I don't recall what scandals Harper had
- Hush money scandal. Senator Mike Duffy ring a bell?
- F35 scandal. Harper was actually found in contempt of parliament over that one for refusing to share info as the law required - happened several times over his tenure.
- Killed the long form census.
- Repeated use of Omnibus bills to make run arounds Parliament.
- Muzzling people in his own party as well as scientists. A system was put in place where everyone had to run things through him first before it was potentially approved for public release. Things that were not friendly to the party or to their outlook or mantra were not approved and people who talked anyways were punished.
- Retroactively enacted laws to protect the RCMP. Another Omnibus special on that one.
- The advertising scam where public money was used in a thinly veiled "advertising program" that was in short only designed to advertise the PC party. Remember those "Economic Action Plan" posters everywhere? Pierre Poilievre ring a bell? Remember the Gazebo?
- Prorogued parliament. Twice. Once was to escape the Afghan detainee issue which the UN lambasted Canada over.
- Remember when our government was rebranded "The Harper Government"? And the PC logo was put on Government cheques as defacto advertising? Remember when they denied it until internal documents were leaked confirming it was directed?
- Remember when public posts were stacked with patronage appointments of people who were loyal to Harper?
- Remember when Harper tried to ban journalists who he didn't like?
- Remember when he tried to ban media coverage of fallen soldiers returning home? And refused to fly the flag half staff to respect them?
I could keep going and going and going.
People forget so fast.