• Liberal Majority

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • PC led Minority

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Liberal led Minority

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd be more worried about that if he got a majority, clearly he doesn't give an F about them.

Its not that he doesnt care, hes just dumb and inexperienced.

Still, its funny to watch grown ass men throw childish temper tantrums and threaten to huff and puff and blow your house down(or separate)

imo the cons need someone with more charisma than a glass of milk, some balls, and enough experience in the private sector to convince a lot of Canadians that they can competently govern the country/create growth.

Since the Bloc has most of QC and cons most of AB, if AB wants to go, rip the bandaid and bounce QC at the same time. At least that way, federally we will have lost a lot of income as well as a large expense. Interestingly, given AB's complete inability to store up a war chest, they probably don't have the money available to do the required buyout and secede. It's an interesting exercise to see what that number would be. Are they responsible just for the infrastructure that the federal government provided or do they need to buy out the land and resource value as well? Even with just sunk costs being due, I doubt they could pull it off.

Im just enjoying myself with a big bag of popcorn watching all the albertans lose their **** and crying about seperation :ROFLMAO:

Its like the canadian version of 'da south shall riz agan!'
Or the west's version of Quebec all over again. Although i gotta say, the choices were so ****** that Quebec voted en masse for the separatist party. They're the 3rd biggest holder of seats, sheesh

Still, its funny to watch grown ass men throw childish temper tantrums and threaten to huff and puff and blow your house down(or separate)

imo the cons need someone with more charisma than a glass of milk, some balls, and enough experience in the private sector to convince a lot of Canadians that they can competently govern the country/create growth.
They are all in-experienced before they become PM, doesn't fly with me.

Scheer was a bit slippery but I don't feel as though the election proved people didn't find him competent. Cons won the popular vote, remember that. Also worth noting if the Liberals had gone through with their promised election reform, Cons would be forming a government.

He didn't push his religious or western ideals on people very much, I think as pointed out the platform was just lacking. Also i would say the negative campaign he (they all) ran didn't help win people over.

Im just enjoying myself with a big bag of popcorn watching all the albertans lose their **** and crying about seperation :ROFLMAO:

Its like the canadian version of 'da south shall riz agan!'

Harper had 10 years to build the infrastructure (pipelines) that would have made their situation better today...so obviously it is all the Liberal's, Ontario's and Quebec's fault.... The one to Texas is really Trump's fault/failure today (Obama before), little to do with Ontario and Quebec. Energy east maybe, but no one was jazzed about reusing old NG lines and Quebec had that town blow up (rail but..). BC is the big hold up west.

Personally I say we need to build that infrastructure, but as pipelines go through other peoples "land" how do they really benefit? Seems to me they take a lot of risk with very little upside. Short term some migratory jobs building it (that will crush the local economy the day they leave), a super tiny cut of the tax revenue (as it is really spread across the country). In many other countries the "oil" is state owned so there is a potential for a better direct cut. All that for the risks of leaks and explosions.

When NG comes through, people tie off of it and get local benefits, when hydro comes through people tie off of it and get local benefits, railways same deal, potential local benefit, when crude comes through it goes somewhere else and the upside is small. A town in Quebec learned that the hard way (rail which is both safer and more dangerous...).

Answer, they need to make sure every town, first nation, etc. it passes through gets a good cut, they don't want to do that either. Having first nations take an ownership stake in the pipeline looks like a good idea to me.

As for separation, they become landlocked. Good luck forcing a pipeline through a different sovereign country....

Finally, what percentage of the pick-up trucks sold in Alberta are made in Ontario? Maybe Oshawa needs to get the hate on...

Well if Alberta separates they do so with a rapidly depreciating product as their sole income. Not sure if they've really realised this or if they are still watching reruns of Dallas.

I think they also need more attention to strategy with respect to candidates. The charisma thing is a heavy when it comes to elect-ability, not just for the leader but for the riding candidates too. I think the Libs did a better job of strategically placing high profile locals into ridings. PCs, in some places where they crushing a liberal was critical (Goodale), but not everywhere.

Since the Bloc has most of QC and cons most of AB, if AB wants to go, rip the bandaid and bounce QC at the same time. At least that way, federally we will have lost a lot of income as well as a large expense. Interestingly, given AB's complete inability to store up a war chest, they probably don't have the money available to do the required buyout and secede. It's an interesting exercise to see what that number would be. Are they responsible just for the infrastructure that the federal government provided or do they need to buy out the land and resource value as well? Even with just sunk costs being due, I doubt they could pull it off.
Alberta's going nowhere. They are like a bad adult child living in their parents basement -- they could get along on their own but never manage to get their sh** together enough to stand alone. The energy business needs the smarts and money from the east, Albertans have tough time understanding this.

Even if they could secede, how is a landlocked nation that relies on oil going to get it's product to market? Who's going to supply the money and brains to keep the economy rolling?

Alberta's going nowhere. They are like a bad adult child living in their parents basement -- they could get along on their own but never manage to get their sh** together enough to stand alone. The energy business needs the smarts and money from the east, Albertans have tough time understanding this.

Even if they could secede, how is a landlocked nation that relies on oil going to get it's product to market? Who's going to supply the money and brains to keep the economy rolling?
I'm not saying it's a good idea. Normally decisions made as part of a temper tantrum arent. That doesnt mean they dont happen and the whiney child needs to learn to live with the outcome (or try to unwind it like brexit).

Scheer was a bit slippery but I don't feel as though the election proved people didn't find him competent. Cons won the popular vote, remember that. Also worth noting if the Liberals had gone through with their promised election reform, Cons would be forming a government.

He didn't push his religious or western ideals on people very much, I think as pointed out the platform was just lacking. Also i would say the negative campaign he (they all) ran didn't help win people over.

It's pretty hard to say how a complete change in how elections work would have impacted the overall vote representation. There are plenty of people who have said that they didn't vote for the liberals again because of the broken election change promise (though I suspect that's BS for the most part). It also may have changed how people voted strategically, and the PPC even may have gotten more votes with the promise of not having their vote be a throwaway (essentially). Besides that, with the numbers as they are, the various parties on the left could form a coalition with the numbers they have.

The Cons had years to come up with a platform and a plan other than "We'll do 'things' better than Trudeau" and when they came out with it, it was light on details and not substantially different than the status quo. The lies and half-truths that Scheer constantly dealt out didn't help his case, along with the fact that he was unable to generate any enthusiasm beyond people already disliking Trudeau for a list of reasons that has some validity.

Alberta never seems to understand that they should be trying to play nice with the others to try and get their agenda through. They spend so much time going "**** YOU LOOK AT OUR MONEY LOL ONTERRIBLE WE RUN THIS **** GTFO *rolls coal in their lifted truck*" and then 5 minutes later going ".....why doesn't anyone like us? Why won't they let us run our pipelines through their land?". I think we should be building pipelines and getting those resources out in the fastest/safest manner, but these things require public support and that doesn't happen by metaphorically shouting at everyone aggressively and telling them how they're nothing without them.

:ROFLMAO: what's this nonsense about any one provence separating from Canada,
do you seriously think the US would allow that?

Everybody group hug and be thankful you live here.

Grass is always greener...

Haha, that could be a way for AB to secede if they wanted. Become the 51st state. US gov picks up the tab. Still a dumb move, but may actually be financially viable and eliminates the land lock.

Haha, that could be a way for AB to secede if they wanted. Become the 51st state. US gov picks up the tab. Still a dumb move, but may actually be financially viable and eliminates the land lock.
I wonder if Alberta is cheaper than Greenland?

I feel like Albertans missed the most important lesson of the Serengeti, which is security, survival and prosperity come from cooperation, working together and using your brain. No one can go it alone.

The macho guy puffing his chest out and sulking by himself usually got eaten by the wildlife.

They voted con, who will likely continue the present course of hostility/posturing/attacking not working with the liberals in power, this will look great to the albertans out west(Look at em stick it to truduh!) but this is tantamount to shooting yourself in the foot.

They've been voting con for years and nothing has changed, but they keep doing it again and again anyway.
Didnt Einstein say something about this..?

Buy buy healthcare etc. AND they can't get the US pipeline built now, so there is that... In the Trump term the US one failed (at least a big part of it) on the NIMBYism along the route, why take the risk with little direct benefit.... Obama was a somewhat different reason.

Last edited:
They already made a movie about that:

I feel like Albertans missed the most important lesson of the Serengeti, which is security, survival and prosperity come from cooperation, working together and using your brain. No one can go it alone.

The macho guy puffing his chest out and sulking by himself usually got eaten by the wildlife.

They voted con, who will likely continue the present course of hostility/posturing/attacking not working with the liberals in power, this will look great to the albertans out west(Look at em stick it to truduh!) but this is tantamount to shooting yourself in the foot.

They've been voting con for years and nothing has changed, but they keep doing it again and again anyway.
Didnt Einstein say something about this..?
Actually, It's Ontarians that didn't get the message.
They elected the Liberals last time, seeing the money making it's way into Quebec, even with Kathleen in power here.
Then they did it again.
They don't seem to understand that they're a second class have-not province.

We need to churn these people until they start performing to expectations.

Alberta and Canada are getting raw deal with respect to the pipeline. It appears the opposition to the pipeline comes from two factions: BC, who seems to like squeezing Alberta's balls just for the fun of it, and environmentalists who think holding up the pipeline will somehow reduce global emissions. Neither is a good reason for interfering with the economy of a nation.

If I were Alberta I'd play hardball and get the obstacles moved. Shut off the flow to BC and BC will have no option -- after a few weeks BC will start building their own pipeline or pay $3l for gasoline. The environmental obstacles are tougher, they need the Federal gov't to step up... wonder how that's gonna go?

wow... 4 more years of incompetence.

Sent from the moon!
I'm betting they won't last the full 4 years. I don't think JT can keep his ego and entitlement disengaged for that long, even though there's a different playing field now, and that's when he'll be taken down by someone. Probably not the NDP because they're broke and not able to fund another election for quite some time. Maybe the block and cons. will hook up at some point? They are now both polarized, one in Que, the other in Alta. & environs and feeling disenfranchised. I don't think JT and his people can fix that. I'm guessing JT will stick his finger in it at some point and the whole thing will collapse pretty quickly at that point ?

Back
Top Bottom