Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins

Tradition….not the same reading it on a screen. Besides, when we had cats we needed something for them to **** on.
In all honesty I kind of miss the Saturday edition of The Star. It was a great tradition for our house, and loved reading the comics.

Fire truck on the other side of the highway. Looks like they are helping a Go bus.

Watching CP24.

Lots of TTC buses stranded. Cars not having much success either.

400 series highways full of jack-knifed tractor trailers and other stranded vehicles. Nothing really moving.

Not sure about the 407.

Eastbound gardiner completely closed at Parklawn due to accident involving what looks like multiple dump trucks.

Hopefully you find a safe way off the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OPP closing gardiner and DVP. Just announced on CP24.

Three times a winter you need awd and snows. Today is one.

Some dilly whacker with a porche boxster 6 doors down thought he would get out of his drive , he did its a 10% downhill. He's now sitting in the middle of the street parked in 2ft of fluff and he's not going anyplace. No one seems to be rallying to his aid.

We'll give him an hour to think about what a fukwit he is and then dig him off the street. And worse its a green Boxster, just ugly.

Watching CP24.

Lots of TTC buses stranded. Cars not having much success either.

400 series highways full of jack-knifed tractor trailers and other stranded vehicles. Nothing really moving.

Not sure about the 407.

Eastbound gardiner completely closed at Parklawn due to accident involving what looks like multiple dump trucks.

Hopefully you find a safe way off the highway.

About 500m from an exit. Just waiting for traffic to shuffle forward

A friend is driving from Barrie to Pearson for work. Two hours in and they have made it to King City.
They must of got stuck behind the plows I saw waiting at Dunlop. I was doing 90 km/h for the majority, slowed a little at hwy 9 and I got off at King Road. HWY 27 traffic was light until HWY 7 if it helps them. I would avoid 401 and 427 getting to Pearson.

Some dilly whacker with a porche boxster 6 doors down thought he would get out of his drive , he did its a 10% downhill. He's now sitting in the middle of the street parked in 2ft of fluff and he's not going anyplace. No one seems to be rallying to his aid.

We'll give him an hour to think about what a fukwit he is and then dig him off the street. And worse its a green Boxster, just ugly.
My neighbours brought out their ATVs and are going up and down the street. Normally I'd be annoyed...but it looks like stupid fun. I want one.

We had a delivery person that was good for a while with good placement and consistency. Current one launches out the window at speed and it could be almost anywhere.

Your new guy sucks. Our guy launches from the window at speed and can get the paper in the only 7 sq. ft. low spot in a 1,500 sq. ft. driveway that fills with water 9 out of 10 times.

Made it no issues today 2wd pickup with good snows I do have a locking differential.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

I made it in to work.. Took a bit longer than usual.
'Wife elected to stay home.
All I'll say is she better have the driveway shoveled by the time I get home tonight.
Same for me, except my wife's work was cancelled (blood services mobile clinic). Had to put the Blazer in 4WD a few times. I was planning ahead yesterday and checked the snowthrower for function and found it had gotten some water in the carb before I got it under cover last spring. Took it apart and set it on the wood-stove for a bit and dried her out. Put back on and all good. Snowthrower now stuck in reverse?!!! Must have also gotten some water in the tranny/linkage. Put it in the garage with a heater and hopefully it will thaw out and be useable. Was 0 C in there this morning.

Also drove to work

Had to fully disable TCS on the Camry because the stupid algorithm kept sloowing the car to a crawl +_+

Made me really misssss my manual transmission too. I felt like I had less control

When it snows it pays to leave home early. No way I would be anywhere near a Highway at 7.30 am in the morning. 401 was a gong show at 6am, luckily I have the choice to dip into Scarborough which has so many options. Say what you want about Scarberia, but it's really good for traffic.

I've driven the 407 from scarberia to the airport before in a similar storm. Glad we took the wifes suv with snows. Plowtrain had exited at the 400 and left a windrow across the highway. After getting through/over that, unplowed snow on the other side was bumper deep. Imo, that's normally the threshold for most vehicles. Once your bumper starts pushing snow, if it's anything heavier than powder, it's going to be working to maintain momentum. Needed about double the normal throttle to keep going through that mess. From scarborough to Orlando that day took 20 hours.
There was that much snow in the city north end at 7AM. Whenever I hit some deeper snow, the traction control would kick in and drop the engine RPM below the turbos min and the car would almost stop - felt like a bogging 2-stroke. Luckily I have an a off button for TC which fixed that.

Back
Top Bottom