Y'all might want to keep an eye out for change of plans. Stealth Covid BA.2 | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Y'all might want to keep an eye out for change of plans. Stealth Covid BA.2

Im starting to think your a Pfizer rep... lol Almost everyone I know has got the vaccine AND has caught the virus at least once and survived, but your still fearmongering the heck out of it...

With some reason too. CDC reckons 20% of infections have led to long COVID symptoms of varying types, some neurological. That doesn’t happen with the flu or any of our common infectious diseases.

@DownUnder same here...two of my siblings have three shots while the rest of us have two...we've all had it and no one was critically ill...many of my coworkers are not vaccinated at all and they too have had it with no complications...I got omicron while being double masked wearing eye protection and washing/sanitizing constantly, so really, does anything work?

Now that Doug has won office again in Ontario I wouldn’t be surprised to seeing some restrictions coming back come fall.

He’s won, it’s no longer a political issue and it won’t be a political decision when/if required within the next 3 years.

As a counterpoint, everyone I know has got the vaccine AND no one has caught the virus.
I have three kids living at home and working in retail, we've all got the vaccine. Not catching the virus is not an option for us.

@klr_guy really?...not one person you know has been infected?...how is that possible?...no friends, family or colleagues?...that's very surprising!

I am quite the loner and have a very small circle of friends, however I know tons of people, both unvaccinated and vaccinated (some boosted) who have been infected...none of them ill enough for anything more than a few days bed rest at home...

@klr_guy really?...not one person you know has been infected?...how is that possible?...no friends, family or colleagues?...that's very surprising!

I am quite the loner and have a very small circle of friends, however I know tons of people, both unvaccinated and vaccinated (some boosted) who have been infected...none of them ill enough for anything more than a few days bed rest at home...
Yes, really.

Some people have been very hush, hush about having had it, lest they get labelled an anti-vaxxer, and the torch and pitchfork crowd hear about it.

Yet my staff B in law almost died of it last week......I really couldn't give a FF what you think based on your circle of friends.
I have several with enduring symptoms - ignoring it or trivializing the risk does not change this reality.....

WHO Chief: 'COVID Remains a Real and Present Danger'

https://www.voanews.com › who-chief-covid-remains-a...

18 hours ago — “There remains a real and present danger, the WHO chief said, “of a new and more virulent variant emerging that evades our vaccines.” Meanwhile,

Ontario reports 671 COVID-19 hospitalizations and 10 new deaths
11 hours ago

Of the number of people in hospital with COVID-19, 107 are being treated in intensive care units and 53 are breathing with the help of ventilators, according to the provincial health ministry. The number of people in ICUs is down from 117 reported on Friday.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-covid-update-friday-june-3-2022-1.6476496

Yet my staff B in law almost died of it last week......I really couldn't give a FF what you think based on your circle of friends.
I have several with enduring symptoms - ignoring it or trivializing the risk does not change this reality.....

WHO Chief: 'COVID Remains a Real and Present Danger'

https://www.voanews.com › who-chief-covid-remains-a...

Ontario reports 671 COVID-19 hospitalizations and 10 new deaths
11 hours ago

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-covid-update-friday-june-3-2022-1.6476496
At this point I'm on the side of science, and the medical experts. That isn't always the case.

My sister and brother-in-law (both 4x-vaccinated) came back from a trip to Italy a little over a week ago.

Couple days before they left, they went to a show of some sorts with about 5000 people (guess, but "lots") in the audience.

Sister was randomly selected for a covid test upon arriving at Pearson. Negative.

They both started feeling crappy a couple days later, went to the drugstore, got themselves tested. Both positive.

Both have relatively minor symptoms, thankfully. Out of everyone in our family, looks like I got the worst of it, although I'm pretty much back to normal now.

I still do not personally know a single person that has died of covid. Probably more like throwing a pair of these where snake eyes and you die...

View attachment 55570
I agree, odds are very low. I know of people that have quite clearly died of covid but their family for various different reasons attributes the cause to something entirely different. One was a full-on anti-vax conspiracy family, patriach got covid, got put on a ventilator, didn't make it. Family said he had an unexpected heart attack. Well yeah, maybe his heart gave up but it was a passenger on the train, it wasn't the root cause.

Last edited:
I still do not personally know a single person that has died of covid. Probably more like throwing a pair of these where snake eyes and you die...

View attachment 55570
I've only got 1. Older guy at 69 with fairly spotty health record.

Also another one that came within an inch of dying...but he survived and is now recovered.

I know quite a few people who have caught covid, no one who's died yet.

Also, lots of people who have stuff that's going to kill/hurt them, but couldn't/haven't/wouldn't get to a doctor since covid.

Back
Top Bottom