Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 176 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

Do you guys line up the flats on cylinder head bolts too?

We have lever door handles that have all drooped about 3deg off level over the last two yrs. There are about 20 of them and its driving me bananas . Weiser lock rep said "stop looking at it"
I cant......

We have lever door handles that have all drooped about 3deg off level over the last two yrs. There are about 20 of them and its driving me bananas . Weiser lock rep said "stop looking at it"
I cant......
You should have bought Baldwins to live up to you Oakville baller status. I won't pay for them, but damn do they feel nice.

I cant......

I am sooo not-that-kind-of-person.

Wife comes into my office one day and says, "one of your pictures on the wall is about a cm lower than the rest".

I replied, "Good thing this isn't *your* office then!"

cary-grant-get-out.gif

Last edited:
I remember my wife kept nagging me about painting our apartment. I kept putting it off and off. Flew out to Turkey for a few days, came back to a painted apartment. I'd say that's a win-win.

I remember my wife kept nagging me about painting our apartment. I kept putting it off and off. Flew out to Turkey for a few days, came back to a painted apartment. I'd say that's a win-win.
I'd be looking around for the receipt. It's not always a win.

I am sooo not-that-kind-of-person.

Wife comes into my office one day and says, "one of your pictures on the wall is about a cm lower than the rest".

I replied, "Good thing this isn't *your* office then!"

cary-grant-get-out.gif
My daughter overheard her neighbour's significant other being told he wasn't holding the shopping bag correctly. The handles are supposed to lay flat, not twisted. Apparently last summer she told him he wasn't standing in the right place to water the front lawn. The lawn is 12 X 12 feet.

They just moved in a few months ago buying "As is"without an inspection. Wait until the basement floods next spring, the bats come out of hibernation and the ants start migrating.

Looking at blueprints this am for reno work on a historic Toronto mansion. I’m supplying some material into the new mill work . Just looking at what’s about to be done makes me sad , remuddling not remodeling.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking at blueprints this am for reno work on a historic Toronto mansion. I’m supplying some material into the new mill work . Just looking at what’s about to be done makes me sad , remuddling not remodeling.

Define historic. Most of our historic buildings would, in Europe, be considered a new subdivision.

Restoring an old building for modern lifestyles isn't easy. I enquired about a stay in a historic US hotel but the reviews pointed out the rooms were small and not equiped to modern standards, air conditioning etc.

I don't know the Canadian rules but the US ones are brutal if you're on the wrong list. Here the interiors are open to change but the US rules make places unliveable. IIRC the UK is bad as well. They would rather see a castle crumble than have it restored to a usable building.

Historic in Toronto is a mansion big and old enough the have a name .

I stayed at an Historic hotel in Azizona , they had and still have the first elevator installed west of the Mississippi. It’s been modernized sort of , you back into the washroom that was a closet because you aren’t turning around in there.

Had an interesting chat with the neighbour yesterday....

N: how's the house coming along?
MP: all good. Had a water leak under the stairs that just cleaned up and now I'm buttoning everything up
N: under the stairs?
MP: ya, how'd you know?
N: Oh Kevin...that bastard told me he fixed it.
MP: He did. A 1" PVC line with holes in it 3" above the lowest point.
N: Bastard
MP: Ah well. Planning on insulating the house soon.
N: Did you notice that there are 2 layers of drywall in your bedroom?
MP: Yes....I did. What's up with that? Noticed it when the new 200A service was installed.
N: He called me over to help him lift drywall. Said the room was cold so he was insulating it.
MP: Ok.....
N: He said it doesn't make sense to take down the old drywall and just installed the new drywall atop the old. '2x the insulation as there are 2 layers'.

We laughed...I cried.

FU Kevin.

This same neighbour stripped his house, built an addition on his own, and insulated the walls with 2x4 thickness in one warm room, and 2x6 in the rest of the house. "I can light a match and heat up each room my house is so buttoned up."

Working on new shelves for the master bedroom. Nothing special but dad had some wood left over so cut them and planed them to size.

B514E5EE-C1C8-4B4B-BC3A-63A36DBFE396.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom