GWS- Const. Keith Calderwood | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GWS- Const. Keith Calderwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Yes...they are in a riskier job...but they picked that career and it comes with risk and get pay very nicely for it...I was reading somewhere highest paid cops)

Once again... riskier than what? Construction workers are many, many times more likely to be injured on the job. And make a whole lot less. And just as importantly, whine a whole lot less about it.

Once again... riskier than what? Construction workers are many, many times more likely to be injured on the job. And make a whole lot less. And just as importantly, whine a whole lot less about it.
You guys forget about soldiers.

I figured it'd be either a crackhead or a tweaker, considering the circumstances.

Hmmmm. Ride for Cancer, Big Brothers. Looks like he's one of the (few remaining) good ones that missed Fantino's mandatory jackboot training memo. They were reprting this morning that he'll be getting out of the hospital within the next few days. That's good news.

Riskier then your avg job.

"more" riskier jobs have safety procedures...Harass, tie down, hard hats or whatever equipment they use... but cop sometimes walks into situation they have no control over.

I agree they make a lot less....maybe they need a better union :p

Hmmm...got hit by FF...guess our cops needs more training...spend that $$$

With all the safety equipment and rules we have, anyone getting hurt in construction does so by being lazy, complacent, or stupid. Every time a cop goes to work they are at risk of injury or death.

With all the safety equipment and rules we have, anyone getting hurt in construction does so by being lazy, complacent, or stupid. Every time a cop goes to work they are at risk of injury or death.

Shaman said likely to be injured. What does your little outburst have to do with the LIKELIHOOD of one getting hurt?

I'll save you the time. Nothing.

Last edited:
It's not a riskier job. Being a Canadian cop is safer than a lot of other professions you could pick. And you're right, nobody closes down bridges or streets for us regular Joes to get to the hospital... but that's the blue boys club for you. I suppose the difference is that he got shot while (arguably) making the community a safer place. That has its benefits.
closing down drug dealers houses isn't making the community a safer place?

closing down drug dealers houses isn't making the community a safer place?

I suppose the difference is that he got shot while (arguably) making the community a safer place

I don't know about you, but I read that and I get that Shaman is saying that he should get the closed street treatment on his way to the hospital because he was doing the community a service. That's what arguably means. That you can make an argument for it.

"Meanwhile Kawartha Lakes Police say four of the five people who were taken into custody during the raid have been released from custody without charge"

A crack house eh? Why no mention of crack actually being found, and why did 4 out of 5 "crack heads" not get charged with anything...As usual more to the story, that we will never hear....

For the record shooting a cop is bad, not standing up for people that are in a house with a gun, or even hanging out with someone that would shoot a cop...Just strange that everyone else in the house was innocent

Just strange that everyone else in the house was innocent

There's a difference between innocent and being able to lay charges that will stand up in court. If the cops say "alright, who's crack on the coffee table is this?", and they all point to the sheet on the front lawn, there's not a hell of a lot they can do.

Last edited:
There's a difference between innocent and being able to lay charges that will stand up in court. If the cops say "alright, who's crack is this?", and they all point to the sheet on the front lawn, there's not a hell of a lot they can do.

LOL first of all cops lay charges that wont stand up in court all the time, for traffic offenses! When their co worker gets shot you dont think they would do the same if there as even the slightest bit of illegal stuff in the house?

A police officer was shot on scene, if they found a sprinkle of crack on anyone, they would be charged...I dont think the cops are like "oh you guys didnt shoot anyone, so were just going to let you go and put all the crack on your dead friend"

So far from the little info given, it looks like there was no crack in the "crack house".....Scum bag still shot a cop, so I find it strange they couldnt find anything to charge anyone else in the house with...If they are chilling out in a house with a guy that would shoot cops, Id assume they are bad people too and the cops would do anything they can to charge them if there was even a dust particle of something illegal in the house...

If the cops say "alright, who's crack on the coffee table is this?", and they all point to the sheet on the front lawn, there's not a hell of a lot they can do.

LOL you obviously have never been on the other side of the law in a drug possession situation...Thats not how it works bud, unless the dead guy stands up and says "yes it was all mine" everyone gets charged with something or all for the same thing...Then the cops put pressure on everyone to rat each other out before it goes to court.

Even if the charges dont stant up in court, the cops at least get to arrest and book people make them stay in jail at least overnight while they try to get bail...

LOL you obviously have never been on the other side of the law in a drug possession situation...Thats not how it works bud, unless the dead guy stands up and says "yes it was all mine" everyone gets charged with something or all for the same thing...Then the cops put pressure on everyone to rat each other out before it goes to court.

Even if the charges dont stant up in court, the cops at least get to arrest and book people make them stay in jail at least overnight while they try to get bail...

racial profiling doesn't help minorities in these cases either.

And how many of these deaths in other industries are related to negligence? Im an electrician and it is nearly impossible for me to die of electric shock if all rules and reg's are followed.

I guess you are a resie... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom