Doug Ford - has your opinion changed? | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Doug Ford - has your opinion changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least a few in every government have proven that they are incapable of making wise decisions. Laying it out clearly avoids the inevitable "i made a mistake, I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to do that". If people setting the rules for others can't decide to follow them based on smarts, common decency and moral authority, maybe a substantial salary hit and high probability of your political career being ended is sufficient motivation to play along.

Political career: At $115,000 to $165,000 a competent desirable person could do better than that in the private sector. Add to the MPP salary a bit of a slush fund and perks. Then down the road there are other enticements and a pension deluxe.

If the person was truly in it for the betterment of his / her constituents it would be like a parent / child situation where it isn't my time vs your time.
You do what you have to do.

yeah but we aren't talking about postponing it. They requested vacation and it was approved, if their bosses were so concerned they should have denied it. If they vacationed in a cottage in Muskoka would people still be up in arms?

In a crisis all critical people should be on call. If Phillips wasn't needed this is a tempest in a teapot over one more system manipulator. If he was on the needed list someone screwed up. In a changing crisis we need flexibility.

In a crisis all critical people should be on call. If Phillips wasn't needed this is a tempest in a teapot over one more system manipulator. If he was on the needed list someone screwed up. In a changing crisis we need flexibility.

I was off on the 23rd and won't be needed till the 4th. I didn't consider going up north as the government had been saying to stay home and not come in contact with anyone outside of my bubble for several weeks before that. I expect the people parroting that message at me to follow their own advice.

I was off on the 23rd and won't be needed till the 4th.
ditto, but i've still been answering my phone and actually agreed to give up a V day to go into the office this week.

vacation not vacation, job demands it.

He didn't do anything until caught out.....he new before the media did....and didn't "call him back" until there was an uproar. If the media hadn't caught wind.....we'd still have the same cabinet.
Where did you get those facts? Ford has been straight forward as far as I can see, a sacrificial firing to save his own ass doesn’t seem to be his style. It would be political suicide to fire the guy if he knew about a coverup plan.

Until proven otherwise, I’m going with Ford didn’t know.

Where did you get those facts? Ford has been straight forward as far as I can see, a sacrificial firing to save his own ass doesn’t seem to be his style. It would be political suicide to fire the guy if he knew about a coverup plan.

Ford's first comment was he found out and was angry. A comment shortly later was he knew two weeks ago but after he had left and he talked to Philips just after he landed. At that point Ford did *&^$ all. He waited until he was called out in public then he took action. It is conceivable that Ford didn't know the trip was going to happen but the phone call two weeks ago should have canned him and a press conference immediately after should have expressed his outrage and stated the action taken.

He didn't do anything until caught out.....he new before the media did....and didn't "call him back" until there was an uproar. If the media hadn't caught wind.....we'd still have the same cabinet.

Ford admitted he knew in his press conference

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Yu
Ford admitted he knew in his press conference

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
p just read that. He knew after the fact, none the less he knew. I see he came clean but that’s not going to be enough - he’d gonna take a long term hit for this.

Im a disappointed conservative, and disappointed with Ford. But I’m still a conservative.

The good is ford is ahead of the curve at this point. Kenny and the others are going to have a very damaging **** show until they do the right thing and fire the idiots.

Sent from my K87CA using Tapatalk

The good is ford is ahead of the curve at this point. Kenny and the others are going to have a very damaging **** show until they do the right thing and fire the idiots.

Sent from my K87CA using Tapatalk
Surprised at Kenny's response of not discilpling, just sends a bad message, and confirms the double standard.

So they don't seek proper medical care, if the worst happens, because they don't have coverage and then we have an Africa style epidemic? I'm not sure that's the best plan.

As BP pointed out it's a slippery slope.

One of my pet peeves is people that are untouchable or untouchable in given circumstances. This is one of them. They basically flaunt the rules but are still protected. Try that with your car insurance by loaning your car to a disqualified person.

I know a guy that turned 65 and had become useless at his job. The problem was he had 30+ years service and you couldn't let him go without a massive payout.

It happens with union protection as well. Useless or even destructive employees are protected.

Generally speaking the individual cases are unique and enacting laws for unique situations is a nightmare that would plug the courts and cost many times what it would save. So we suck it up.

Should any of these border hoppers, party goers or anti-maskers come down with Covid they get the same place in line as anyone even though they are the reason for the line up.

I guess at some time or another we all want to be the judge.

On that theme, a prisoner in the USA murdered his cellmate, a child molester. He got emails saying it wasn't his place to judge.

In his murder trial he agreed that the right of judgement was God's. He then added "I just booked his appointment."

Not defending their actions BUT....

They did not break any actual laws in travelling (at least outbound), they just didn't follow the advice that their own people were giving out. Cancelling OHIP for someone doing a perfectly legal thing (but dangerous) is the same argument people make that people riding a motorcycle should not be covered (legal but more dangerous than driving a car), smokers, overweight people, drinkers, contact sports, non-vegans, etc, etc...... very slippery slope.

Having said that, they need to lead by example. Oosterhof was Ford's opportunity to lay down the law and show he takes this serious, make sure full fines were handed out, sent to the back bench.... Now he has lost a key member of his cabinet instead, he paid a much higher price for his inaction.

In business this is the equivalent of under managing your team, letting too many bad behaviours slide and then having to crack down hard when the abuse of the rules gets out of control, or fire a key team member...

It happens with union protection as well. Useless or even destructive employees are protected.

My buddy was a letter carrier. He use to joke that he could kill his supervisor and CUPE would have him reinstated the day after he was released on parole.....but if you steal the mail, the steward will help toss you out the door.

Wait, I come home from holidays and the Feds send me a $1000 etrans to help cover my inconvenience of staying home and having the Uber guy pickup my wine order at LCBO?
Well that's an unforeseen hardship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom