Laid-off? GTAM Members looking-out.....??? | Page 29 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Laid-off? GTAM Members looking-out.....???

I may have an opportunity for someone whose either a licensed mechanic (car/bike) or at least capable on wrenching on motorcycles to the extent of general upkeep.

-Monday to Friday gig (some potential weekend work)
-Be willing to drive across GTA (and outside) to wrench and/or deliver motorcycles.
-Tools and shop provided, vehicle provided

More details please PM me.

Motorcycle Technician (Licensed, full-time)​

Clarington Honda Auto Powerhouse, a high volume motorcycle dealership in the Durham Region that offers a complete line of Honda Power Equipment, is looking for a full-time Licensed Motorcycle Technician. In this role, you will be responsible for the complete maintenance needs of our clients’ motorcycles, ATVs, and power equipment. Our fast-paced service department will rely on your ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines. Consistently meeting these goals will ensure your continued success in this position. Our mandate to perform at high levels is directly related to our talented team of professionals and we’re looking for more great people to join our team.

Duties include:

• Following directions on work orders as listed by the Service Advisor
  • Documenting repair findings on work orders in a clear, concise, and complete manner, and providing all information as required for customer and warranty repairs
  • Completing all training courses within 30 days of their release from the manufacturer
  • Communicating effectively with co-workers to ensure customers are kept up to date with repairs progress
  • Maintaining work areas to the highest standards expected by the Dealership
  • Ensuring that your complete attention is given to each task undertaken and that you participate fully in the safety of the repair facilities at all times
  • Maintenance of all certifications, including College of Trades and WHMIS

We are looking for someone:

• With an outstanding positive, team-player attitude and a strong work ethic
  • Effective time management skills and the ability to work independently
  • Highly organized and attentive to detail
  • Desiring to achieve complete customer satisfaction
  • With a valid G and M license
  • Possessing basic computer skills

What we offer:

• A state-of-the-art repair facility with all of the necessary equipment to ensure work can be completed efficiently and in a timely fashion
  • Competitive wages and ongoing technical training with learning opportunities
  • A year-round clean, pleasant working environment with competitive comprehensive healthcare benefits

Required experience: Fully licensed motorcycle technician in good standing

If you meet these requirements for this position, please fill out the fom below or send an email with your resume to careers@claringtonhonda.com for immediate consideration.

Markham outdoor power is looking for licensed motorcycle technicians and service advisors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221211-101811_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221211-101811_Facebook.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20221211-101817_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221211-101817_Facebook.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20221211-101821_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221211-101821_Facebook.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 32
Hey all... My son is wanting to become a Red Seal Welder.. He has taken and passed Humber College Welder Certificate program, and also took a 10 week Intro to Welding at Local 46(Local 46 only host the training, nothing related to being in the union)... He is registered with the Ministry of Trades for a Welder apprentice.

Wondering if anyone has any lead to any companies that are in the market for 1st Year Welder apprentices in the York Region or GTA..

Thanks everyone!

Hey all... My son is wanting to become a Red Seal Welder.. He has taken and passed Humber College Welder Certificate program, and also took a 10 week Intro to Welding at Local 46(Local 46 only host the training, nothing related to being in the union)... He is registered with the Ministry of Trades for a Welder apprentice.

Wondering if anyone has any lead to any companies that are in the market for 1st Year Welder apprentices in the York Region or GTA..

Thanks everyone!
See if Toromont will take him, they are always hiring for welders and mechanics.

They are the kind of company that takes apprentices and grow them.

Thanks everyone!
Try the local union halls. TONS of work in the GTA right now with big projects and there's going to be a scramble for good people.

Union halls will find your son a gig, and if he's good and reliable...there will be zero shortage of work for him.

Try the local union halls. TONS of work in the GTA right now with big projects and there's going to be a scramble for good people.

Union halls will find your son a gig, and if he's good and reliable...there will be zero shortage of work for him.
We have been looking , any suggestion(s) on specific unions that take in 465A Welding apprentices ?
Thanks

Last edited:
We have been looking , any suggestion(s) on specific unions that take in 465A Welding apprentices ?
Thanks
I can ask around. LIUNA185 is the one that has the largest contract for manpower in province as I understand it. Not sure if they utilize the welders specifically but I’ve seen a lot of welders on our sites.

Thanks everyone!
Is he looking to go into pipe or structural?

Thanks
What specifically is he after? SMS is always looking for apprenticeships. It’s a fly in fly out to fort Mac. Working 14 days 12 hrs and fly home for 14

Did 46 say they wouldn't sign him up? From what you described he seems like the perfect candidate. In my local(527)a person just needs to bring in a resume and write the aptitude test to become a member.

Did 46 say they wouldn't sign him up? From what you described he seems like the perfect candidate. In my local(527)a person just needs to bring in a resume and write the aptitude test to become a member.
He emailed them and ask if 46 supports the Welder 456A for an apprenticeship like they do for plumbing and steamfitters.. THey never gave him an answer..

Back
Top Bottom