Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins

I always turn off TC when snow starts piling up. So much easier to drive through without it kicking it and cutting power to the engine.

Off ramp reminded me of some of earlier gtam rides back in the day with the amount of carnage :)
b6d80faf1d31e3fd58aec776c8709404.jpg

All I'll say is she better have the driveway shoveled by the time I get home tonight.

Somewhere on my comp I have a montage of pics of my old GF shoveling the driveway, cutting the grass, and washing my car. I should dig it up.

Somewhere on my comp I have a montage of pics of my old GF shoveling the driveway, cutting the grass, and washing my car. I should dig it up.
My 4 months pregnant wife loves that stuff. She mows the lawn, shovels the snow and gardens non stop. It’s her happy place.

I just checked to make sure she’s not doing it now.

or you until you get ticker checked
Meanwhile in the antipodes was a lovely day at Lake Barrine.Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at Jan, 17    2022    10.33.49 AM.jpg
Do I miss Ontario? ....not a bit

My 4 months pregnant wife loves that stuff. She mows the lawn, shovels the snow and gardens non stop. It’s her happy place.

I just checked to make sure she’s not doing it now.

Yeah, my GF made me go out and buy her a weed whacker

Having just moved in, we only have one shovel. So my wife and I take turns shoveling the driveway.

Everytime she's out there shoveling, *all* the neighbours are out there doing the same: husbands, wives, kids, the whole family helping out.

But when it's my turn to shovel, there's nobody out there to see me do it.

They all must think I'm some kind of deadbeat.

One day, the neighbour sees me out and about and drops the remark, "Quite the snowfall we've been having here this season, eh?"

WE ONLY HAVE ONE SHOVEL!!!!

Three times a winter you need awd and snows. Today is one.

Some dilly whacker with a porche boxster 6 doors down thought he would get out of his drive , he did its a 10% downhill. He's now sitting in the middle of the street parked in 2ft of fluff and he's not going anyplace. No one seems to be rallying to his aid.

We'll give him an hour to think about what a fukwit he is and then dig him off the street. And worse its a green Boxster, just ugly.
I'd let him wait till his husband gets home -- let them dig and push together.

I'd let him wait till his husband gets home -- let them dig and push together.
we had a yellow mustang who decided to venture out this morning, he didnt make it very far

... honestly until i'd driven an RWD car in the winter i didnt realize the difference.... we were at port credit library back in the hay day and my friend had her genesis with the bigger engine (not the turbo). Having had the subaru, for me getting up that small hill was nothing but an afterthought. But with her car i had to build up a ridiculous amount of speed to be able to clear it. it was like those videos of vertical dirt bike climbs almost.

we had a yellow mustang who decided to venture out this morning, he didnt make it very far

... honestly until i'd driven an RWD car in the winter i didnt realize the difference.... we were at port credit library back in the hay day and my friend had her genesis with the bigger engine (not the turbo). Having had the subaru, for me getting up that small hill was nothing but an afterthought. But with her car i had to build up a ridiculous amount of speed to be able to clear it. it was like those videos of vertical dirt bike climbs almost.
Weird. I had the 3.8 Genesis also with the manual. Never had an issue with proper winter tires (Toyo Garitz).

Weird. I had the 3.8 Genesis also with the manual. Never had an issue with proper winter tires (Toyo Garitz).

the twist in the hill made the whole difference. going straight wouldve been okay, the turn meant loss of momentum

Depends on many factors.

My manual tranny FR car with Blizzaks wouldn't make it up Mt Pleasant during the really bad ice storm we had a few years ago. Even the FF cars were struggling. Rush hour meant you couldn't build up any momentum at all.

Had to turn around and leave it overnight at the parkade at Yonge and Bloor. Felt weird going to work next morning on the TTC with my car keys in my pocket.

Later figured out that some bags of sand in the trunk would have helped a lot.

Either that, or a dead body...

Now there’s an Audi Q7 marooned in the 2ft abyss . He’s says I’m doing ok till I get to the plow berm kindly neighbours that hired a plow left . No kidding it’s 4 ft high . When he moves I’ll roll over it with the pickup truck , for sport .
It’s great fun when it’s fluff , when it freezes over night and you blow out your headlights , less fun

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Now there’s an Audi Q7 marooned in the 2ft abyss . He’s says I’m doing ok till I get to the plow berm kindly neighbours that hired a plow left . No kidding it’s 4 ft high . When he moves I’ll roll over it with the pickup truck , for sport .
It’s great fun when it’s fluff , when it freezes over night and you blow out your headlights , less fun

A whole bunch of us were in my buddy's truck when he slowly spun out on the highway. Did a slow-motion full 360 with cars all around us moving at the same speed. At one point, we were staring right at the shocked face of the driver of the car behind us. Spun across 2 lanes of traffic to crash side-first into a freshly plowed snowbank a few feet high.

The snow was so soft, it was like an airbag.

Zero damage to the truck.

Except for all the sh!t stains we left on his upholstery...

Last edited:
A whole bunch of us were in my buddy's truck when he slowly spun out the highway. Did a full 360 with cars all around us moving at the same speed. At one point, we were staring right at the shocked face of the driver of car behind us. Spun across 2 lanes of traffic to crash into a freshly plowed snowbank a few feet high.

The snow was so soft, it was like an airbag.

Zero damage to the truck.

Except for all the sh!t stains we left on his upholstery...
Full kegs in the trunk of a car did that for me. Really threw off the weight balance with so much behind the rear axle. Pride hurt, only a tiny mark on the car.

Back
Top Bottom