Orange Theory Fitness - A must try! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Orange Theory Fitness - A must try!

The one in my area is well run. The staff is frequently enough rotating the premises, making sure the weights are put away, there is enough paper towel and cleaning solution at all the stations.

I see cleaners there several times a week dusting the equipment, mopping the floors, emptying the garbage cans.

And I see the repair man on occasion fixing and tweaking equipment. Replacing the worn out pads on the weight bench, tweaking the tread mills. I've noticed when "out of order" signs are on equipment, its never there for long.

I can see how other locations might differ (poor management) If these guys keep my location running as well as it is, I'll be a customer for life.

Interesting, sounds like there is a lot of difference in locations.

Do they have squat racks, dumbbells beyond 75 pounds, and water fountains? I'm told that they typically don't have these things, which is...subpar.

@meme two of my cousins frequent OTF in Vaughan and a buddy goes to one in Richmond Hill (I think) they all have been there at least 2 years, love it and keep trying to get me to join.
For some reason, everyone but my wife is worried about my health......maybe because she's my life insurance benefitiary??

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Interesting, sounds like there is a lot of difference in locations.

Do they have squat racks, dumbbells beyond 75 pounds, and water fountains? I'm told that they typically don't have these things, which is...subpar.

Squat racks yes. 75lbs max. BYO water

IT'S a bargain gym after all

P.s if you need more than 75lbs dumbbells then you belong to a body builder gym. Not a fitness center. I've seen the muscleheads stack the weights crosswise to get more than 75. Their muscles are bigger than their brain's

Loved my time at Fit4Less. The one at Queensway and Kipling was super clean and I’ve never had issues. Sure it gets busy at times so I just went in the mornings before work and no issue.
You always have the idiots and asshats who think they’re the **** but that’s anywhere you go.

Chin bar, skipping rope and tunes.
Tons of pushups, burpees, mountain climbers,planks, ........you get the point. HIIT
Have to admit wife got me a heart rate calorie watch and it is sort of cool to see. But at 62 , I know when I am working and when I am slacking.
Spend gym money on beer and bike.

Chin bar, skipping rope and tunes.
Tons of pushups, burpees, mountain climbers,planks, ........you get the point. HIIT
Have to admit wife got me a heart rate calorie watch and it is sort of cool to see. But at 62 , I know when I am working and when I am slacking.
Spend gym money on beer and bike.

add in weight/strength training and you are golden. don't underestimate the importance of weight training.

on top of all that, I like doing my 5k runs too. just love running.....

lol I think I figured out why you guys love the gym, pretty girls and air conditioning.

lol I think I figured out why you guys love the gym, pretty girls and air conditioning.
Not at fit4less. That will be like going to a nude beach hoping for some nice scenery. You need to go to the super expensive, super wanker gyms where everyone goes to get looked at and they dont really work out as sweat isnt pretty.

Squat racks yes. 75lbs max. BYO water

IT'S a bargain gym after all

P.s if you need more than 75lbs dumbbells then you belong to a body builder gym. Not a fitness center. I've seen the muscleheads stack the weights crosswise to get more than 75. Their muscles are bigger than their brain's

I guess I am big now, because I use >75s for a bunch of things. Doing some crosswise thing (if I'm thinking correctly) sounds like a recipe for a dumbbell in the face.

I go to Movati, and tried some LA FItness locations (they were a bit too busy, but well equipped, generally). The Movati has about 10 squat racks and multiple variations of pretty much all machines, so it's handy if you don't like a specific machine. The one leg press I like for targeting quads, and the other for hams, for instance. The plates at the squat racks/deadlift area are also meant to be dropped, so you don't have to worry about breaking plates and/or the floor (you shouldn't really be setting down the bar gently when doing heavy deadlifts, just before anyone wants to chime in about how dropping weights makes you a dick). The membership isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for, just like most other things in life, and my health and fitness is important to me, so I'm okay with spending a bit more money on my hobby.

For most people, whatever gym is closest to them and they'll actually show up to on a regular basis is best though. Some people like CrossFit (or similar classes), and that's cool, even if it is a bit sketchy, or even a basic gym is good for some people if they just want to walk on the treadmill a bit.

@meme two of my cousins frequent OTF in Vaughan and a buddy goes to one in Richmond Hill (I think) they all have been there at least 2 years, love it and keep trying to get me to join.
For some reason, everyone but my wife is worried about my health......maybe because she's my life insurance benefitiary??

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

It was certainly worth the try as I loved it! I'm gonna hurt some tomorrow but what a great workout for me.

I joined. I need something through the winter that doesn't involve shoe leather express through the snow.

And Holy **** I need a rower! Why has no one told me about this machine before? Arseholios keeping all the good stuff to yourself!

It was certainly worth the try as I loved it! I'm gonna hurt some tomorrow but what a great workout for me.

I joined. I need something through the winter that doesn't involve shoe leather express through the snow.

And Holy **** I need a rower! Why has no one told me about this machine before? Arseholios keeping all the good stuff to yourself!
I ADORE the rower. When i started getting back in shape i'd alternate between the spin bike and the rower...

It's probably the only reason i'd like OTF as i prefer running outside. I already train with heart rate so it's not uncommon ground for me!

Maybe i'll give it a try for ***** and giggles

Honestly guys, just watch One Punch Man and literally do Saitama's workout, then run Tough Mudder once a year as a test.

The OPM workout will wreck the vast majority (10KM, 100 push ups/sit ups/squats), especially if done straight without breaks.

And for those of you lack motivation but want to get into shape: slam yourself into the ground. I used to be an obese **** 16 years ago. The girl who took my virginity left me literally telling me I was a fat **** lol

Now on days when I feel lazy, I look at myself in the mirror and vividly imagine the fat version of me, how disgusting I felt, and boom I'm motivated. I don't get how some of you want to be a part of a group to workout....when I'm trying to lift heavy I don't want to talk to anyone; I want to legit hone in on channeling murderous rage, self-hatred, and whatever other toxic emotions I can tap into to fuel my willpower, and therefore the actual lift/sprint/whatever.

^ Depending on a person's fitness goals and body type, that may be wayyyyy too much cardio.

I don't mind rowers for a short period of time, but for longer cardio sessions, I prefer something with my hands free so I can browse the internet or something. I'm always afraid of falling off the stairmaster :ROFLMAO:.

^ Depending on a person's fitness goals and body type, that may be wayyyyy too much cardio.

I don't mind rowers for a short period of time, but for longer cardio sessions, I prefer something with my hands free so I can browse the internet or something. I'm always afraid of falling off the stairmaster :ROFLMAO:.

If they're in this thread and not giving advice, chances are their goal is "I want to lose weight" or "I want to feel better"; do the OPM workout then. Pretty huge chance they will utterly fail to even pull OPM @ 25%. This is a great reality check for just how weak/out of shape some are; use that realization to fuel some self hatred and hit 100% (will take time; if someone looks like they ate Santa Clause they'll take far longer than one that doesn't.) By the time they hit 100%, they'll be well equipped through all their failures and possibly injuries to actually program their own workouts.

Honestly guys, just watch One Punch Man and literally do Saitama's workout, then run Tough Mudder once a year as a test.

The OPM workout will wreck the vast majority (10KM, 100 push ups/sit ups/squats), especially if done straight without breaks.

And for those of you lack motivation but want to get into shape: slam yourself into the ground. I used to be an obese **** 16 years ago. The girl who took my virginity left me literally telling me I was a fat **** lol

Now on days when I feel lazy, I look at myself in the mirror and vividly imagine the fat version of me, how disgusting I felt, and boom I'm motivated. I don't get how some of you want to be a part of a group to workout....when I'm trying to lift heavy I don't want to talk to anyone; I want to legit hone in on channeling murderous rage, self-hatred, and whatever other toxic emotions I can tap into to fuel my willpower, and therefore the actual lift/sprint/whatever.
Different strokes for different folks?!

I mainly like working out by myself. But i know a lot of people who get the motivation to keep pushing harder through other people...and definitely, if you are competitive just a tiny bit, you'll push yourself harder. That's why i couldn't do crossfit (i didn't even like it in the first place...but i'd overdo it and injure myself)

The trick with working out is to make a habit out of it. If you're not good at building habits, you gotta find a way to keep that motivation going and it comes in many forms. For you it might be not going back to what you used to be...but some people don't care as much about that..or didn't affect them that much. So that wouldn't drive them. The one anime that did push me was The Fighting Spirit (hajime no ippo)...when i used to go to a boxing gym... Got in one of the best shapes of my life back then. But i couldn't care less about it now.

I'm going to go with the idea it takes 21 days to make a habit. So I figure that's 21 workouts.

If I could still run on the road I would but a lifetime of being clumsy and uncoordinated have given me some good breaks and hardware.

I really enjoyed it. In the end I think it's whatever works for you and what you can do

Hey where can I sign up for Trials classes? The bike, not the dude.
Trailtours at the Ganaraska forest offers enduro bikes, dual sports and trials bike lessons and rides.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Trailtours at the Ganaraska forest offers enduro bikes, dual sports and trials bike lessons and rides.
Do you know who the instructor is?

Is that perhaps a Steve Mumford class (y) great rider, if you can follow Steve you are doing good.

Back
Top Bottom