Buying first bike | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying first bike

Great thread....reminds me of dealing with a teenager who asks for help then argues why the help is wrong. ??‍♂️

Still unsure if troll or not...

Ya she was wrong on many levels.But i still think we failed by not trying harder to shed some light on her failings.Too much negative input.
You get what you give! She asked a question and didn't get proper answers.

Great thread....reminds me of dealing with a teenager who asks for help then argues why the help is wrong. ??‍♂️

Still unsure if troll or not...
She asked questions and didn’t like the answers turned into trying to make her look like a dummy. Instead of educating her

Ya she was wrong on many levels.But i still think we failed by not trying harder to shed some light on her failings.Too much negative input.
She got the answer to her question on post #2.

She made it quite clear that she didn't need the positive advice from me and others, so we moved on.

You can lead a horse to water...

I wish her good luck... I think she may need it.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

She made it quite clear that she didn't need the positive advice from me and others, so we moved on.

Agreed.Key phrase in your reply is "so we moved on".Not everyone did that.

I'm still ****** about this.
If you met a woman in a Tims parking lot asking the same question? Would you say "let's see if there is any horny talk going on"?
Of course not. Then there is no need to type crap like that!

If you met a woman in a Tims parking lot asking the same question? Would you say "let's see if there is any horny talk going on"?

That's what the fuss is about? Sorry, I read the threads and all her posts, I didn't see any of that.

She was a thoroughly unpleasant know-it-all. Good riddance, I say. I'll miss the entertainment, though.

I think it was the unsolicited advice on needing to take a course that did it. Shaming someone who is clearly confident in their own abilities usually doesn't go well.

evidently one can make jokes, but only about other men, if its an uptight know it all self righteous female the mods get upset, message received.

Also how dare we tell her to take a course! or buy a half decent helmet!

There was some ribbing from the usual suspects, but she made a few threads and got mostly solid advice. She definitely came across as someone who didn't want unsolicited advice, wrong place to be for that. Her reaction on the way out the door was way overblown, coming from a sensitive person...she was a somewhat too sensitive.

we have moderators....

Don't ask the question if you aren't going to like the answers ?
you know i did start to type this while she/he was still here, but i knew it would lead to "nuclear launch detected", so i refrained.

It flames out rather easily and early not as spectacular like the old days.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Not a chance. Lol. The M1 is just taking the written test, correct? Then you have 3 months of riding to get your M2? Iv been driving standard vehicles for probably 15 years now. Have a Jeep LJ. Grew up driving atvs etc. I won’t have any problems learning to clutch and depress gears etc ...or maybe I will?‍♀️doubt it tho. This bike seems really easy to learn on too.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
DEFINITELY do the course 100% .... even if you think you know how to ride, on paper you and someone who doesn't even know where the key goes in looks exactly the same. Getting the M1 is just passing a written multiple choice test so insurance rates with just an M1 are CRAZY HIGH. Its not even about the M1 or M2 its about passing the course. At NFP we can get you on the road at M2 rates as soon as you PASS the course. You do NOT need to wait the 60 days for the official M2. That course gets you the lowest rate and on the road way quicker. I will give you some basic examples of 3 scenarios using a default rate.

Scenario A: M1 rider, no course - $5000/year
Scenario B: M1 rider, course passed - $1000/year
Scenario C: M2 rider through MTO, no course - $1700 and has to wait until official M2

For more details email: moto@nfp.com

DEFINITELY do the course 100% .... even if you think you know how to ride, on paper you and someone who doesn't even know where the key goes in looks exactly the same. Getting the M1 is just passing a written multiple choice test so insurance rates with just an M1 are CRAZY HIGH. Its not even about the M1 or M2 its about passing the course. At NFP we can get you on the road at M2 rates as soon as you PASS the course. You do NOT need to wait the 60 days for the official M2. That course gets you the lowest rate and on the road way quicker. I will give you some basic examples of 3 scenarios using a default rate.

Scenario A: M1 rider, no course - $5000/year
Scenario B: M1 rider, course passed - $1000/year
Scenario C: M2 rider through MTO, no course - $1700 and has to wait until official M2

For more details email: moto@nfp.com
Person left the site in a huff. Don’t waste your time. ?

Back
Top Bottom