Any insight on electric scooters for adults? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any insight on electric scooters for adults?

For what?
In the absence of a bylaw allowing its use, it's an unlicensed, uninsured motorcycle with a rider without the proper license or safety equipment. It looks like mississauga allows them but condition #1 is riders must be 16 or older so we are back to my original point. If you dont comply with every requirement of the pilot, you can be bent over as you are no longer in the pilot.

These kids are 100% not 16 yet. Maybe the mom when she’s bombing around without a helmet…but I’m not worried about her. I’m more concerned about the kid getting injured as they don’t know better.

Got the E22. Gotta register it with an app that connects with bluetooth. Does the phone act like a key? So, gotta have the phone to run? Can it be set up on 2 different phones? I wanna take it on joy rides!!!!

Can you get insurance for these things in case you knock over a pedestrian? Or are you covered under a homeowner policy?

What if a person doesn't have any insurance of any sort?

Been riding my Segway Max for 2 years. Range is about 50km, top speed is locked at 30kmh. Overbuilt , durable and reliable. It is no more dangerous than my ebike. I use it to commute to work 13 km each way. The biggest danger of all these E-vehicles is the person riding them. If you ride with respect to other bike lane or trail users there would be a lot less outcry for banning them.
Other cities in Canada allow them. I just returned from Portugal and you see them everywhere. I would have no problem with having to register or insure it, especially with the way gas prices are going.

Getting in realistic range here . $1299 Aus all in ...That's about $1150 Cdn tax in.
1655430557232.png
I like the upright seating and storage. Maximum riding would be 20-30 km very flat. Free shipping to Cairns and a reviewer got 70 km on a charge. :unsure:
Any comments on this ...??

Last edited:
Getting in realistic range here . $1299 Aus all in ...That's about $1150 Cdn tax in.
View attachment 55734
I like the upright seating and storage. Maximum riding would be 20-30 km very flat. Free shipping to Cairns and a reviewer got 70 km on a charge. :unsure:
Any comments on this ...??

Yes, Is it for your daughter?

Paint it aggressive red….some go faster stripes and maybe some of those dangly bulls balls on the back and swap the wicker basket for a milk crate and finally rename it to KLR650.

1656363148975.jpeg
Found an older EMMO Sabre 2015 for $500 - it's the style the kid wanted and will work for getting him around until he can afford a mcycle again. He likes it and knows the style. Least I could do since I went halfies with my dottor on hers. Four standard deep cycle batteries and about $300 to have an extra set.

Last edited:
I think I would buy one of these e-scooters / bikes if I get a transfer to an office closer to home. This 401 commute blows chunks and I hate it (but the Audiobooks are good) and if I do move offices...I'm going electric scooter/bicycle for the warmer months.

View attachment 56064
Found an older EMMO Ado 2015 for $500 - it's the style the kid wanted and will work for getting him around until he can afford a mcycle again. He likes it and knows the style. Least I could do since I went halfies with my dottor on hers.

I saw this on Kijiji. I was debating getting that to drive into downtown Toronto

On sale..

Last edited:
I think I would buy one of these e-scooters / bikes if I get a transfer to an office closer to home. This 401 commute blows chunks and I hate it (but the Audiobooks are good) and if I do move offices...I'm going electric scooter/bicycle for the warmer months.
I was working with an electrician at a job at Harbourfront and he had an e-scooter in his van. He needed to meet an inspector up Bay Street and took the scooter.

A) He didn't lose his parking spot at the first job.

B) He didn't have to fight for and pay for a parking spot at the inspection site (Sprinter van).

C) He dodged through traffic.

D) Saved gas

E) Saved 30-45 minutes

I go back to the insurance question. There's a lot of "What ifs?"

What if you goof up and hit the door of a BMW and are facing a $5000 repair bill?

What if you crash and need rehab? (The little wheels scare me)

On the plus side, the thing weighs 42 pounds and folds. There is a possibility of storing it somewhere more theft resistant than a parking garage.

If I lived outside TTC coverage and worked in the core I imagine budgeting $20 a day for transit or $50 for a vehicle.

Payback could be from one to three months.

Pretty sure I've seen those at Costco for less.

I personally wouldn't. From Etobicoke to downtown is a LONG ride on one of those things...for me it makes sense for 5-10km max. Basically a 2-3km boot to the GO train is ideal.

Better get a electric folding bicycle as that would make the ride more comfortable.

EDIT: OK just saw you bought it.

Back
Top Bottom