2021 Day Trips! | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 Day Trips!

Lol actually it was just off Elephant lake road where the trail was side by side with the road. Yesterday was mostly on road because of the km we were traveling.
As is it was dark when I got home.
The new touratech tech gps mount and garmin zumo xt were looking good in the dark though
Yeah that is a nice area, really enjoy the road next to the lake.
Good setup.
I also road in the dark on my ride. Got home about 10 pm. But I have these new Aux light which make a huge difference.
But a little freaky as well.

FYI anyone worried about critters at night should be. On my way home a Moose was down at basically 48 & 35 (just west of Cobobonk)
The police had it surrounded and I barely made out the shape, still alive, but down. Was really surprised to see it in that area.

Good setup.
I also road in the dark on my ride. Got home about 10 pm. But I have these new Aux light which make a huge difference.

FYI anyone worried about critters at night should be. On my way home a Moose was down at basically 48 & 35 (just west of Cobobonk)
The police had it surrounded and I barely made out the shape, still alive, but down. Was really surprised to see it in that area.
I've twice seen a moose in that area of 35 and also a bear once.

Good setup.

+1 on the critters. Coming past Orangeville in the dark about 6am yesterday I fell in behind 3 guys on baggers (shout out the "Northenders" thanks for "breaking trail" at a good clip) I watched the first do the bob and weave as something furry scurried across the road.

Thanksgiving Ride!

Our boss organized a dual sport ride for Thanksgiving and took us all out for lunch. One of the guys didn't have a dual sport, so he got to take out one of the school's bikes.

DSCN2498-X2.jpg

Obviously the Tiger 800 and 790 Adventure weren't school bikes...

DSCN2500-X2.jpg

We rode the Aberdeen Plateau and stopped at the dam that supplies water to the nearby towns.

DSCN2504-X2.jpg

Cold day. Got below freezing up at the higher altitudes. No heated grips on my enduro, so had to put on nitrile rubbers under the riding gloves. There were lots of puddles to ride over, but they were all covered with a thin layer of ice. Made a cool cracking sound when you rode over them.

DSCN2507-X2.jpg

Was a fun day, despite the freezing temperatures.

It's hard finding people to hang out with when you first move to a new town, even more so during a pandemic where everyone's trying to social distance and stay in their bubbles. But motorcycles has really opened up our social circle here. Through riding, we've met so many people that we share a lot in common.

Mom’s bday so I decided to surprise her with some saag paneer roti. Got up here and she immediately put me to work moving boulders on the beach and cleaning out the eaves troughs.

Awenda Park still pretty green, but very pretty. If you have never been, it’s a nice relaxing ride:
2021101219085342-2411219831230623877-IMG_7357.jpg

Very lush up here - really accentuates the rim tape!
2021101219085342-3688103261185531456-IMG_7364.jpg

roti? does that refer to pretty much anything bundled up in unleavened bread?

roti? does that refer to pretty much anything bundled up in unleavened bread?
depends, you talkin authentic or west indian?

If you're talking authentic, then you must be referring to Roti Canai.

Malaysian roti is the best roti in the world.

That is all.
those look like parathas

sigh, I miss my grandmas cooking now

Ventured out yesterday of what I think would be my last long trip. Long story short, no heated gears and it was extremely cold. Don't think I'm going to do it again...but who knows 😁

This was the route I did: Henry Farm to Henry Farm

I wanted to check out Kennisis Lake Rd and also Twelve Mile Bay Rd. Also rode through Southwood Rd and Matthiasville Rd. The roads were wet so was more cautious. Left home at 6:30 and got back by 5 pm. Only fuel stops and a short stop at Skyline park, Haliburton (and a couple of quick photo stops).

Some images:

IMG_20211017_083735.jpg

At the end of Twelve Mile Bay Rd. The owner of the property, an older gentleman came to see why I'm sneaking around. Told him that I was just taking a couple of pics and he was fine with that...
IMG_20211017_092546.jpg

Twelve Mile Bay Rd...decent surface, not great. Some giant size potholes in the later part of this road.
IMG_20211017_095505.jpg

Well, I was wrong when I said I wouldn't stop at Southwood Rd but just keep riding. The riding pace was slow so just hopped off and took a couple of pics.
IMG_20211017_102635.jpg

IMG_20211017_102736.jpg

Symbolic shot of Fall...near Kennisis Lake
IMG_20211017_123245.jpg

IMG_20211017_123334.jpg

Skyline Park, Haliburton
IMG_20211017_140452.jpg

Edit: I need to mention - Kennisis Lake Rd and Boice Bradley are not for new riders. At some places, one wrong move and it's a steep fall. As always, thanks to Shane for the route. This route was taken from Kurt and Shane's previous ride around Kennisis Lake.

Last edited:
Ventured out yesterday of what I think would be my last long trip. Long story short, no heated gears and it was extremely cold. Don't think I'm going to do it again...but who knows 😁

I wanted to check out Kennisis Lake Rd and also Twelve Mile Bay Rd. Also rode through Southwood Rd and Matthiasville Rd. The roads were wet so was more cautious. Left home at 6:30 and got back by 5 pm. Only fuel stops and a short stop at Skyline park, Haliburton (and a couple of quick photo stops).

Some images:

View attachment 51874

At the end of Twelve Mile Bay Rd. The owner of the property, an older gentleman came to see why I'm sneaking around. Told him that I was just taking a couple of pics and he was fine with that...
View attachment 51875

Twelve Mile Bay Rd...decent surface, not great. Some giant size potholes in the later part of this road.
View attachment 51876

Well, I was wrong when I said I wouldn't stop at Southwood Rd but just keep riding. The riding pace was slow so just hopped off and took a couple of pics.
View attachment 51878

View attachment 51879

View attachment 51880

View attachment 51881

Skyline Park, Haliburton
View attachment 51882

No adventure bike, no heated gear, your old school kid!

Some images:

View attachment 51874

View attachment 51875

View attachment 51876

View attachment 51878

View attachment 51879

View attachment 51880

View attachment 51881

Skyline Park, Haliburton
View attachment 51882

Edit: I need to mention - Kennisis Lake Rd and Boice Bradley are not for new riders. At some places, one wrong move and it's a steep fall. As always, thanks to Shane for the route. This route was taken from Kurt and Shane's previous ride around Kennisis Lake.
Good stuff. Did you ride Watts Road at the end of Kennisis?

Some images:

View attachment 51874

View attachment 51875

View attachment 51876

View attachment 51878

View attachment 51879

View attachment 51880

View attachment 51881

Skyline Park, Haliburton
View attachment 51882

Nice run and pics.
I never knew there was a lookout in Haliburton, now I need to check that out!
Thanks

Nice run and pics.
I never knew there was a lookout in Haliburton, now I need to check that out!
Thanks
I think you'll like it... it's right on 118, very conveniently located. You can ride all the way up to the lookout point. There is also a trail that I have never explored, but this is usually my spot for a break from riding after which I head to Glamorgan for a very slow speed mature riding 😁

IMG_20211017_140927.jpg

Awesome day but no photos 3 gents enjoyed Halliburton highland roads via Fenlon falls and east on 503 to Glamorgan Rd 3.
Stopped for lunch at McKecks in Haliburton and then the some fun out on Harburn Rd loop and then over 118 to HWY11 as it was getting late so we had to pass on Germania to Cooper Falls.

Roads were in excellent condition and colours are almost at their peak.

Attachments

• 7A8DB455-DC6F-4BE0-B1A3-167CFEC2A1B9.jpeg
    7A8DB455-DC6F-4BE0-B1A3-167CFEC2A1B9.jpeg
    558.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Awesome day but no photos 3 gents enjoyed Halliburton highland roads via Fenlon falls and east on 503 to Glamaorgan 3.
Stopped for lunch in Haliburton and then the some fun out on Harburn Rd loop and then over 118 to HWY11 as it was getting late so we had to pass on Germania to Cooper Falls.

Roads were in excellent condition and colours are almost at their peak.
Nice run!
I have done HWY 3 a bunch of times lately, really enjoy it, mostly secluded, have to run it from south to north though, as I always seem to do it the other way.

Back
Top Bottom