Working from home and zoom meetings | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Working from home and zoom meetings

I’m pretty sure I’d be fired within a few hours. Or a very strong talking to.

=(

Tbh I've had wallpapers similar (though not as in your face) on work computers in the past for a certain FAANG. However, the average age was 25-30 and most had a thing for anime.

View attachment 46662
I was just on a Teams meeting, leading a coding session, with a director and two juniors.

My desktop accidently showed up. Laughs ensued. All 3 already know I'm very open with loving drawn women. And asked me how to get the wallpaper lol

Guess there's some hope after all! (Also, this is why you should give your employees GOOD equipment because whatever is their own is fair game!)

When I see those big round things I often think about Ivan, a high school buddy who worked nights at a donut shop. When things got boring they had contests to see who could get the most filling into a jelly filled donut before it exploded. Maybe he became a plastic surgeon.

When I see those big round things I often think about Ivan, a high school buddy who worked nights at a donut shop. When things got boring they had contests to see who could get the most filling into a jelly filled donut. Maybe he became a plastic surgeon.

Honestly, I'd rather see them in drawings than real life because big boobs = back pain + disorders for women and that actually sucks.

Any suggestions on a good WFH chair that is not on wheels? I don't want to ruin my wood floors and don't want to use a chair mat. Prefer to use a chair with 4 legs that I would put felt pads under each to save the floors. Thanks!

Any suggestions on a good WFH chair that is not on wheels? I don't want to ruin my wood floors and don't want to use a chair mat. Prefer to use a chair with 4 legs that I would put felt pads under each to save the floors. Thanks!
Roller blade (Polyurethane) wheels are wood floor friendly. No Mark's on my hardwood after two years. Keep the floor clean and wipe the wheels off occasionally to make sure the grit doesn't build up on the wheels.

Don’t use felt pads. Go with metal. They don’t pick up grit and slide to preserve the finish on the floors.

As for chairs, we went with castors on an area rug. Cheapo from Staples for $139 plus tax and actually one of the most comfortable I’ve had in 20 plus year working from home.

I’ve gone good stuff and cheap stuff. Pre COVID-19, tested chairs and bought the one the worked best.

Edit. Or poly/plastic. They pic up sand and stick with the pad and scrape the floor. Steal/metal from Amazon, nail on work great. We use for the dining room.

Also the area rug works well in the office to reduce echo on a call. So rug and wheels works. But, totally understand going with a chair and staying with the solid floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok, been in the chair search rabbit hole for a few hours. Lots of crap out there (both in quantity and quality).

Some people really like ergocentric and they are apparently made in Ontario which is nice.

Reddit/RFD have some good information and links to decent chairs at much less than MSRP. Steelcase Leap V2 @850 (MSRP ~1900), HM Aeron or Embody @1075 (MSRP 1800-1900) etc. I haven't made a decision yet but those options seem promising.

If competitive gaming is your thing there is a Logitech Embody with cooling foam and additional support for 1750 but that seems like too big of a jump for my needs.
Ended up with an Aeron polished aluminum for ~$900. Meh. So far it's ok. Wasn't impressed that HM redesigned the Aerons to be mostly FRP, kept the price the same and spun it as improving the classic. It was a clear cost cutting measure to jack margins. To get a metal base now you need to "upgrade" to polished aluminum if you want black or satin aluminum if you want whitish fabric.

Ages ago I bought a few sets from Staples that were advertised specifically as not scratching hardwood floors. I don't know if this is the exact same set, but the ones I got have lived up to the claim:

Ages ago I bought a few sets from Staples that were advertised specifically as not scratching hardwood floors. I don't know if this is the exact same set, but the ones I got have lived up to the claim:

Those are cheap damn. Makes it extra embarrassing that the overwhelming majority of chairs are shipped with the plastic wheels (even at four digit prices).

That is a nice chair. I would recommend a high back chair with head rest like the one above. Don't get caught up in the "hype" chairs either.

The only thing I don't like about this chair - you cannot lock the wheels, so it will not roll when you are sitting. They are automatically locked when you are not sitting though.

(Damn, fix that edit button, someone, please)

The only thing I don't like about this chair - you cannot lock the wheels, so it will not roll when you are sitting. They are automatically locked when you are not sitting though.

(Damn, fix that edit button, someone, please)
Huh? The chair doesn't roll when you aren't in it? So weird. I often roll chairs around when I'm not in them. How wonky are your floors that the chair moves by itself?

Huh? The chair doesn't roll when you aren't in it? So weird. I often roll chairs around when I'm not in them. How wonky are your floors that the chair moves by itself?
It‘s the opposite. It rolls with you in it and locks when you stand up. Not a big deal overall, except when I try to use my flight simulator pedals 🙄

Back
Top Bottom