• Liberal Majority

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • PC led Minority

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Liberal led Minority

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alberta and Canada are getting raw deal with respect to the pipeline. It appears the opposition to the pipeline comes from two factions: BC, who seems to like squeezing Alberta's balls just for the fun of it, and environmentalists who think holding up the pipeline will somehow reduce global emissions. Neither is a good reason for interfering with the economy of a nation.

If I were Alberta I'd play hardball and get the obstacles moved. Shut off the flow to BC and BC will have no option -- after a few weeks BC will start building their own pipeline or pay $3l for gasoline. The environmental obstacles are tougher, they need the Federal gov't to step up... wonder how that's gonna go?
Didn't some incompetent already buy the pipeline with our money.

Alberta and Canada are getting raw deal with respect to the pipeline. It appears the opposition to the pipeline comes from two factions: BC, who seems to like squeezing Alberta's balls just for the fun of it, and environmentalists who think holding up the pipeline will somehow reduce global emissions. Neither is a good reason for interfering with the economy of a nation.

If I were Alberta I'd play hardball and get the obstacles moved. Shut off the flow to BC and BC will have no option -- after a few weeks BC will start building their own pipeline or pay $3l for gasoline. The environmental obstacles are tougher, they need the Federal gov't to step up... wonder how that's gonna go?
I'm talking from an uninformed, don't know much about pipelines point of view, but don't pipelines sometimes (often times) break, causing massive spills, isnt the land around it more prone/exposed to explosion and more at risk? I know they're built to be safe but spills keep happening and if you live in proximity, unless i'm being largely compensated, i wouldn't want it in my backyard. In my mind it'd be the gas company making money off my back, so show me the money.

Heck people get ****** at wind mills for electric power because of the humming and the eyesore... i can't imagine how people must feeel about having a pipeline with potential spills that would make it unlivable for a certain amount of time. Or destroying habitat that's been there for centuries over a pipeline that will be used for a few decades.
Please educate me as i want to learn more (as i said, i know nothing much about them, these are my assumptions)
EDIT) for those who know the subreddit: change my view... that's basically what i'm looking for to get a better understanding, thanks in advance

I'm talking from an uninformed, don't know much about pipelines point of view, but don't pipelines sometimes (often times) break, causing massive spills, isnt the land around it more prone/exposed to explosion and more at risk? I know they're built to be safe but spills keep happening and if you live in proximity, unless i'm being largely compensated, i wouldn't want it in my backyard. In my mind it'd be the gas company making money off my back, so show me the money.

Heck people get ****** at wind mills for electric power because of the humming and the eyesore... i can't imagine how people must feeel about having a pipeline with potential spills that would make it unlivable for a certain amount of time. Or destroying habitat that's been there for centuries over a pipeline that will be used for a few decades.
Please educate me as i want to learn more (as i said, i know nothing much about them, these are my assumptions)
EDIT) for those who know the subreddit: change my view... that's basically what i'm looking for to get a better understanding, thanks in advance
Yes they can leak. Explosion would be incredibly rare as my understanding they will be transporting raw crude. The vast majority of the land transited by the pipeline has nothing for miles in any direction and the affected cut through the land isn't that wide. In the vast majority of locations, it is peoples metaphorical back yard being infringed, not actually anywhere they would ever visit. Much of the outrage is just because people don't want it at all (or don't want it without getting rich from it). I suspect if they could get it in, without people telling you what was there, nobody would be upset or concerned about it as it will be buried and just look like one of the million logging roads in the area.

1571776031667.png

I think we're pretty good at building pipelines. The one in question out west is a tandem line, meaning it's another pipe being installed alongside an existing pipe to increase capacity.

:unsure: Possibly not the best choice of terminology in reference to the leader of the country.

I'm sure the Libs in the back room have more dirt on Mr. Dressup than the Cons could even hope to come across. I wouldn't be surprised if the 1st blackface pic was leaked internally VPN style through Time magazine. There has to be a faction inside that is sick and tired of him sticking his foot in his mouth on a regular basis and are crunching numbers on a takeout (or coup, if you like).

All this hand-wringing from the boomers...

View attachment 41293

I think we're pretty good at building pipelines. The one in question out west is a tandem line, meaning it's another pipe being installed alongside an existing pipe to increase capacity.
Oil pipelines bursting?
Oil pipelines will not burst/explode. At the most a flange or midway pump may develop a leak. There is technology to immediately detect that and a crew can be helicopter'd in, repairs can be done in 1 - 2 hrs. (trust me, been there done that).
Once in operation, the pipeline mode is safer and has less of an impact on the environment than the present method of transfer. After the construction costs are paid off, it will be less expensive to run.
How will the 'latent' provinces be compensated?
How about a "toll" per barrel of crude transported?

:) am only thinking aloud, please don't flame me.
Would like your opinion!

"four wheels good, two wheels better"

a coup?
doesn't a coup involve a military takeover?

A military takeover is a coup. A coup is not a military takeover

1. a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.
    "he was overthrown in an army coup"
  2. a notable or successful stroke or move.
    "it was a major coup to get such a prestigious contract"

an unusual or unexpected but successful tactic in card play.
  3. HISTORICAL
    (among some North American Indian peoples) an act of touching an armed enemy in battle as a deed of bravery, or an act of first touching an item of the enemy's in order to claim it.
  4. a contusion caused by contact of the brain with the skull at the point of trauma.

Its only a couple years since Alberta was NDP, and now they are Cons with a capital K. Both my kids live in AB, one employed in energy, they get it coming from Ontario that when fuel is valuable they add value to Canada, when fuel sucks, much like the least 8 yrs, they need the balance of the country to float the boat.
That aside, fair trade within Canada should be the Libs job one. I cant install products I build in Ontario in Quebec. Quebec can build and install in Ontario. Beer cant cross provincial borders, when we negoiate a softwood lumber deal with the US, easch province has a 'different' deal. We are so backward.

Oil pipelines bursting?
Oil pipelines will not burst/explode. At the most a flange or midway pump may develop a leak. There is technology to immediately detect that and a crew can be helicopter'd in, repairs can be done in 1 - 2 hrs. (trust me, been there done that).
Once in operation, the pipeline mode is safer and has less of an impact on the environment than the present method of transfer. After the construction costs are paid off, it will be less expensive to run.
How will the 'latent' provinces be compensated?
How about a "toll" per barrel of crude transported?

:) am only thinking aloud, please don't flame me.
Would like your opinion!

"four wheels good, two wheels better"

No worries about pipeline now . 4.5 billion gone .

Someone sent this to me . interesting read .

The danger to Canada is not only Justin Trudeau, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the job of Prime Minister. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their Prime Minister in the first place. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Trudeau, who is a mere symptom of what ails Canada. Blaming the “prince of fools” should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The country can survive a Justin Trudeau, who is, after all, merely a fool and a puppet. It is less likely to survive the multitude of fools who made him their leader.

Who sent that Donald T ?

& was there any mention about a wall ?

Back
Top Bottom