Cheap GPS device @ Canadian Tire, may be great for warm weather rides. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheap GPS device @ Canadian Tire, may be great for warm weather rides.

Car2Slo

Canadian Tire is clearing out their Curtis GPD358 GPS devices for $47.99. Going fast so look around and grab one while you can.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=707504

Small screen, light weight and runs on 12v so you can cut one into your bike battery. I picked up a couple and it's an so-so unit out of the box software wise. Hardware is decent, fast satellite acquisition, SDHC card reader + Windows CE 5 OS.

The real benefit is you can easily modify the program to run something else if the existing maps don't do it for you.

picked on up a few days ago, and running iGo 8 on it , way better navigation software, it is pretty sweet, but the problem with it is the 3.5"

sounds like a fun little toy to hack and play around with... I'm probably going to pick one up.. thanks for the heads up.

As a Motorcycle GPS though... I don't think it's a good idea... The screen will be very hard to read and control with gloves on, Not waterproof, Not vibration resistant.

EDIT: I bought one today and used it for a little trip to Kitchener and Hamilton. I love this little thing... The only thing I don't like about it is when you search by address you have to know what part of the city you are looking for.. IE: when you type in Kitchener you have the choice of 4 different Kitcheners and 8 Hamiltons.

and I couldn't find Copps Coliseum in the POI

Also, I asked for the GPD358 and they gave me the GPD359 for the same price.

Comes with a 12V and 110V USB power plug and windshield mount.

Last edited:
Searching the name "curtis" on canadian tire's site only brings 4 results, none are GPS'.
I also searched through the automotive GPS' and saw nothing for under $299 on the site so I'm guessing this just isn't a listed product and is on clearance at certain stores.

Last edited:
brampton south (steels and highway 10) has 72 -1 in stock I got one it runes windows CE. Its screen lastic and such don't feal near as nice as the garman 760 I have ut for 50$ and som hacking it will be nice for a bike and if it gets stolen it was only 50$

picked on up a few days ago, and running iGo 8 on it , way better navigation software, it is pretty sweet, but the problem with it is the 3.5"

this must be a good deal, someone in the classified section is selling this same GPS for $90

offer them 20$ and show them this thread lol :D but u better get one fast. Hell I am debating on going back to get a second one to screw with

Thanks for the heads up Car2Slo. I just ran out and bought one. I was thinking I would never end up with one,( I recently came to reality and realized that the Zumo's would never be mine with my wages). Is there supposed to be a SD/MMC card in the box???

Can you guys post up the store where you purchased the GPD? I live in the east end past oshawa and none of the local stores have them for that price.

Can you guys post up the store where you purchased the GPD? I live in the east end past oshawa and none of the local stores have them for that price.

Centrepoint Mall, Yonge and Steeles, They had 10...so 9 now. The price says $119. But it is $47.99 at the scanner.

I picked up 4 pieces.. Queensway/East Mall.. 2 for the cages, 1 might be used for dry rides and 1-2 to be given away :p

By the way, what's the advantage of hacking the unit when it comes to maps/waypoint acquisition/directions? I don't need the rest of the fluff.

By the way, what's the advantage of hacking the unit when it comes to maps/waypoint acquisition/directions? I don't need the rest of the fluff.

Well the GPS program that comes with it is basically garbage it has really old maps and crappy interface, by installing other GPS software such as TomTom/iGo/Garmin etc.. you would get the latest maps in addition to the friendlier UI. Also be able to play movies on it, games, music, and endless possibilities since it runs on Windows CE 5.0

Forgot to mention next week at CT they are having a sale, when you spend $40 you get 10 Canadian Tire back, not bad, but I dunno if there will be any available.

Nas

Thanks Nas. Now, which software would you recommend and where would I have to get it? I'd like something that I can easily find maps for and something that I can use to generate my own maps (if possible). I'm assuming that would mean something that supports xml maps?

Back
Top Bottom