Any insight on electric scooters for adults? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any insight on electric scooters for adults?

Gonna give it a shot and if it isn't worth it I see them being on Kijiji for more than I paid. I'm paying around $15 a day for parking so I'll make this up in about 3-4 months

Gonna give it a shot and if it isn't worth it I see them being on Kijiji for more than I paid. I'm paying around $15 a day for parking so I'll make this up in about 3-4 months
Just in time for the cold weather to set and having to drive again! Why not just take transit?

@Georg3__ you do know that you can claim public transit on your income taxes?...not sure of the amount but it was something new a few years ago to help encourage people to drive less...just a thought...

Also, @Georg3__ depending on your benefits you may have a 'Lifestyle Spending Account' which may cover a portion.

We get $500 but it's tax deductible benefit. But we can use it for Apple watches, sports, kids activities, etc.

If you are serious about an EV commute/run around ...these are excellent.

What my daughter has - really surprising how quickly you get to speed and you can pedal as much or little as you like.
1656463568945.png

If you are serious about an EV commute/run around ...these are excellent.

What my daughter has - really surprising how quickly you get to speed and you can pedal as much or little as you like.
View attachment 56082
This is a great idea. Would make pulling kids behind me a breeze in my old age!

Strap one of these on and giddy up…

FEEEFE5F-319B-4757-A948-3B83FF4E6DFA.jpeg

I wish I had space for a ebike 😪. It took months of negotiating to get a spot for my motorcycle and she barely fits
Folding e-bike will not take a lot of space. Hell you can leave it in your trunk overnight most likely.

Probably 50-70lbs. Take out battery to charge in the house, bike should lose 10-15lbs.

Joined the club

1657517503557.jpeg

$620 US ...$900 aus

Grey nomad couple owned and only used it twice...ebike advisor thought it a good deal.
Guy is delivering it in a few minutes
Smartmotion E city electric bike 6061 aluminium frame in very good condition . Unisex step through frame means it’s easy to get on and off.Upright seating position easy on your arms. Shimano 8 speed gears,front and rear disc brakes and lights, 36 volt 15.6 amp hr battery with rear high toque brushless with free wheel 250-350 watt motor. LCD display 5 levels pedal assist,6klm p h function, battery and trip meter, adjustable max speed.Suspension front forks and seat post. Has a built in bike lock. 24 in wheel 2 in wide . Very easy bike to ride only selling it because going to a different style of bike.

speaking about legal - I've seen a lot of these electric unicycles on Lakeshore trail flying by me on my road bicycle with crazy speeds... Those guys have as much gear as I have on my motorcycle (for a reason I suppose)... how it could be legal, never seen them stopped and by who? I don't see any enforcement on trails even in most popular places..

1657569984797.png

speaking about legal - I've seen a lot of these electric unicycles on Lakeshore trail flying by me on my road bicycle with crazy speeds... Those guys have as much gear as I have on my motorcycle (for a reason I suppose)... how it could be legal, never seen them stopped and by who? I don't see any enforcement on trails even in most popular places..

View attachment 56408
Any motorized conveyance that doesn't fit within one of the few narrow exceptions (such as ebike) is a motor vehicle. At any time when riding in public, a cop could rightfully hand you >$6000 in tickets. It's up to an individual to determine if that is worth the risk. The other interesting scenario is if you hurt someone. Do you have liability insurance that will cover you when riding an unlicensed, uninsured motor vehicle in public? I don't think I do. I have an extra 1M rider but I think that only works with legal vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom