Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 185 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

"Zone 414" on Netflix - Bit of a "Bladerunner" feel to it and a similar take on the idea of consciousness. Fewer murdery androids. A good watch, overall.

The Protege on Netflix. Enjoyed it except for the ending. Nice eye candy too.

"Eternals" on Disney+ - I really wanted to like it, because I enjoyed the original comics. The problem is that they completely reworked their origin and purpose, invalidating the original material. Beautifully shot and it has its moments, but you don't make a compelling story out of moments.

"Eternals" on Disney+ - I really wanted to like it, because I enjoyed the original comics. The problem is that they completely reworked their origin and purpose, invalidating the original material. Beautifully shot and it has its moments, but you don't make a compelling story out of moments.
Watched it last night, is was ok. I have no reference from the comics, agree was well shot, but the story was meh and has some weird moments, and pacing. No real payoffs either, so it lacked some impact. Main character didn't really come into their own, I found the the girl doing sign language more interesting. Also strange having 2 members from Game of Thrones there, something about it was odd for me.

Watched it last night, is was ok. I have no reference from the comics, agree was well shot, but the story was meh and has some weird moments, and pacing. No real payoffs either, so it lacked some impact. Main character didn't really come into their own, I found the the girl doing sign language more interesting. Also strange having 2 members from Game of Thrones there, something about it was odd for me.
I read the original comics, a lifetime ago. They had a pretty short run and then the characters ended up just being used as spice in other titles, like Thor. Their origins were not as they depicted in the movie, to fit the story they created. They were originally proto-humans, a million+ years back, who the Celestials force-evolved and gave powers to.

Because of the powers that the Eternals had in the movie one of my actor/voice actor/film buff friends referred to "The Eternals" as the worst Justice League movie he's seen.

Saw apocalypse now...pretty good movie...

for someone who wasnt around during the vietnam era, makes you wonder how much was fiction and how much was real

still a pretty good movie, kind of unpredictable, I feel like the weird plot might be because the scriptwriter was on acid when he dreamt it up?

Is that because they have those cool cone hats?

Kent State, don't know where Ohio came from. The Mothersbaughs and Casales met while attending school there. They were at the protest and are in some of the photographs taken of it.

"When the Road Ends" on Amazon Prime Video was better than I expected. I'd loosely describe it as a cross between "Long Way Round" and "The Life of Pi".

Midnight in the Switchgrass - the 8% tomatometer on RT was accurate.

This movie is so bad that it will make your head hurt. Lots of that doesn't make sense and wtf's
Yes I am nicolas cage fan.....forgive me!
1643469815235.png

Frank Grillo in the cast should have been your first red flag.

Frank Grillo is awesome as a B movie actor, same as Scott Adkins. For those that love cheesy 80's action movies like me, those two make the modern equivalent.

Back
Top Bottom