Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins

And the winner is….

Mustang GT with all seasons. Blocked the ramp for almost 2 hrs. Had 4 people digging.

Probably gonna abort. No lanes of traffic are moving, period. If it was crawling every 5 minutes I’d give it a shot. At this rate I’m gonna run out of gas before I make it another 30km

Just finished a drive from Markham to Newmarket. Markham is a disaster. Neither Markham Rd or 16th avenue were plowed at 8AM.

The snow conditions change drastically at Aurora road. South of Aurora it was white out and 8+ inches of snow on the highway - there is no visible asphalt, and the road is moving at less than 25kmh single file in one lane. North of Aurora road the snow and wind were lighter, still snow-covered but you can see black in the tracks and there are 2 lanes, running about 45kmh. By the time you hit Newmarket, things are much clearer -- the highway is 2 lanes and running at about 90KMH.

And the winner is….

Mustang GT with all seasons. Blocked the ramp for almost 2 hrs. Had 4 people digging.

Probably gonna abort. No lanes of traffic are moving, period. If it was crawling every 5 minutes I’d give it a shot. At this rate I’m gonna run out of gas before I make it another 30km
I have a Mustang GT and with winter tires I never get stuck anywhere. It's my only car and I drive it year round. It's not the car that matters, it's the tires. That guy was not smart for running all seasons.

It must really suck commuting to work on a day like today though. I've been working from home since covid but even pre-covid I would work from home on a day like today.

First world problems: I have to find the paper that was thrown onto the driveway by our Russian delivery people in the early hours of the morning before I go out with the snowblower and turn it into confetti. It’s the worlds least rewarding game of hide and seek.

Just watched an Audi A4 try to follow 3 pickups through deep snow on the shoulder. He’s now spinning his wheels and blowing snow everywhere. At least we have entertainment now.

Snow tires, AWD....all useless if you don't have the ground clearance....

As for RWD...my favourite winter car (outside of the WRX of course) was the Genesis Coupe 6MT. Stupid fun, and never got that thing stuck in 4 years of having it.

As for RWD...my favourite winter car (outside of the WRX of course) was the Genesis Coupe 6MT. Stupid fun, and never got that thing stuck in 4 years of having it.
Just tells me you weren’t trying!

True! If you ever need to drive on unplowed roads you need a truck or suv.

I have a Mustang GT and with winter tires I never get stuck anywhere. It's my only car and I drive it year round. It's not the car that matters, it's the tires. That guy was not smart for running all seasons.

It must really suck commuting to work on a day like today though. I've been working from home since covid but even pre-covid I would work from home on a day like today.
400 series highway gradients shouldn't be a problem with all season tires. It's the heavy foot.

For extra traction I was told that if you're stuck because of grip, spraying bleach on the tires give a big boost in traction. It also removes 5000 kms of rubber.

Hung up on the belly pan? Get a long shovel.

To be pitied job of the day: CAA dispatcher.

First world problems: I have to find the paper that was thrown onto the driveway by our Russian delivery people in the early hours of the morning before I go out with the snowblower and turn it into confetti. It’s the worlds least rewarding game of hide and seek.
The confetti isn't as annoying to me as the broken shear pin from the paper. Especially for those without garages. Thankfully our paper day is not Monday.

400 series highway gradients shouldn't be a problem with all season tires. It's the heavy foot.

For extra traction I was told that if you're stuck because of grip, spraying bleach on the tires give a big boost in traction. It also removes 5000 kms of rubber.

Yup. That'll be someone that gets abused today for sure.

I'm more worried about all the people that are going to get injured, have heart attacks, and general will need the ER today as snowstorms are typically followed by spikes of injuries.

But I'm not going to cross the threads.

The confetti isn't as annoying to me as the broken shear pin from the paper. Especially for those without garages. Thankfully our paper day is not Monday.
You guys still get a printed copy of the newspaper?

We get the weekly Mississauga newsletter...because I don't have the heart to tell the neighbour's kids to stop bringing it to our house.

I've driven the 407 from scarberia to the airport before in a similar storm. Glad we took the wifes suv with snows. Plowtrain had exited at the 400 and left a windrow across the highway. After getting through/over that, unplowed snow on the other side was bumper deep. Imo, that's normally the threshold for most vehicles. Once your bumper starts pushing snow, if it's anything heavier than powder, it's going to be working to maintain momentum. Needed about double the normal throttle to keep going through that mess. From scarborough to Orlando that day took 20 hours.

You guys still get a printed copy of the newspaper?

We get the weekly Mississauga newsletter...because I don't have the heart to tell the neighbour's kids to stop bringing it to our house.
I just get the weekly community paper filled with flyers. I don't pay for garbage to be thrown at my house. We had a delivery person that was good for a while with good placement and consistency. Current one launches out the window at speed and it could be almost anywhere.

Today is cancelled. Still snowing here, only eight inches on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom