Staying in shape during corona | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Staying in shape during corona

I picked up a 125lb, 6' long Thai style heavy bag for the basement.

Works real nice for keping up my with Muay Thai training.

Pairing bag work with bodyweight cardio exercises.

Actually my shed might hold up to that. I put .025 aluminum under the shingles instead of tar paper.
Did you use a picnic table and a lawn mower kicker :LOL: actually I was disappointed he made the ramp that easy, he should have left off picnic table and just launched it off the lawn mower :ROFLMAO:

Is it 2" or 3" uprights?
I have a dip attachment for a 3"x3" rack.
just measured and it's a 2x3 rack upright. This is the unit I have...

Last edited:
just measured and it's a 2x3 rack upright. This is the unit I have...

Mine won't work with that stand.
You should probably double check the dip attachment you linked earlier... I don't think you can use that one on your stand.. The hole alignment will have you hanging the attachment off the side of the upright and it's not braced to be pulled in that direction..

Mine won't work with that stand.
You should probably double check the dip attachment you linked earlier... I don't think you can use that one on your stand.. The hole alignment will have you hanging the attachment off the side of the upright and it's not braced to be pulled in that direction..
Crap you’re right. Maybe if I buy the pull up connector that will link both sides it could hold the weight. But I’d have to check. There goes Plan A.

I picked up a 125lb, 6' long Thai style heavy bag for the basement.

Works real nice for keping up my with Muay Thai training.

Pairing bag work with bodyweight cardio exercises.
Which one? I plan on adding a similar style to my next gym setup.

Which one? I plan on adding a similar style to my next gym setup.

warriorfightstore. com/shop/ibf-muay-thai-heavy-bag-6-feet/

(Remove the space before the .com)

Grabbed this one.
It's the same as what I beat on when at my reg gym (Bazooka KickBoxing) so the familiarity component really worked for me.

Are they even open?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Holy hell you're alive! I was just wondering yesterday that I've not seen any posts by you recently!

Come to think of it, when I called the local Mississauga one their voicemail said they're open, but allowing 1 person in at a time. However, I've not been able to get through to a live person yet. I just assumed it's volume of calls.

Holy hell you're alive! I was just wondering yesterday that I've not seen any posts by you recently!

Come to think of it, when I called the local Mississauga one their voicemail said they're open, but allowing 1 person in at a time. However, I've not been able to get through to a live person yet. I just assumed it's volume of calls.
Lol
Yeah, brother. I'm here.
Working afternoons for a bit to avoid the 300+ employees during the day.
The shift has messed me up.
Up to help my little guy with school work. Do some house work. Make lunch for everyone. Go to work for 10-12 hrs.
Rinse.
Repeat.
Finally took some days off after going 21 days straight.

I picked up some stuff for my sister at a fitness place around Steeles and Keele.
Try them?

I picked up some stuff for my sister at a fitness place around Steeles and Keele.
Try them?

That may be the same place I bought all my fitness gear at. Shop was set up across the street from another fitness shop just to spite them apparently. Great deal and still using everything.

Now wife just told me she wants a compact / smaller footprint treadmill or elliptical. Bad time for it as everything has skyrocketed. I'll tell her to go for a walk. LoL

EDIT: I always loved the afternoon shift. Time to hit the gym in the morning, or help kids, have a quiet morning and take care of all that needs to be done without the crowds, go to work, and come home to a normal sleep schedule again. I miss it.

For the folks that use a rowing erg auctionmaxx has a few trak sport rower handles up for $60 a very good price as i paid $100 US for mine a while back when elifts had a sale.
These handles make rowing more interesting as you can use a hammer grip or even a diverging movement that is a nice pump on the arms and chest.
They wont help your 500 split numbers but make rowing less of an ordeal IMHO.

Was looking for some dip station solutions for the home gym and came across this...

Anyone try this type of thing? I can hang it off the door pull-up bar. No space for a proper cable station unfortunately.

Was looking for some dip station solutions for the home gym and came across this...

Anyone try this type of thing? I can hang it off the door pull-up bar. No space for a proper cable station unfortunately.
Seems way overpriced. I would steal the idea and make it yourself.

Seems way overpriced. I would steal the idea and make it yourself.
Ya you're right. HD has all the components just need to find them. Hardest part seems to be finding a quiet (non-squeaky) pulley.

Ya you're right. HD has all the components just need to find them. Hardest part seems to be finding a quiet (non-squeaky) pulley.
I was going to say get an industrial pulley, but cost and size will probably be excessive. Look at climbing pulleys. They may suck less than home depot specials.

I was going to say get an industrial pulley, but cost and size will probably be excessive. Look at climbing pulleys. They may suck less than home depot specials.

Have lots of rope. I wonder how much weight a rope can take.

Back
Top Bottom