• Liberal Majority

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • PC led Minority

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Liberal led Minority

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's pretty simple. The last I checked, something like 11% of jobs in ontario were salaried government employees. When almost the entirety of that group is making more money and getting better pensions than the median private sector job, we are in deep trouble. As a ballpark number, each taxpayer has to cover 1/10th of an employee's total compensation (which is probably 10 to 15K). We are already on the edge of the precipice. You need money to come into the province/country. Strictly relying on churning within is destined for failure. As government grows, by definition, less money comes in and more money gets spent on compensation. You obviously need some structure, but holy crap, more than 10%???

Consider that the politicians are dependent on the civil servants to supply them with information and carrying out orders. If an elected official is fed misinformation or their orders messed up they are made to look incompetent and don't get re-elected. The saboteurs keep their jobs. And where do you think the embarrassing leaks come from?

To be fair, that statement likely applied to any of the choices.
True to some degree, none were very compelling, but JT already proved he and his gov was already.
Maybe with the minority things will be roadblocked.

Do we get any prize for guessing right!?

ThaI saw this new guy speaking last night and sounded like a total flake....it's unbelievable. I guess they just wanted someone new. ?‍♂️

He’s a canoeing buddy of Justin’s, he has nice hair, and 50% of the population is below average intelligence

We would like to think with a minority government it is all about bridging gaps and working together for the greater good.

What it is really about, all the parties are currently broke. They need to rebuild the election war chest once they think they have a $$$$ advantage they will have a no confidence vote. Values, policy, agendas be damned.

Interesting on how the polling aggregate sites called this pretty close.

as predicted, Milton is largely populated by people that find a Liberal program appealing. F' me.

Well, I'm happy they came to their senses :cool:. I suspect that it will be a trend that will continue, both provincially and federally. Demographics have changed quite a lot.

2 more years max. Nothing will get done as everyone will want their concessions with an eye on how they will look in a new election. NDP will want to distinguish themselves as viable alternatives to the Liberals and maybe the Cons will develop actual plans that aren't entirely rabid. Libs will try for concessions to the west somehow as otherwise they will never get a red riding there again.

Good news...the cult of Trudeau is over. Bad news, he's still there.

Decent outcome the conservatives lost themselves another election by having nothing to offer and no plan. Maybe they can start on finding a decent leader with a bit of vision and a climate plan. They could have easily won this but failed.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
I kind of agree. In my riding the PCs had an excellent chance to take a seat. An popular independent ex-Liberal, Liberal and PC split the vote. You would have thunk the ex-Lib and Lib would have diluted the left vote leaving the PC at some advantage. The PC nominee in my riding was invisible during the election, I don't think he proved his work ethic or had a chance to sway voters with ideas or platform -- the only thing I saw/heard was about 50 robocalls from his office.

Maybe the PCs just aren't ready yet.

He’s a canoeing buddy of Justin’s, he has nice hair, and 50% of the population is below average intelligence
Clearly our next Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Set out a proper financial plan and release it well in advance....that would be a start. Not doing so basically just said "vote for us, we're not liberals".
Did the Liberals ever fully cost out their platform? It was down to the wire IIRC.

Did the Liberals ever fully cost out their platform? It was down to the wire IIRC.
I doubt they bothered. A) he doesnt care what he spends. Just spend whatever you want and who cares about the long term consequences. B) the budget will balance itself. Why waste time thinking when it just works itself out?

It was yes, but they were ahead of the cons and that's all that matters. Put out a realistic budget proposal well ahead and stick to it. Lots of people were turned off from voting Con as they just represented cuts to everything. Cuts = austerity measures in many people's minds and you only have to look to Greece, Italy, Spain, Iceland, Ireland and some central american countries to see what austerity measures do to a population and how unpopular they are.

Finally...I'd vote more happily for any party that ran an overwhelmingly positive campaign. The negative campaigning from every side was offputting. Nearly every party ran on "vote for us we are not XXXXXX" rather than "here's a message of hope for our country".

Finally...I'd vote more happily for any party that ran an overwhelmingly positive campaign. The negative campaigning from every side was offputting. Nearly every party ran on "vote for us we are not XXXXXX" rather than "here's a message of hope for our country".
There was a Toronto green who put out some nice ads on FB, not my riding at all but he talked about what they would do. It was a breathe of fresh air... getting people to understand what they were about and what they wanted to focus on

It was yes, but they were ahead of the cons and that's all that matters. Put out a realistic budget proposal well ahead and stick to it. Lots of people were turned off from voting Con as they just represented cuts to everything. Cuts = austerity measures in many people's minds and you only have to look to Greece, Italy, Spain, Iceland, Ireland and some central american countries to see what austerity measures do to a population and how unpopular they are.
First of all, I guess our opinion of 'realistic' differs.

Second, all that matters? Oh boy.

edit x2: historical voting and the results tell me the Liberals could have put nothing out and likely still carried it. I don't blame conservatives for that.

Im just enjoying myself with a big bag of popcorn watching all the albertans lose their **** and crying about seperation :ROFLMAO:

Its like the canadian version of 'da south shall riz agan!'

Im just enjoying myself with a big bag of popcorn watching all the albertans lose their **** and crying about seperation :ROFLMAO:

Its like the canadian version of 'da south shall riz agan!'
I'd be more worried about that if he got a majority, clearly he doesn't give an F about them.

Back
Top Bottom