Doug Ford - has your opinion changed? | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Doug Ford - has your opinion changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I come home from holidays and the Feds send me a $1000 etrans to help cover my inconvenience of staying home and having the Uber guy pickup my wine order at LCBO?
Well that's an unforeseen hardship.
Guess I’m going to Poland...

How does the Simpsons predict this stuff.... Maybe there is something about the vaccine in the show.

Skip to 0.55

How does the Simpsons predict this stuff.... Maybe there is something about the vaccine in the show.

Skip to 0.55

check the credits, written by Bill Gates?! :unsure:

Confirmation that Douggie is making the mess worse with poorly thought out (or even bad) policy decisions.

According to the mobility data shared exclusively with the Toronto Star, in the week leading up to Boxing Day 101,500 residents from Toronto, Peel and York Region descended upon five shopping malls in Halton and Durham Regions for last minute Christmas shopping.

The Ford government gave Ontarians a five-day warning ahead of the provincewide lockdown that went into effect on Boxing Day.

The data shows that the Pickering Town Centre and Toronto Premium Outlets got more last minute Christmas shoppers from the lockdown regions than their own local regions. More than 13,000 Torontonians flocked to Oshawa Centre for their last minute Christmas shopping. That number is up 155 per cent from the same time period one year ago.

Dr. Jody Lanard, a risk communications expert, tells the Toronto Star that warning people of a lockdown several days in advance is a “ghastly” way to communicate risk. She says the advance warning essentially gave people implicit permission to proceed with their normal holiday plans.

Confirmation that Douggie is making the mess worse with poorly thought out (or even bad) policy decisions.

According to the mobility data shared exclusively with the Toronto Star, in the week leading up to Boxing Day 101,500 residents from Toronto, Peel and York Region descended upon five shopping malls in Halton and Durham Regions for last minute Christmas shopping.

The Ford government gave Ontarians a five-day warning ahead of the provincewide lockdown that went into effect on Boxing Day.

The data shows that the Pickering Town Centre and Toronto Premium Outlets got more last minute Christmas shoppers from the lockdown regions than their own local regions. More than 13,000 Torontonians flocked to Oshawa Centre for their last minute Christmas shopping. That number is up 155 per cent from the same time period one year ago.

Dr. Jody Lanard, a risk communications expert, tells the Toronto Star that warning people of a lockdown several days in advance is a “ghastly” way to communicate risk. She says the advance warning essentially gave people implicit permission to proceed with their normal holiday plans.
This I can confirm, not a parking spot at the Georgetown mall was to be had over Christmas.

They usually have 50 cars max over 3/4 of the lot is empty

It was bad out here in KW as well.

We all know what I think of poll data, but it does produce pretty pictures.

Screen-Shot-2021-01-19-at-11.46.20-AM-768x429.png

Not surprising at all. If he keeps up the current nonsense it’ll be right back where he started. Right around the same time we reach stage 47 of the reopening plan.

Don’t know if will make a difference, at least Doug made the call.

The spineless POS running our country hides out in the tax payers cottage till he comes out and blames Harper for this

Don’t know if will make a difference, at least Doug made the call.

The spineless POS running our country hides out in the tax payers cottage till he comes out and blames Harper for this
He blames Harper for everything because the public still talks about it. He's gone, get over it and lets start holding the clowns accountable.

Every time I hear about another restaurant or business throwing in the towel permanently or getting evicted / shut out of their premises Ford takes nose dive in my books. Ford's family business is industrial where rents are a small fraction of what they are in retail. Ford may own the building and rent is a non issue.

When started my business I was, at the same time, shopping for an industrial unit. I mentioned it to a developer I was doing work for and he asked if I wanted to rent or buy. When I said "Buy" his reply was "Good for you. When you rent we screw you." I ended up getting a good buy in lean times.

I hear of insane rent prices retail shops are paying in malls and worse yet, the underground malls downtown. Five figure debt happens in the blink of an eye with no direction in sight.

What do you do?

You mortgaged your home to start a business that is on hold.

You have no other income.

Possibly you hired family to work in the store to keep the profits in the home and the family is out of work as well struggling on CERBs.

The landlord has locked you out so you can't even access your inventory to sell on line.

If you take out another mortgage on your house to feed the landlord you could lose your house as well if this drags on.

Then there is the tax shift. In Brampton a vacant unit only paid half taxes. So due to provincial policies, Brampton will loses some of its tax base if businesses fail. I assume other municipalities are the same. Who makes up the difference?

Maybe the landlord wants you out and the store empty to cut his tax and insurance expenses.

I don't know if the "Kick'em when they're down" policies are still in place. Years back a guy invested in a business that failed, losing his money. He tried to use the losses to minimize his income taxes once he found work. The government refused the deductions saying investment deductions have to be based on the business having a realistic chance of generating a profit. Since the business was dead the deductions weren't allowed.

"Well folks" touches a nerve.

Every time I hear about another restaurant or business throwing in the towel permanently or getting evicted / shut out of their premises Ford takes nose dive in my books. Ford's family business is industrial where rents are a small fraction of what they are in retail. Ford may own the building and rent is a non issue.

When started my business I was, at the same time, shopping for an industrial unit. I mentioned it to a developer I was doing work for and he asked if I wanted to rent or buy. When I said "Buy" his reply was "Good for you. When you rent we screw you." I ended up getting a good buy in lean times.

I hear of insane rent prices retail shops are paying in malls and worse yet, the underground malls downtown. Five figure debt happens in the blink of an eye with no direction in sight.

What do you do?

You mortgaged your home to start a business that is on hold.

You have no other income.

Possibly you hired family to work in the store to keep the profits in the home and the family is out of work as well struggling on CERBs.

The landlord has locked you out so you can't even access your inventory to sell on line.

If you take out another mortgage on your house to feed the landlord you could lose your house as well if this drags on.

Then there is the tax shift. In Brampton a vacant unit only paid half taxes. So due to provincial policies, Brampton will loses some of its tax base if businesses fail. I assume other municipalities are the same. Who makes up the difference?

Maybe the landlord wants you out and the store empty to cut his tax and insurance expenses.

I don't know if the "Kick'em when they're down" policies are still in place. Years back a guy invested in a business that failed, losing his money. He tried to use the losses to minimize his income taxes once he found work. The government refused the deductions saying investment deductions have to be based on the business having a realistic chance of generating a profit. Since the business was dead the deductions weren't allowed.

"Well folks" touches a nerve.
isnt there legislation currently to prevent evictions?

isnt there legislation currently to prevent evictions?
Commercial not all as I understand it. Residential sort of. You can have a hearing and be evicted on paper but they are currently not enforcing those pieces of paper. As soon as the window opens, the hammer has already dropped, the fat lady has already sung.

Yet another reason we should have just told everyone to stay home for 6 weeks back in the spring, closed the airports and told everyone to suck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom