Cheap GPS device @ Canadian Tire, may be great for warm weather rides. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheap GPS device @ Canadian Tire, may be great for warm weather rides.

I already have the garmin mobile running on it now, Getting the maps for it now. So I got a 50$ garmin lol

So now the question is do I rush back and get a second one as to be hoenst it seams to work very well

Last edited:
Thanks Nas. Now, which software would you recommend and where would I have to get it? I'd like something that I can easily find maps for and something that I can use to generate my own maps (if possible). I'm assuming that would mean something that supports xml maps?

My favorite is iGo 8 you can probably get it at www.pda4x.com

I keep getting a message i dont have enough space to install igo 8????? I have it on the sd card, but when i try to install it i get the message.

I'm looking forward to Open Source stuff coming out. It'll probably run under Android, but you'd need an Android port for your receiver.

Hmm, I'll have to see if my local CT has one. That'd be better than putting my good GPS on the bike again this summer.

i cant find a store that carries that? wtf? i want one.... aurora? have any left? i cant get thru waaaaaaaaa

I found one at the CT on Dundas near Dixie in Mississauga - they keep them near the service desk though, and none are on the shelf, you have to ask for them.

I'm in Durham. Went to Oshawa South and they don't seem to know that they are on sale. I wasn't in the mood to argue so I went to Whitby South which has them listed on the big sign in the parking lot. However they were out, but informed me that Whitby North had some (Garden Street and Taunton Road). They have something like 30 units still, so if you are nearby or good for a cruise head out here if your local stores are out. Ask at the parts counter.

i cant find a store that carries that? wtf? i want one.... aurora? have any left? i cant get thru waaaaaaaaa
Hey..no worries! I just called the CT at Centerpoint Mall and they say that they have 40 of them!! I'll be going up in a few hours-yippeee! Thank-you all for sharing the info.:p

Buddy of mine at work picked up one at Sheppard and Leslie. They have a few available there. If I didn't already have a GPS I would be all over this.

Anyone on here from London area that has went out and got one of these? I've been calling around and cant get a human being on the phone. dammit.lol

just picked one up at CT in centrepoint (yonge and steeles). they had a bunch left. great deal!

also looking for recommendations on navi software and where to get it.

How's this for the bike? Nas, if you've used it how does it hold up while riding? and where can I get mounts for it?
I read that it's crappy as it's not shock resistant... but for $50 it might not be all that bad..

How's this for the bike? Nas, if you've used it how does it hold up while riding? and where can I get mounts for it?
I read that it's crappy as it's not shock resistant... but for $50 it might not be all that bad..

I am working on it, I had a generic mount for my cell phone from last season going to try to fit it to the Curtis GPS, will post findings

any time I realy need a gps I will most likelay bring a tank bag. This goes under tank bag plastic and away we go :D

You can also buy ram mounts easialy so in all honesty mounting should be minimal issue. As long as u crack and put say garmin software its a decent gps as realy all you are buying is hardware. and I hate the not shock resistant, realy in a gar you hit pot holes and such to. It it can't handle a bump it an't for a car either. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom