Doug Ford - has your opinion changed? | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Doug Ford - has your opinion changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excactly, they would be gonners. Douggie should make it, or had made it very clear on the onset that out of country vacay is outta the question. Chit my old work place use to black list days because we needed all hands on deck at certain times of the year. This goes above an beyond that need, and this is our leadership. No wonder people believe this is a hoax with morons at the helm.

I just see these clowns hanging in the back room smoking cigars, laughing and "well that didn't go over too well" Gheesh, ok lets try something else next time...btw how was the vacay....:rolleyes:

Douggie is following standard reactive protocol of admonishing each specific violation as he gets public heat. After oosterhoff party, he said no parties. After Philip's trip gets called out, he says he is angry about trips. There is no way in hell he didnt know about Switzerland in august.

Douggie should have drawn a hard line long ago (around the time he declared an emergency)that says "every elected official is required to obey every public health guideline. Failure to do so will result in the maximum sanctions available and public naming and shaming. Full stop. No exceptions." Not doing that (even now after multiple times getting caught) shows that douggie thinks he is JT and the elite can do whatever they want.

i don't think parliament has the power to remove a sitting MPP as they are elected by the people, unless it's some gross criminal offense. They are likely in the seat until the next election cycle and the people in the riding will decide if they have forgiven them.

Philips used to be president of the lottery and gaming industry a few years back.

I'm sure there's plenty of dirt when they go to digging in the past on this guy

Last edited:
i don't think parliament has the power to remove a sitting MPP as they are elected by the people, unless it's some gross criminal offense. They are likely in the seat until the next election cycle and the people in the riding will decide if they have forgiven them.
I am sure it works like that....but but.. it sure would be nice if they could let them go if they f'd up like this.
I am also sure they are betting on the public having short memories and riding it out.
See if you f'd up like that you should be black listed from politics/gov jobs. I know I know that doesn't seem very demotratic, but these scum have legs and seem to stick around even if there is stink on them.

I would suggest Patrick Brown as well. And after all he is the reason Doug is where he is.
Let's just imagine for a moment that Patrick was running the province during Covid-19, as he very well could have been. I ask myself, would things have been better or a lot worse?

The Patrick Brown that makes the city employees open the arena (that's closed to the public) for him and his buddies to play shinny?

I would suggest Patrick Brown as well. And after all he is the reason Doug is where he is.
Let's just imagine for a moment that Patrick was running the province during Covid-19, as he very well could have been. I ask myself, would things have been better or a lot worse?
same or worse, certainly not better.

Firing an elected official is a slippery slope. I think removing him from his appointed role is reasonable. I think it would also be reasonable if they vote to sanction him in some manner (a month working for free or use some of the govt ad budget to put his face on buses with "dont be like rod"?)

I don't know where impeachment comes in but it's tricky for someone elected in Durham to be fired by people not in Durham. That slippery slope could expand to business deals favourable to other ridings.

Apparently one of our long since departed prime ministers got cabinet ministers to sign an undated resignation as a condition of their appointment. Goof up and it got date stamped. Bye bye.

If Ford didn't know there are some serious failures in recognizing the magnitude of the problem. In trying times the leader has to know where all his key players are and that has to be conveyed to them.

If Ford didn't know there are some serious failures in recognizing the magnitude of the problem. In trying times the leader has to know where all his key players are and that has to be conveyed to them.
Kenney just admitted to the same thing.

I don't mind that they didn't know where they are, like i said before vacation is your business not your bosses.

Douggie is following standard reactive protocol of admonishing each specific violation as he gets public heat. After oosterhoff party, he said no parties. After Philip's trip gets called out, he says he is angry about trips. There is no way in hell he didnt know about Switzerland in august.

Douggie should have drawn a hard line long ago (around the time he declared an emergency)that says "every elected official is required to obey every public health guideline. Failure to do so will result in the maximum sanctions available and public naming and shaming. Full stop. No exceptions." Not doing that (even now after multiple times getting caught) shows that douggie thinks he is JT and the elite can do whatever they want.
I’m with you on that to some degree. Personally I’m not holding the premier responsible for every fuckup that his team makes. I will hold him accountable if he defends friends or fails to act when they step out of line.

Drawing the line for staff at this level is a bit of a paradox, if you do it you’re suggesting your crew is incapable of doing that themselves.

I think Ford did the right thing. Nobody is irreplaceable, nobody should be privileged by their position.

I’m with you on that to some degree. Personally I’m not holding the premier responsible for every fuckup that his team makes. I will hold him accountable if he defends friends or fails to act when they step out of line.

Drawing the line for staff at this level is a bit of a paradox, if you do it you’re suggesting your crew is incapable of doing that themselves.

I think Ford did the right thing. Nobody is irreplaceable, nobody should be privileged by their position.
Well at least a few in every government have proven that they are incapable of making wise decisions. Laying it out clearly avoids the inevitable "i made a mistake, I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to do that". If people setting the rules for others can't decide to follow them based on smarts, common decency and moral authority, maybe a substantial salary hit and high probability of your political career being ended is sufficient motivation to play along.

He didn't do anything until caught out.....he new before the media did....and didn't "call him back" until there was an uproar. If the media hadn't caught wind.....we'd still have the same cabinet.

Kenney just admitted to the same thing.

I don't mind that they didn't know where they are, like i said before vacation is your business not your bosses.

I suppose if someone runs for election only for their own benefit that would be the case. However if during the election campaign the candidate verbalizes about serving the constituents I would think he would be held to more accountability. It shouldn't be treated like a part time job.

I sure I'm not the only one that has been asked to postpone vacations or events to profit an employer.

I suppose if someone runs for election only for their own benefit that would be the case. However if during the election campaign the candidate verbalizes about serving the constituents I would think he would be held to more accountability. It shouldn't be treated like a part time job.

I sure I'm not the only one that has been asked to postpone vacations or events to profit an employer.
yeah but we aren't talking about postponing it. They requested vacation and it was approved, if their bosses were so concerned they should have denied it. If they vacationed in a cottage in Muskoka would people still be up in arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom