• Liberal Majority

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • PC led Minority

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Liberal led Minority

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really do think there are a great number of voters who vote for party x,y,z simply because their parents did.
Its like pickup trucks but with politics. I still cant fathom so many in my hood voting lib...she's the laziest candidate ever.

Conservative volunteers came by once to talk policy...NDP volunteers/and or candidate came by 4 times...I have never seen anyone from the liberals
come by...no volunteers...no candidate....not during this election...not during the last one.

So sick of these freebie victories

All too drunk at the moment to be meaningful,,,, maybe tomorrow,

If we had to vote for the "leading party" and separately vote for the MP, we might start seeing a change in their involvement. But most of them just ride on the political party wave to win or lose.

The greens got almost as many votes as the bloc. But that's completely misrepresented with our current electoral system. Oh well... we'll see what happens this time around

I would like this twice if I could.

After living in the US and bringing my kids up there, I'm amazed at how little of a grasp most Canadians have on Civics. In the US, every child is educated on how government works starting in Grade 1. They learn about federal, state and local politics, by grade 5 most can have a deeper discusion about political alignment than most adult Canadians, and by the time they leave high school they have a good understanding of debt, lawmaking, sovereignty, and the political processes from their town hall to the Whitehouse.

I think keeping Canadians politically ignorant is akin to not letting slaves learn how to read -- take the knowledge and you take the power.

I recall as a kid watching Saturday morning cartoons . Where they had cartoons explaining how the US government worked and how laws were made .

"crankcall, post: 2639342"

your post is ill conceived.

They had cartoons for civil defence training too :LOL: in the event of nuclear attack you were suppose to go Bert the Turtle.
Bert the Turtle - Duck and Cover
I don't find this a laughing matter whatsoever. It is a real possibility. Especially with a bush or trump at the helm. There are currently, as we speak, more than 3000 nuclear warheads pre targeted at every major city around the globe, ready to fire, as we speak. It is crazy.

Given the history of the USA and its use of false flags, I believe if they launch an atomic warhead...they will say it was another country that launched first.

Those cartoons are offering last chance methods of protection. Sobering thoughts...

... Those cartoons are offering last chance methods of protection. Sobering thoughts...
Indiana Jones came up with a better idea but I'm skeptical it would help very much.

I don't find this a laughing matter whatsoever. It is a real possibility. Especially with a bush or trump at the helm. There are currently, as we speak, more than 3000 nuclear warheads pre targeted at every major city around the globe, ready to fire, as we speak. It is crazy.

Given the history of the USA and its use of false flags, I believe if they launch an atomic warhead...they will say it was another country that launched first.

Those cartoons are offering last chance methods of protection. Sobering thoughts...
We have come a long way in a short time. I remember doing drills in school during the cold war. For a real cool eye opener take a tour of the Deifenbunker opposite Ottawa.

Ah yes, John D. the man who made the Avro Arrow completely disappear.

Oil pipelines bursting?
Oil pipelines will not burst/explode. At the most a flange or midway pump may develop a leak. There is technology to immediately detect that and a crew can be helicopter'd in, repairs can be done in 1 - 2 hrs. (trust me, been there done that).
Once in operation, the pipeline mode is safer and has less of an impact on the environment than the present method of transfer. After the construction costs are paid off, it will be less expensive to run.
How will the 'latent' provinces be compensated?
How about a "toll" per barrel of crude transported?

:) am only thinking aloud, please don't flame me.
Would like your opinion!

"four wheels good, two wheels better"

pipelines are certainly better than rail car transport
and the pressure drop detection is pretty good
but not fool proof, there are still some horrendous pipeline spills

I would like to see more refining in the east, where most of the people live
so that = pipelines
but really it's not that big a deal
will not save anyone any money
we pay market price whether it comes from Alberta or Texas

there was a solution proposed in the 70's would have improved this
but Albertans cried like 2 year olds
people with no history have no concept of the future
live for the day, boom or bust

we need to strongly support renewables while we consume oil
make the nasty stuff last longer
and lessen the support of rogue nations that have it in abundance

Fracking elsewhere hasn’t helped the Albertans. Where you can do it there’s new sources of relatively clean (compared to oil sands) fossil fuels.

The Saudis basically want/need oil to be around $50 a barrel (their light sweet crude). The general populace gets money from the state owned oil and under $50 the princes are dipping into their pockets to keep the payments going. No payments/welfare and they end up with destabilization and maybe a likely revolution (Arab spring style like many of the countries around them). Much over $60 and competing sources like the oil sands, fracking, etc. become too economically viable. So we see oil generally in the $50 to $60 range these days because that's what works best for the Saudis.

Heavy sour crude (like oil sands) trades at a heavy discount.

As for equalization payments, I agree the formula is broken BUT I also remember that the formula was changed/updated by the federal government of Harper, Kenney and Scheer, that is the formula they are using today! My guess is Quebec is still getting a large sum after their changes because they were trying to buy votes there with other peoples money. Same guys BTW that in 10 years didn't get these key pipelines built. Oh the irony....

Last edited:
Reactions: J_F
We need a vehicle that runs real good on tar sand. Problem solved ;)

Back
Top Bottom