seem stubbier, and I've lost an inch or two.
Anyways, it's better and much easier to work at keeping it off, that to try and lose it later. Back to the treadmill/reading.
Spine might be more compressed due to a number of factors.
Ever since i started swimming... i'm...slightly taller!? Lots of stretching out in the water and low gravity i guess helps stretch the spine a tid bit.

My neighbor just made a home gym in his shed using cinder blocks, a pulley and shower parts. Totally awesome.

fml, Just reading he did all this **** with a hole in his heart,

Yeah. I found that really inspiring. Combining his book with Jordan Peterson philosophy of "to live is to suffer, but we are strong enough to endure it....or you can be a weak little *****. and sit in a corner" is incredibly motivational. Better to live a life where you give your suffering a purpose than to live one where you avoid suffering.

Have fun with the workouts btw! Most of the fun comes when you look back at the blazing trail you've made!

Was looking around online for some additional home gym equipment....looks like prices have spiked along with the Nintendo Switch and other consoles.

Finally started hitting my home gym setup, but need to make some changes to the layout as it's super tight, and squats, deadlifts, and heavier lifts will be impacted. I don't know why but at work I could wake up at 3am, gym by 3:30, and fresh for work at 6...here I can barely pull myself out of bed before 7am.

Was looking around online for some additional home gym equipment....looks like prices have spiked along with the Nintendo Switch and other consoles.

Finally started hitting my home gym setup, but need to make some changes to the layout as it's super tight, and squats, deadlifts, and heavier lifts will be impacted. I don't know why but at work I could wake up at 3am, gym by 3:30, and fresh for work at 6...here I can barely pull myself out of bed before 7am.
Children.

Darn, too late, took one of those complete workout weight bench systems to the dump a few weeks ago, nobody wanted it for years, I think it was used more for hanging cloths on.

Still have a set of adjustable dumb bells I would be happy to sell for about 20 cents per pound :unsure:

Darn, too late, took one of those complete workout weight bench systems to the dump a few weeks ago, nobody wanted it for years, I think it was used more for hanging cloths on.
I've seen people posting insane pricing for old/rusted equipment. Best One I've seen is $180 for 70lbs of free weight (2x35lbs)....used they're typically $0.50/lb in normal times.

All I'm looking for is a dip station. Wish I had a spot for a cable pulley system, but until we a) get a bigger house or b) kids don't need toys or c) MIL moves out...I'm a tad short on space. But the garage is looking as a promising gym for me and 1 car instead of both.

I've seen people posting insane pricing for old/rusted equipment. Best One I've seen is $180 for 70lbs of free weight (2x35lbs)....used they're typically $0.50/lb in normal times.

All I'm looking for is a dip station. Wish I had a spot for a cable pulley system, but until we a) get a bigger house or b) kids don't need toys or c) MIL moves out...I'm a tad short on space. But the garage is looking as a promising gym for me and 1 car instead of both.
Buy a trials bike, thats a full body exercise machine and it fits about the same space. ;) ask Wingboy

I bought a set of resistance bands from Amazon for $30. Not the same feeling as actual weights, but still a decent workout.

I bought a set of resistance bands from Amazon for $30. Not the same feeling as actual weights, but still a decent workout.
My wife has those...but the ones she has have a max resistance of maybe 20-25lbs or so. Once I finish up with work today I'm going to go and re-organize that gym area to make some more room and then take a picture, as right now it's a disaster.

My wife has those...but the ones she has have a max resistance of maybe 20-25lbs or so. Once I finish up with work today I'm going to go and re-organize that gym area to make some more room and then take a picture, as right now it's a disaster.

The extra heavy one I have feels like about 35-40lbs. I double them for some extra resistance on some exercises, plus high volume, and circuits.

@regder Can you send me a link as to the ones you have? might let me do some additional exercises.

I've just been using the backs of two chairs for dips. At first I thought they would pop out from under me and I'd land on my face but so far so good.

@regder Can you send me a link as to the ones you have? might let me do some additional exercises.

I bought these, but looks like they're no longer available

Had my eye on this but can't get through to the store in Mississauga.

Back
Top Bottom