Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 175 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

"Brightburn" - An obvious twist on the Superman origin story. Be prepared for some gore. The end left me vaguely unsatisfied.

Blazing saddles

While I did kinda (but not fully) guess what was gonna happen, it had enough turn & twists to keep me engaged. I'd recommend it.

EDIT: Watched on Netflix
The "twist" was pretty heavily telegraphed through the whole movie but it wasn't a badly done script, and the acting carried it well.

Tom Clancy's Without Remorse - Michael B Jordan in a Tom Clancy movie, what could go wrong? It's essentially two hours of nothingness. No plot, minimal action, zero good dialogue, just an empty shell of a movie.
I'm barely 30 minutes in and want shut it off but it seems to have kept my wife's interest.

Army Of The Dead - I am generally not a fan of zombie movies or Zach Snyder, but it's surprisingly watchable and entertaining.

"MiB - International" - Incredibly formulaic and the "twist" was practically revealed in 129 point type, in every scene. Still a fun movie.

Army Of The Dead - I am generally not a fan of zombie movies or Zach Snyder, but it's surprisingly watchable and entertaining.

Fun Fact the Tig Notaro character was digitally inserted in post to replace Chris D'elia.

Wrath of Man - Directed by Guy Ritchie, starring Jason Statham. Should be a home run but is far from it. Very little dialogue, good or bad. Minimal action. Some parts that just don't make any sense, to me at least, and I can't be bothered to google if it's an actual plot hole or I missed something.

"Abigail" - I was really looking forward to a Steampunk fantasy movie, with Eddie marsan in it, and was disappointed. Let me explain. The movie is a Russian production and 99.9% of the cast is Russian. For some reason they decided to ADR (Automated Dialogue Replacement)
EVERYONE so that they eliminated their native accents. This created an odd disconnect between the actors' emotions and the dialogue. It also turned things, that might have been just written off as a non English speaker's quirk, into very strange turns of phrase that can't be ignored.

King Kong vs Godzilla - Well the storyline wasn't what I thought it would be going into it but I neither loved or hated it. I've enjoyed previous Godzilla movies more as well as the last Kong movies.

saw roman J israel, pretty good movie

I like Bryan Cranston in more or less anything so The Upside (Netflix) was on my radar. I was hesitant as I really really like the French original film of this story, The Intouchables, that stars Lupin actor (another great series!) Omar Sy. Incidentally that French film is apparently the most financially successful of all time (for a French film) and is a must see.

Anyway, because of Cranston and Kevin Hart the film is very good. Really touching in places. It’s about a quadriplegic (Cranston) and his ex-con carer (Hart). The story works, each learns from the other. Nicole Kidman is also in this too so there’s a big range of established names.

Definitely worth a watch!

Back
Top Bottom