GWS- Const. Keith Calderwood | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GWS- Const. Keith Calderwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Stats Canada, the only group that is more at risk of being murdered on the job are cabbies. Now if you're envious of that....

People get murdered all the time, not just cops. Out of the 70,000 officers in Canada, maybe 2 or 3 die in the line of duty per year? That's statistically insignificant. WAY more workers die in other industries... construction, transport, fishing, logging, mining, you name it.

They're not the only ones who have to deal with rejects. And even with that being said, if you're on the OPP you're mostly cruising the highways looking for speeders. I bet a convenience store clerk has to deal with more **** than the average cop.... at 1/3 the salary.

No, store clerks call the cops whent he encounter these rejects.
And ya, all cops are on traffic patrol.

People get murdered all the time, not just cops. Out of the 70,000 officers in Canada, maybe 2 or 3 die in the line of duty per year? That's statistically insignificant. WAY more workers die in other industries... construction, transport, fishing, logging, mining, you name it.

And how many of these deaths in other industries are related to negligence? Im an electrician and it is nearly impossible for me to die of electric shock if all rules and reg's are followed.

I think it's amazing that we can't even have a GWS thread for an injured cop on this forum.

mmmnaked, no one's stopping you from posting similar threads regarding construction workers, fisherman, lumberjacks, etc. Go at 'er.

I think it's amazing that we can't even have a GWS thread for an injured cop on this forum.

mmmnaked, no one's stopping you from posting similar threads regarding construction workers, fisherman, lumberjacks, etc. Go at 'er.

If I did post it, it wouldn't be in a motorcycle related board. Maybe romper room?

If I did post it, it wouldn't be in a motorcycle related board. Maybe romper room?

True. This thread should probably go to Romper Room.

GWS

Last i heard on the news, he is going to be alright, in stable condition-- which is great news.

Great response and communication between EMS and TPS and everyone else involved to make sure he got to hospital in time.

ETF is a high risk job on the police force, probely the most likely to get shot or injured because of the work they do.

GWS Calderwood

GWS

Last i heard on the news, he is going to be alright, in stable condition-- which is great news.

Great response and communication between EMS and TPS and everyone else involved to make sure he got to hospital in time.

ETF is a high risk job on the police force, probely the most likely to get shot or injured because of the work they do.

I wonder about that. When the ETF rolls onto a scene, usually they're expecting trouble. They are equipped and trained for trouble. A regular cop doing his job has no idea what's going to happen when he knocks on someone's door.

ETF cops aren't magicians, they don't know what's gonna happen when they knock on a door either. This was a drug house so I'd say any cop executing a search warrant should be on high alert.

Was Calderwood ETF or what? Not that it makes a difference really... you can be 100% prepared for trouble and still get shot.

Maybe the getting shot part?

Sure, that would suck. However, police work is not even in the top 10 of work-related injuries. Just so you know.

The way the cops and their employers have been treating people over the past 10 years, it's no surprise. The general public doesn't like or trust the cops.

All the same, I'm always sorry to hear that someone was killed regardless of the circumstances. RIP.

Last edited:
GWS PC Calderwood. I truly respect the profession for having to deal with all sorts of scum in the society and sometimes it can result in being on the receiving end of violence.

(he didn't die)

Sorry, confused this post with another. GWS then. And hopefully leave the forces rather than come back compromised by the experience.

Sorry, confused this post with another. GWS then. And hopefully leave the forces rather than come back compromised by the experience.

He comes off as a guy who really cares about the community, so if he comes back, I'd bank on him still knowing the difference between a normal person and a real piece of scum.

probably not...be on disable leave for awhile...(for say 2-3 years...$$$$$)

Hmmm...I believe he was hit in the chest and leg...(no vest?) I understand the leg...

But it's always nice...close down street, bridges, special ferries...

I wondering if any of you guys got shot would they close down the streets for you to get to the hospital faster...(Yes...they are in a riskier job...but they picked that career and it comes with risk and get pay very nicely for it...I was reading somewhere highest paid cops)

It's not a riskier job. Being a Canadian cop is safer than a lot of other professions you could pick. And you're right, nobody closes down bridges or streets for us regular Joes to get to the hospital... but that's the blue boys club for you. I suppose the difference is that he got shot while (arguably) making the community a safer place. That has its benefits.

He got shot, people want to post their respects. What's your point? That he has a better job than you?

Bear in mind this is Romper Room and not "Fallen section", lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom