Orange Theory Fitness - A must try! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Orange Theory Fitness - A must try!

Orange... I get it. Are sashes required? What is my wife is a Dogan?

Wow threat revival....I ended up buying a home gym and found that on Kijiji there were some users buying up everything and pumping up the price considerably. It ended up being cheaper/equal to buy a half squat rack and the weights I bought used....great investment.
Now at my FIFO gig there's a gym, and being night shift it's awesome as it's totally empty except for me during the day. Day shift I just go at 3am as it's stupid busy in the evening...and I can't go to the gym after dinner.
Now looking for a bike / elliptical or treadmill as we have a nice room in the new house that'll serve as the gym.

We had one of those big multi-function weight machines :I it went for scrap metal because nobody even wanted it for free. There aren't many auctions around like there used to be but if you see any exercise equipment listed for sale in an auction go to it, you will probably be the only person bidding.

We had one of those big multi-function weight machines :I it went for scrap metal because nobody even wanted it for free. There aren't many auctions around like there used to be but if you see any exercise equipment listed for sale in an auction go to it, you will probably be the only person bidding.
Yup. That's how I got my stuff. If you think there are a lot of garage queens in motorcycles -- wait till you see gym gear.

I'm disappointed, I thought this might be a KTM thread.

I'm disappointed, I thought this might be a KTM thread.
Could be, except those princesses don't sell for 10 cents on the dollar.

Could be, except those princesses don't sell for 10 cents on the dollar.
You need to find a KTM that has been lengthened, that one will sell for 10 cents on the dollar.
s1200_image.jpg

I used to go to a "boot camp" style gym which was really great and expensive. Sadly, The guy ended up shutting down, so I was left on my own.
The training and teaching I got there was invaluable as I would later discover.

Thought about the home gym thing, but here is the reality, When I added up the cost of QUALITY gym equipment (not the Canadian Tire weider crap) I'd be over $10g.

Enter Fit4Less, 10 bucks a month all you can eat. HIGH quality gym equipment. and all kinds. I took all the lessons I learned from the Boot camp classes, and applied it to my gym. No trainer needed.

10 bucks a month x 12 months, is $120 per year. in 10 years, that's $1200. A far better bargain than the 10g a home gym would cost me, and a WIDE selection of equipment at Fit4Less instead of a few limited pieces I'd have at my home.

Last edited:
... QUALITY gym equipment ...
Mine is made by Montesa (y) just under 10g, perfect for full body exercise.
That and I have an 8 pound splitting axe that I wear the handles off every few years :|

OK kids settle down

1) if I liked the gym enough I would go. However I don't like gyms/their occupants and need to be pushed to attend solo. By signing up for individual classes and being accountable I "hope" this will make me more social. My social efforts thus far is being a runner and most of the time with my dogs.

2) it's not a money/value thing. It's an attendance thing. I could have all the equipment in my home, but I know I prob wouldn't use it,
I know for me "getting the beans out" meant going for a run. I am hoping I can equate this to."going to a class". AKA out of the house, away from it all

I'm asking if anyone has started OT and kept with it.

I'm surprised people have had good experiences with Fit4Less. Everyone I've talked to who has gone to them hasn't had anything good to say; equipment is generally broken, limited selection, very busy, extremely limited/non-existent amenities (if you count change rooms or water fountains as such...).

I have heard good things about Orange Theory, though it is expensive. Most of the small class-based things like it are expensive though, like CrossFit, other "Cross-Training" group class gyms, or Yoga studios. I haven't tried it personally since I don't like classes or doing a bunch of cardio stuff. The other half is planning to try it out when they open the Milton location.

I would never be able to do the home gym thing, as I'd end up with poor results, I need to leave the house to get into the correct mindset. I work from home as well, so I use it as a good opportunity to get out of the house. I also would never be able to afford the amount of equipment I'd want to get a quality range of exercises, both in equipment itself and space to put that equipment.

I'm surprised people have had good experiences with Fit4Less. Everyone I've talked to who has gone to them hasn't had anything good to say; equipment is generally broken, limited selection, very busy, extremely limited/non-existent amenities (if you count change rooms or water fountains as such...).
A friend raves about fit4less. Normally he works out in london, but when visiting, he went to the one near us and said it was good as well. Obviously none of the hand-holding of the full-featured (and priced) gyms, but he likes that. It has the equipment and weights that he wants with no drama or distractions.

Hey where can I sign up for Trials classes? The bike, not the dude.

And I have a spare bike if you want to help me put it together, another guy was suppose to ride it this year but he couldn't get motivated enough lol

Ummm sure but you've not seen my trackbike.

Zip ties, duct tape and hopeful wishes hold that beastie together! Not sure you want me working on anything but I'd give it some effort. Stupid like that, helped one buddy midnight move last week and another put down sod. Strong back, weak mind!

Ummm sure but you've not seen my trackbike.

Zip ties, duct tape and hopeful wishes hold that beastie together! Not sure you want me working on anything but I'd give it some effort. Stupid like that, helped one buddy midnight move last week and another put down sod. Strong back, weak mind!
It's a trials bike. They get dropped even more than dirtbikes. Normally with no speed so they survive.

Thinking about putting it together before the next trial anyway, been busy working on my primary bike
+ building decks, tearing down a cottage, building rock gardens, cutting winter firewood, riding bikes, clearing sections... all the usual stuff.

Bugs are almost gone, it's great riding season again.

I'm surprised people have had good experiences with Fit4Less. Everyone I've talked to who has gone to them hasn't had anything good to say;

The one in my area is well run. The staff is frequently enough rotating the premises, making sure the weights are put away, there is enough paper towel and cleaning solution at all the stations.

I see cleaners there several times a week dusting the equipment, mopping the floors, emptying the garbage cans.

And I see the repair man on occasion fixing and tweaking equipment. Replacing the worn out pads on the weight bench, tweaking the tread mills. I've noticed when "out of order" signs are on equipment, its never there for long.

I can see how other locations might differ (poor management) If these guys keep my location running as well as it is, I'll be a customer for life.

Back
Top Bottom