Justin Trudeau – What's with the f**king mustache | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Justin Trudeau – What's with the f**king mustache

I don't recall what scandals Harper had

- Hush money scandal. Senator Mike Duffy ring a bell?

- F35 scandal. Harper was actually found in contempt of parliament over that one for refusing to share info as the law required - happened several times over his tenure.

- Killed the long form census.

- Repeated use of Omnibus bills to make run arounds Parliament.

- Muzzling people in his own party as well as scientists. A system was put in place where everyone had to run things through him first before it was potentially approved for public release. Things that were not friendly to the party or to their outlook or mantra were not approved and people who talked anyways were punished.

- Retroactively enacted laws to protect the RCMP. Another Omnibus special on that one.

- The advertising scam where public money was used in a thinly veiled "advertising program" that was in short only designed to advertise the PC party. Remember those "Economic Action Plan" posters everywhere? Pierre Poilievre ring a bell? Remember the Gazebo?

- Prorogued parliament. Twice. Once was to escape the Afghan detainee issue which the UN lambasted Canada over.

- Remember when our government was rebranded "The Harper Government"? And the PC logo was put on Government cheques as defacto advertising? Remember when they denied it until internal documents were leaked confirming it was directed?

- Remember when public posts were stacked with patronage appointments of people who were loyal to Harper?

- Remember when Harper tried to ban journalists who he didn't like?

- Remember when he tried to ban media coverage of fallen soldiers returning home? And refused to fly the flag half staff to respect them?

I could keep going and going and going.

People forget so fast.

- F35 scandal. Harper was actually found in contempt of parliament over that one for refusing to share info as the law required - happened several times over his tenure.

- Muzzling people in his own party as well as scientists. A system was put in place where everyone had to run things through him first before it was potentially approved for public release. Things that were not friendly to the party or to their outlook or mantra were not approved and people who talked anyways were punished.

- Retroactively enacted laws to protect the RCMP. Another Omnibus special on that one.

- The advertising scam where public money was used in a thinly veiled "advertising program" that was in short only designed to advertise the PC party. Remember those "Economic Action Plan" posters everywhere? Pierre Poilievre ring a bell? Remember the Gazebo?

- Prorogued parliament. Twice. Once was to escape the Afghan detainee issue which the UN lambasted Canada over.

- Remember when our government was rebranded "The Harper Government"? And the PC logo was put on Government cheques as defacto advertising? Remember when they denied it until internal documents were leaked confirming it was directed?

- Remember when public posts were stacked with patronage appointments of people who were loyal to Harper?

- Remember when he tried to ban media coverage of fallen soldiers returning home? And refused to fly the flag half staff to respect them?

I could keep going and going and going.

People forget so fast.
Wasn't Mike found not guilty ?

F35 don't recall that one . But I recall the F18 bought from Australia many still not flying .

Muzzling scientists that a good liberal spin .

Don't recall the RCMP thing . Do you have a link ? Or this another one I have to find ?

Ya both parties do logo and color crap is this really a scandal ?

Prorogued parliament is this really a scandal JT just did it no one cared .

Both parties do logo and color advertising . This is nothing new .

Both parties do patronage appointment nothing new .

You mean like JT getting Rebel news removed from the press gallery . Then a reporter physically removed from a press conference .

Don't recall the soldier returning home scandal. Link ?

I could go on and on about Liberal scandals

Just like people will forget JTs scandals . As the media buries them . If they like their pay . They will keep protecting him .

What about the subs they bought from the UK

I'm not going to spoon feed links to each and every story. Google is your friend.

Yeah, the current government has had their own scandals. Never denied that, so comparing what I wrote to current day is pointless to my points at hand.

I'm not a big JT fan either, as I've said many times. Never voted for him both times. Don't let politics get in the way of your willingness to accept facts and reality however. Fact remains many people who decry JT's current tenure have conveniently forgot the past.

Screaming about JT proroguing parliament to escape scandal as if it's some new tactic no government in the past had ever done before is pretty rich in the face of facts.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

The reason to scream is that he made it a campaign promise not to do it. Remember these words?

I don't disagree. You personally likely remember Harper doing it because you seem well versed in politics - my comments weren't directed at you despite how they may have come across.

The fact he didn't make it an election promise to not do so doesn't change the fact he did it as well, however.

My point was that many people who are decrying JT's usage of prorogation seem to think it's never been done before in the context of "making a scandal go away".

When you inform them that their party of choice had a leader in it's past who did exactly that several time.... many are surprised to learn that.

I don't disagree. You personally likely remember Harper doing it because you seem well versed in politics - my comments weren't directed at you despite how they may have come across.

The fact he didn't make it an election promise to not do so doesn't change the fact he did it as well, however.

My point was that many people who are decrying JT's usage of prorogation seem to think it's never been done before in the context of "making a scandal go away".

When you inform them that their party of choice had a leader in it's past who did exactly that several time.... many are surprised to learn that.
I hate them all for doing that. I don't care what party they were part of. I would love if proroguing parliament came with a poison pill where you are disqualified from running for reelection. I think we would see it used much less often if it had real consequences. As currently implemented it is a great tool for squashing scandals with minimal downside.

fair.

and yeah Harper was no saint.

I'm not going to spoon feed links to each and every story. Google is your friend.

Yeah, the current government has had their own scandals. Never denied that, so comparing what I wrote to current day is pointless to my points at hand.

I'm not a big JT fan either, as I've said many times. Never voted for him both times. Don't let politics get in the way of your willingness to accept facts and reality however. Fact remains many people who decry JT's current tenure have conveniently forgot the past.

Screaming about JT proroguing parliament to escape scandal as if it's some new tactic no government in the past had ever done before is pretty rich in the face of facts.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
I love it when people post " facts " them can't back them up .

See in a debate when called out you need to back up your facts .

Keep up the good work .

You really want me to spoon feed you links to every one of the things I posted?

They're all facts. I go out of my way to make sure I don't post hearsay and rumours here because I'm a big fan of facts, not "I read it on Facebook/Twitter/The Daily Stormer/Some mommy blog/it came straight out of my butt".

But if you'd like me to post links to each and every Google result for some simple search terms, I'll humour you. Say the word.

thats pretty universal with all governments regardless of political affiliation
everytime there's a crisis, the government/state/police etc just ends up getting and consolidating more power(see 9/11 and the patriot act, mass surveillance, etc etc etc )
Quick and spend action happens in a crisis. What Trudeau has done is epic in terms of secrecy, lack of accountability & oversight.

Quick and spend action happens in a crisis. What Trudeau has done is epic in terms of secrecy, lack of accountability & oversight.

like what?

You really want me to spoon feed you links to every one of the things I posted?

They're all facts. I go out of my way to make sure I don't post hearsay and rumours here because I'm a big fan of facts, not "I read it on Facebook/Twitter/The Daily Stormer/Some mommy blog/it came straight out of my butt".

But if you'd like me to post links to each and every Google result for some simple search terms, I'll humour you. Say the word.
Word .

See in a debate when called out you need to back up your facts .

Keep up the good work .
That's actually not how debates work. When I say the world is round you don't get to say prove it. Just because you cannot remember things that he mentioned....it is your job to look them up. If he says something fantastical....feel free to request evidence...but things you aren't familiar with aren't subject to him educating you. If you can't remember Harper muzzling scientists you weren't paying attention. Either way you're just picking at the post. You don't have to disagree to still dislike Trudeau....but you look like a homer when you try to discredit everything without cause.

And my favourite (cherry picked of course)

All of your arguments seemed to be "everyone does it" then I guess that's the last time you'll complain about it when JT does it correct?

That's actually not how debates work. When I say the world is round you don't get to say prove it. Just because you cannot remember things that he mentioned....it is your job to look them up. If he says something fantastical....feel free to request evidence...but things you aren't familiar with aren't subject to him educating you. If you can't remember Harper muzzling scientists you weren't paying attention. Either way you're just picking at the post. You don't have to disagree to still dislike Trudeau....but you look like a homer when you try to discredit everything without cause.

All of your arguments seemed to be "everyone does it" then I guess that's the last time you'll complain about it when JT does it correct?
CBC as a source for facts . LOL

Next you will post CNN as a source . a

It actually it is the way debates work . You need to back up your facts/claims . Not sure what world you live in .

(Bonus points on this one since it talks about JT doing the same dirty tricks. You should love this one.... if you're even bothering to read this)

Put your browser in Incognito mode to bypass the paywall.

Let me know what article you didn't actually read but dislike the source even though the facts are correct and I'll be happy to spoon feed you some alternatives.

(Bonus points on this one since it talks about JT doing the same dirty tricks. You should love this one.... if you're even bothering to read this)

Put your browser in Incognito mode to bypass the paywall.

Let me know what article you didn't actually read but dislike the source even though the facts are correct and I'll be happy to spoon feed you some alternatives.
I only asked for a few links . Sorry you wasted your time on the others . Most of the stuff you point out is Conservative party VS the Liberal party point of view . Most of it is opinion .

I only asked for a few links . Sorry you wasted your time on the others . Most of the stuff you point out is Conservative party VS the Liberal party point of view . Most of it is opinion .
like which part?

I only asked for a few links . Sorry you wasted your time on the others . Most of the stuff you point out is Conservative party VS the Liberal party point of view . Most of it is opinion

Yeah, sure. I knew you'd say that. And if I only posted 'a few links' you'd say I couldn't back up all my statements.

What parts do you feel are "opinions" versus facts? Assuming you bothered to actually click on a single link I posted? I do my homework, now do yours.

Back
Top Bottom