Buying first bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying first bike

....so basically...carburetor...I need to ask about the carb and start it up and see if it backfires, whitish or dark smoke out the tailpipe, blueish burns on the exhaust pipe, etc. Got it. Rust in the gas tank isn’t concerning. Everything else seems pretty straight forward. Looks like I’ll be towing my first little 650cc home this weekend!!! Yah!!!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Cool! you bought a savage :cool: you will have no problem working on it,
the only issues the carb will ever have is in the very bottom half and you only have one carburetor
and maybe keeping mice out of everywhere when you store it.

... when you see a chrome exhaust header that is all blue toned, chances are it is a single walled header pipe,
lots of makers use one header pipe inside another to prevent the chrome from discolouration.

the only issues the carb will ever have is in the very bottom half and you only have one carburetor

Haven’t bought it yet but I’m 90% sure I’ll be handing over the cash for it tomorrow. It’s a really beautiful savage it’s completely stock except for the tires i think(according to owner). The mileage is so low on it too I think my patience just paid off and perfect timing. Yup! Already have a cover for the exhaust pipe!!

I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled with carburetor issues. That’s the main thing I’ll be asking about I think and listening to how it sounds when the engine running etc

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Haven’t bought it yet but I’m 90% sure I’ll be handing over the cash for it tomorrow. It’s a really beautiful savage it’s completely stock except for the tires i think(according to owner). The mileage is so low on it too I think my patience just paid off and perfect timing. Yup! Already have a cover for the exhaust pipe!!

I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled with carburetor issues. That’s the main thing I’ll be asking about I think and listening to how it sounds when the engine running etc

Sounds like you have your mind made up, are you taking any riding classes for the M1?

Im already looking for some upgrade parts I’ll be switching out as soon as warm weather pops around in the next couple months.

It needs a low profile seat/ stock one doesn’t do it for me. Straight handle bars. Blacked out exhaust pipe if I can find one. Remove a couple little things here and there. And probably spray paint the gas tank. I’ll be posting on this forum along the way no doubt lol. ?‍♀️.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Sounds like you have your mind made up, are you taking any riding classes for the M1?

Not a chance. Lol. The M1 is just taking the written test, correct? Then you have 3 months of riding to get your M2? Iv been driving standard vehicles for probably 15 years now. Have a Jeep LJ. Grew up driving atvs etc. I won’t have any problems learning to clutch and depress gears etc ...or maybe I will?‍♀️doubt it tho. This bike seems really easy to learn on too.

... when you see a chrome exhaust header that is all blue toned, chances are it is a single walled header pipe,
lots of makers use one header pipe inside another to prevent the chrome from discolouration.

Image1611180902.781272.jpg

Looking at the pipe here is this something I should be concerned about or that’s normal discolouration coming from the engine ?

If you take the course you might save a few pennies on insurance

Back
Top Bottom