2021 Day Trips! | Page 23 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 Day Trips!

What is the brand? Could be they give you two different ways to get power into the jacket? The 5-pin connector isn't any standard I'm aware of. Kind of looks like a SD13 connector, but the polarized flat edge isn't SD13.
I had a heated jacket like that. It was a pos. The multi wire connector goes to the controller. The coax lead he needs is available from Amazon i think.
OptiMATE CABLEO-21, Weatherproof battery lead, heated apparel https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00Y38WJSG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_i_SNFKV1SRHW00HTP3GCFE

I had a heated jacket like that. It was a pos. The multi wire connector goes to the controller.

You're right, I found it. Tourmaster/Biketek. You can put in this adapter and use any other controller if you want:

TM_adapter_480x480.jpg

You're right, I found it. Tourmaster/Biketek. You can put in this adapter and use any other controller if you want:

TM_adapter_480x480.jpg
Yup. You are correct!

CDB900BD-EAEE-4931-A8B9-60B795CE0911.jpeg

I don't get electric bikewear. At highway speeds and temperatures that motorcycles run, the coldest you would ever be is equal to a balmy winter day - maybe -3C. Do you really need plug-in gear to be comfortable at those temps?

If so, how do you function outdoors in the winter? If you have to shovel snow, go ice skating or skiing it's going to be colder than anything you'd feel on a bike.

If so, how do you function outdoors in the winter? If you have to shovel snow, go ice skating or skiing it's going to be colder than anything you'd feel on a bike.
your not usually moving at 100km/h++ shoveling snow

I don't get electric bikewear. At highway speeds and temperatures that motorcycles run, the coldest you would ever be is equal to a balmy winter day - maybe -3C. Do you really need plug-in gear to be comfortable at those temps?

Windchill? Hypothermia?

Last edited:
Who cares?

Some people are more affected than cold than others.

There are certain features and items that I feel are unimportant in motorcycling. So maybe your right hand gets tired easily and you absolutely *need* cruise control on your motorcycle. Or maybe its your left arm or you can't or don't like shifting, so you need a DCT. Or you can't balance a bike any longer so you need a three-wheeler.

But if having any of that, including wearing heated gear, gets you out riding more than if you didn't have it, then what is wrong with that?

Agreed, I have cold winter gear and sweaters, long johns, and heated grips, I'm good (maybe being a former sled-head helps)

Who cares?

There are certain features and items that I feel are unimportant in motorcycling. So maybe your right hand gets tired easily and you absolutely *need* cruise control on your motorcycle. Or maybe its your left arm or you can't or don't like shifting, so you need a DCT. Or you can't balance a bike any longer so you need a three-wheeler.

But if having any of that, including wearing heated gear, gets you out riding more than if you didn't have it, then what is wrong with that?
Ah GTAM, I marvel at how you'll bicker over any issue, whether it's unimportant or even less than unimportant.

Like Apple vs Android, Electric vehicles vs gasoline, Harley-Davidsons vs real motorcycles... now add heated vrs non-heated
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

your not usually moving at 100km/h++ shoveling snow
If it's 5C outside and you're travelling at 100kmh on your bike it will feel like -2. If it's -2 outside and you're shoveling snow, it feels like -2.

Who cares?

The heated accessories do nothing for me, maybe I'd feel different if I tried them.

If heated stuff makes a rider feel more comfortable or confident than go for it!

If heated stuff makes a rider feel more comfortable or confident than go for it!

This is a far cry from:

Do you really need plug-in gear to be comfortable at those temps? If so, how do you function outdoors in the winter? If you have to shovel snow, go ice skating or skiing it's going to be colder than anything you'd feel on a bike.

This is a far cry from:
The first one was a just a question, not intended to be a criticism.

My cat loves to get warm and cozy in front of our fireplace in the dead of summer - I'd never call him a pussy.

I have poor circulation so I get cold. Always have, probably always will. So I run the heated gear anytime I'm riding below 15deg. It's on very low at those temps, but it's still on and makes me feel like I'm wearing clothes that are fresh out of the dryer. It's a very cozy feeling.

When the temps fall below 5deg and as low as -20, then the heated gear is cranked up and it keeps my fingers and toes from feeling like they are getting frostbitten. I feel that cold so deep, it feels like my bones are chilled, so when I get off the bike, the first thing I have to do is have a long and very hot shower to warm up.

I love winter activities and my body temps go up with those movement and exercise. I usually run outside about 50km/week in the winter and I'm totally fine. On the bike it's very stationary, so I need to compensate for that lack of movement.

Back
Top Bottom