Justin Trudeau – What's with the f**king mustache | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Justin Trudeau – What's with the f**king mustache

Not really I have done the math we pay 1300 per month a kid they have 1 teacher per 6 kids plus support staff ( music, french admin etc.) really no money to be made for the bother, they also feed the kids.
kibble or KD?

Remember when your biggest decision in school was Homo or 2% :unsure:

My kids are going to be paying for all this ‘support’ and ‘bailouts’ that the feds are dishing out....they’re 3 and 1 years old....

Clearly the fiscally responsible thing to do would have been to leave people starving in the streets without a roof over their head.

Clearly the fiscally responsible thing to do would have been to leave people starving in the streets without a roof over their head.
Oh I know it’s necessary and I’m not saying to leave people on the street. If you lock the country down you can’t expect people to follow directions without letting them to continue have cash flow coming in.

my post was not to say it’s a bad thing to do. It’s stating a simple fact. We will be paying this for generations.

Oh I know it’s necessary and I’m not saying to leave people on the street. If you lock the country down you can’t expect people to follow directions without letting them to continue have cash flow coming in.

my post was not to say it’s a bad thing to do. It’s stating a simple fact. We will be paying this for generations.
Let's not sweep the inept handling of the money tree under the rug. This government can crow all it wants about being there for people but it;
1) tried a power grab while masquerading as having our back
2) has been pretty blasé about accountability AND transparency with our money

We will be paying this for generations.

I don't know about "Generations", but it'll take a while. But it's not automatically the doom and gloom scenario that everyone assumes, either.

Another way for Canada to decrease debt is to ‘grow its way’ out of it. Though it might sound too good to be true, history shows it is possible when recovering from a tragedy. Canada pulled its way out of WWII debt thanks to low interest rates and a booming economy. As written in The Economist, “If interest rates remain lower than nominal economic growth—ie, before adjusting for inflation—then an economy can grow its way out of debt without ever needing to run a budget surplus.”

To do this, all spending moving forward should be determined by the severity of the crisis and viewed through a lens of whether it enhances Canada’s competitiveness and productivity and enables long-term growth. If it is not, markets will be quick to give feedback, letting us know we are headed for a low-growth/high-debt payment future if we do not correct course.

Long road ahead. But as I always ask everyone when they scream about this (often based more on their political views than the actual realities of the situation - a conservative government would have realistically had to do the same thing) what THEY would have done instead....they don't seem to have an answer for that question.

I don't know about "Generations", but it'll take a while. But it's not automatically the doom and gloom scenario that everyone assumes, either.

Long road ahead. But as I always ask everyone when they scream about this (often based more on their political views than the actual realities of the situation - a conservative government would have realistically had to do the same thing) what THEY would have done instead....they don't seem to have an answer for that question.
Accountability and transparency are core principles that any politician should be happy to abide by. If you don't want a light shone on your work, it's because you know you were working in the shadows. The spending faster than we can talk was potentially justified for the first few months, the six months of feet dragging, obfuscating, proroguing and general dodging that has happened since then is completely unacceptable regardless of the party that is doing it.

My kids are going to be paying for all this ‘support’ and ‘bailouts’ that the feds are dishing out....they’re 3 and 1 years old....
You bet they’re gonna pay. When they hit 25 and start really paying taxes they will thank you for bequeathing them your social debt.

reign it in? present an actual budget?

be open about a plan to getting back on track; instead of a pat on the back a few mumbled words about "being here for Canadians" and then a sly wink?

JT doesn’t give a rats ass about any of us poor folk. He cares about the next election cycle coming up so he can say how he helped Canadians during a time of need. There should be a universal attack on COVID instead this mixed bag of provincial rules. Every province says they’re ready to vaccinate....so where are the vaccines? Where’s our supply?

as I said before I’m not smart enough to have the answers. But I’m also not naive nor stupid to know when politicians don’t give a **** further than their own nose.

JT doesn’t give a rats ass about any of us poor folk. He cares about the next election cycle coming up so he can say how he helped Canadians during a time of need. There should be a universal attack on COVID instead this mixed bag of provincial rules. Every province says they’re ready to vaccinate....so where are the vaccines? Where’s our supply?

as I said before I’m not smart enough to have the answers. But I’m also not naive nor stupid to know when politicians don’t give a **** further than their own nose.
Has a reporter had the stones to ask JT if he and his family have been vaccinated yet? That should immediately end the press conference and get their pass revoked.

My post was not to say it’s a bad thing to do. It’s stating a simple fact. We will be paying this for generations.
As I mentioned.... transfer the Carbon Tax on fuel, natural gas etc etc directly to payments for COVID social assistance measures. That will help an absolute ton....

As I mentioned.... transfer the Carbon Tax on fuel, natural gas etc etc directly to payments for COVID social assistance measures. That will help an absolute ton....
i see what you did there :sneaky:

Any government hates money being tied to anything. They would prefer to keep the fog thick to allow them to maneuver and/or dump some bundles overboard to waiting friends. Instead of collecting more money and redistributing it (with the associated loss in bureaucratic overhead lost), it is much easier to just avoid collecting it in the first place. That doesn't give JT a cheque to hand you in election year though and the vast majority don't realize that they literally paid $100 for JT to hand them a cheque for $66 (or probably less).

Both gov't would have scrambled funds into action, hard to say whether the PCs would have done better. The fraud and misrepresentation was/is epic. A couple of the things I have first hand knowledge of:

1) A local boys hockey team of 15&16 year olds who have never worked, each enrolled to receive CERB.
2) A local golf course that claimed emergency wage subsidy despite having a banner year. Because they closed their clubhouse and reported revenues dropping to near zero for that business, they were able to claim about $320K support to pay course workers. Like many GTA golf courses, this was a banner year for rounds - they used a loophole to pocket 300K.

They can't be the only ones who figured this out.

Do the math. 8.2 million Canadians took CERB, the taxpaying workforce is 20.3 million. That means 40% of the workforce took CERB. Considering unemployment never hit 20%, it's pretty easy to see there is a gap of fiscal uncertainty. Then add in the Fed Wage subsidy - $80B is 4 million paycheques a week for 2020.

The numbers don't add up. Billions and Billions leaked out.

Let's not sweep the inept handling of the money tree under the rug. This government can crow all it wants about being there for people but it;
1) tried a power grab while masquerading as having our back
2) has been pretty blasé about accountability AND transparency with our money
thats pretty universal with all governments regardless of political affiliation
everytime there's a crisis, the government/state/police etc just ends up getting and consolidating more power(see 9/11 and the patriot act, mass surveillance, etc etc etc )

Back
Top Bottom