Cheap GPS device @ Canadian Tire, may be great for warm weather rides. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheap GPS device @ Canadian Tire, may be great for warm weather rides.

Canadian Tire is clearing out their Curtis GPD358 GPS devices for $47.99. Going fast so look around and grab one while you can.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=707504

Small screen, light weight and runs on 12v so you can cut one into your bike battery. I picked up a couple and it's an so-so unit out of the box software wise. Hardware is decent, fast satellite acquisition, SDHC card reader + Windows CE 5 OS.

The real benefit is you can easily modify the program to run something else if the existing maps don't do it for you.
Thankyou for the heads up on this. I picked up 2 and am in the process of running the software. I'm a total noob and this is a good start at the gps world. The unlock feature is right up my friggin alley!!!!!! Thx again car2slo for bringing this to our attention!!!!!!

pictures removed.

Last edited:
howz about a better camera?

I had all the parts for a universal GPS mount, so I thought i would modify it to be able to mount the Curtis GPS. and grinded the back of the housing to make it flush now i have two flat surfaces one metal and one plastic.

Anyone has any suggestions, or inputs before i start glueing ?

IMAGE_081.jpg

IMAGE_082.jpg

i still can't get it to work( igo 8 ). Even went and got a new gps and new sd card and nothing........

where you able to access the winCE shell? ie. start menu and desktop?

Just got it at Yonge/Davenport CT. This is an in-store special - not all CT stores offer it for the discounted price. That's why it's not in the flyer and the price on the shelf is $100+. The manager was kind enough to do a "price correction" for me, otherwise I wouldn't get it.

The item # is (as was correctly stated here earlier) 099-1981-4

So far (about 30 minutes :) ) I'm quite impressed with the look and feel, as well as the accessories. Everything you need to use it in a car or at home is there - you'll have to figure out the motorcycle mount yourself. I have no idea how a touch screen this small would behave with gloves on, but I don't care either as I have another GPS for the bike (Garmin E-trex Vista HcX).

as of Wednesday 5pm, there are few in Aurora CT

Anyone has any suggestions, or inputs before i start glueing ?

We need bigger pictures. My mother in law cannot see anything from across the room :>

i cant get the until to recogniz:laughing8:e on my computer? i downloaded the microsoft active x thingie. I have gotten nowhere with this thing. I did get it to play some mp3's on my sd card though :D i just need to figure it out!!!

i cant get the until to recogniz:laughing8:e on my computer? i downloaded the microsoft active x thingie. I have gotten nowhere with this thing. I did get it to play some mp3's on my sd card though :D i just need to figure it out!!!

select SYSTEM then USB then ACTIVE SYNC it should recognize it then

hey I just picked one up and I have windows xp. and I plugged it in and cant find where to go from there. haha I have no clue what Im doing.lol
any help?lol Will it even work with windows xp?

Last edited:
yup. I have mio installed.moved igo onto my sd. tried to install threw miop and it says its installed, but it doen;t startup.

I am not on my laptop but go into the gps iGO folder and look for the speed camera and delete the small file in the sub directory and try to install again, you don't really need miopocket u can uninstall it for now, there is a link on the (utilities) screen.

If you need a laugh try reading the instructions. It has to be one of the worst translations I've seen in a long time!

I picked up 2 of them from the centerpoint CT. The guy said that he'd sold a half dozen already.

I love Engrish.. When you turn off my cell, it says "GoodbEy" :D On a good note, it cost $100 shipped, quad band, dual sim, touch screen, minor data functions, mp3, video, camera, pretty much all you need in a basic cell phone.

Well I just grabbed one at the sunrise center... for $50 I don't think I could go wrong.. if all else fails, it'll make a good car gps.

Back
Top Bottom