Orange Theory Fitness - A must try! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Orange Theory Fitness - A must try!

LiNK666

Hey guys, I know a lot of us try to get back into shape, but it's really hard because of schedules, life and to stay motivated. I have been out of shape for 3 to 5 years. Always eating out and never exercising except for dog walks.

I tried this new gym that opened up near my place. It's an interval training gym. Staff and owners are super friendly. It's located at Leslie and Elgin Mills Road E. in Richmond Hill.

Just had a first trial session there. It was great! They have you put on a heart monitor which tracks how you are doing. It's all colour coded and shows up on a TV hanging on the wall. Blue is inactive (I think), Green is fat burning zone, orange is another fat burning zone for post work out and red is the best zone to be in. I should have listened more attentively.

You work out in a group of 10 where half are on tread mill and the other half are doing resistance exercises with two personal trainers coaching you. I loved it! They really keep you motivated and going just like a buddy would. It's perfect for nobbies like me who don't have a lot of time to research different workouts or be very active in it. The amount of information out there is overwhelming.

It's pricier than your average gym, but this is more structured and has a better flow through. I've joined them all good life, any time fitness etc... but barely go. Over here you book an appointment for an hour. Go in and get guided through your work out.

It's simple, friendly and challenging. I pushed myself way too hard even when they told me to take it down a notch. Ended up throwing up 45 min in lol. Felt great though. I'm going back in on monday to start again.

You get a detailed report of your workout after. Burned 606 calories, ave heart rate 144 max heart rate 234 etc...

Definitely worth to check it out those who are struggling to get started. All you have to do is show up and the rest of it is easy! It's very different from a traditional gym which worried me, but traditional gyms haven't worked for me.

FYI - I have no affiliation with the gym or any of their staff or owners etc...

Last edited:
I am a sausage and approve this ad.

LOL. Not trying to make it a ad. Just thought it would help fellow members who are always posting about gym work outs and routines. I struggled in the same way as some of them...

It felt great to do a solid workout in a consistent manner after so many years.

/end thread

Sounds like a great gym! How much is it?

i wanted a no frills gym that I can go to quick in and out after a long hiatus....think 5 years or so....was just going to sign up for Xtreme Couture as its nearby but a month ago they opened a 'Fit4Less' gym nearby. $10/month and I couldn't be happier. Don't need the classes just weights, machines, and cardio.

I think it's like $70 or something a month for 3-4 sessions a week or something like that. I paid the discounted introductory rate ... they might still have it dunno. I tried the no frills gym but I could never get a consistent workout unless if I was with a buddy and we kept each other on track. With this gym you can't just go in and work out. It's pure classes that you book in and work with a personal trainer.

Sounds like a great gym! How much is it?

i wanted a no frills gym that I can go to quick in and out after a long hiatus....think 5 years or so....was just going to sign up for Xtreme Couture as its nearby but a month ago they opened a 'Fit4Less' gym nearby. $10/month and I couldn't be happier. Don't need the classes just weights, machines, and cardio.

I think it's like $70 or something a month for 3-4 sessions a week or something like that. I paid the discounted introductory rate ... they might still have it dunno. I tried the no frills gym but I could never get a consistent workout unless if I was with a buddy and we kept each other on track. With this gym you can't just go in and work out. It's pure classes that you book in and work with a personal trainer.

decent price for what you get. Too far for me but might be something like that in the west end.

I've got a chin up bar on the door to my kitchen. My rule is I can't take another beer unless I do another set of chin ups.

On some nights I might end up doing 8 or more sets. Sure, it does nothing for my beer gut, but I'm definitely building good strength.

I've got a chin up bar on the door to my kitchen. My rule is I can't take another beer unless I do another set of chin ups.

On some nights I might end up doing 8 or more sets. Sure, it does nothing for my beer gut, but I'm definitely building good strength.

now thats dedication to beer! I justify beer if I workout that day. I know it kills any exercise benefit but it's delicious!

If you just suspend your body using your arms, then lift your legs up, keeping them locked, you can work out your lower abs.

You can work out almost your entire body using just barbells, dumbbells & a chinup bar

This is why crosssfit got so big so fast. Some people enjoy the group environment where a bunch of people workout together, motivate each other, etc. Personally I am a lone wolf and like doing things my way on my own schedule but whatever motivates you to hit the gym is a good thing. If they could take the group concept of crossfit and apply it to a more structured program that focuses more on technique then it would be a killer program for sure.

For the record, if I did the heart rate monitor thing during my workouts I'd probably be barely above resting on average since I lift hard for short burts, then take long rests, etc. but I don't workout for weight loss.

This is why crosssfit got so big so fast. Some people enjoy the group environment where a bunch of people workout together, motivate each other, etc. Personally I am a lone wolf and like doing things my way on my own schedule but whatever motivates you to hit the gym is a good thing. If they could take the group concept of crossfit and apply it to a more structured program that focuses more on technique then it would be a killer program for sure.

For the record, if I did the heart rate monitor thing during my workouts I'd probably be barely above resting on average since I lift hard for short burts, then take long rests, etc. but I don't workout for weight loss.
Crossfit has the highest amount of injury rate in any sport. I read that somewhere. I'm not surprised because all the trainers do is push you, the don't believe in gradually stressing the body. The also do not focus on techniques. If you YouTube crossfit fails you'll cringe.

I have a watch that also serves as a heart rate monitor. My resting rate is 60 & when lifting it just goes to 80. On a jog, my rate can hit 120 or higher. One thing for sure, explosive exercise kills your techniques for endurance exercise

Sounds like "CURVES", for guys.

Gonna bump this thread as I am going for a trial class this weekend.

Have to give up road running for now. Tendons pretty much permanently ****** off. I will do the power walk on treadmill until I can get this under control

Pretty sure I will like it let's face it if I could do it alone at a gym I would. I like the idea of having a coach.

OP - Did you stick with it?
Anyone else?

Trials class is a great idea.

In my younger days I loved the gym. Get off work, go to the gym for an hour to burn off my hour lunches.

Today... not so much. I tried Goodlife, got tired of the 'Professional Trainers' trolling like couch salesman at the Brick. Tried the fitness center at my local town -- better but seemed so lifeless. Bought a couple of pieces of gear for the basement, it's amazing how cheap used equipment is -- I found a barely used treadmill and bike for $150 each (new the pair was $4K). So far it's great -- I can get to 'the gym' in 15 seconds, the showers are clean, I pick the shows on the big screen, and the showers are clean. Is it the most complete workout possible? No, and there's no trainer -- but I breaks a sweat and makes me feel better.

Trials class sounded like a better idea.

Romper Room
so yeah...I can go there

Orange Fitness..lol
reminds me of someone south of here

that is less mentally fit than his physical grotesqueness

Back
Top Bottom