Re: The best roads/routes in Ontario/Quebec/U.S. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Re: The best roads/routes in Ontario/Quebec/U.S.

I would suggest you also check out these roads, which include the 520, Ahmic Lake Rd, the Bunny Trail, McDougall & Hurdville Roads.: Burk's Falls to Orrville

Also on the east side of Huntsville are a bunch of really fun roads: Huntsville to 144 ON-60

And if you are good to venture as far away as Haliburton, then between Huntsville and Haliburton are a bunch of great roads, a couple of which are out 'n backs, because they either turn into gravel or become a dead end: Huntsville to Haliburton

You're the man, thanks so much. I wish I had any directional sense.

For anyone still following this thread... what's your opinion on the Kawartha Lakes loop (all the good roads west and south of Bancroft) vs the Barry's Bay loop thats both posted on here? I'm more familiar with Elephant lake rd and 118 all the way out to Bracebridge.... will I get more challenging roads up in Barrys Bay or am I better off staying in the Bancroft area and playing around there?

For anyone still following this thread... what's your opinion on the Kawartha Lakes loop (all the good roads west and south of Bancroft) vs the Barry's Bay loop thats both posted on here? I'm more familiar with Elephant lake rd and 118 all the way out to Bracebridge.... will I get more challenging roads up in Barrys Bay or am I better off staying in the Bancroft area and playing around there?
I'd personally do Barry's Bay because it puts you in the middle of Bancroft and Calabogie, so you're options become much greater.

For Technical roads, I think it's a bit better in the Kawartha Lakes loop, but totally agree that by exploring the Barry's Bay roads, you can hit up the Kawartha's on your way to and from to get the best of both worlds. You might not hit all the roads in each, but can do the best of each.

Peterborough north route: Here's a route including all the roads north of Peterborough with a run around Haliburton Lake Rd and Harburn Rd, because they are so awesome. This route can be done in around 10 hours from the GTA.

Barry's Bay area route: this is a shorter route including all the Barry's Bay roads mentioned above. There are many other smaller back roads in this area worth exploring, and/or you can take this route and link it up with some of the roads south of Algonquin Park (above) or south of Calabogie (below)

My vote is for Barry’s Bay. Just did that a month ago and it can be a blast to run around the area. Lots of good roads, not a lot of traffic during the week…and even weekends aren’t too bad.

Highly highly recommend.

Thanks Shane. This is an amazing resource.

I DID miss that! thank you!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom